Round 1 Team after seeing the trial

Fonua at fullback isn't going to work. Robbie at 9 is past it. Apart from that it's a good team.

@Earl said:
Fonua at fullback isn’t going to work.

Lol. Pretty sure that was a mistake, Earl. Even Sheens couldn't pick Fonua at fullback.

You can just picture it can't you. He'd hit it up like a demon when he caught it which would be one in 10 attempts.

At this stage my first round team would be:-

1\. Moses Mbye
2\. Robert Jennings
3\. Paul Momirovski
4\. Esan Marsters
5\. Corey Thompson
6\. Josh Reynolds
7\. Luke Brooks
8\. Russell Packer
9\. Jacob Liddle
10\. Ben Matulino
11\. Ryan Matterson
12\. Luke Garner
13\. Elijah Taylor
14\. Alex Twal
15\. Thomas Mikaele
16\. Matt Eisenhuth
17\. Robert Rochow

Rochow played pretty well in the trial and was the only player that had line speed at the start of last season - plus he has recovered from injury. Backline looks better with Liddle and Reynolds is the future, not Benji I am afraid.

I'd definitely look at getting more size into our pack… the Warriors absolutely owned us.
And, for creativity I'd look at giving Reynolds a start, and a couple of changes in the outside backs as both our wingers were terrible. It looks like another slow start for David.

@Russell said:
At this stage my first round team would be:-

1\. Moses Mbye
2\. Robert Jennings
3\. Paul Momirovski
4\. Esan Marsters
5\. Corey Thompson
6\. Josh Reynolds
7\. Luke Brooks
8\. Russell Packer
9\. Jacob Liddle
10\. Ben Matulino
11\. Ryan Matterson
12\. Luke Garner
13\. Elijah Taylor
14\. Alex Twal
15\. Thomas Mikaele
16\. Matt Eisenhuth
17\. Robert Rochow

Rochow played pretty well in the trial and was the only player that had line speed at the start of last season - plus he has recovered from injury. Backline looks better with Liddle and Reynolds is the future, not Benji I am afraid.

You had me until no 17\. Rochow has been poor in both trials and is rightfully nowhere near first grade right now. Add Chee kam instead and you've got a winner!

1\. Corey Thompson
2\. Robert Jennings
3\. Paul Momirovski
4\. Esan Marsters
5\. David Nofoaluma
6\. Moses Mbye
7\. Luke Brooks
8\. Alex Twal
9\. Josh Reynolds
10\. Ben Matulino
11\. Ryan Matterson
12\. Luke Garner
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Russell Packer
15\. Thomas Mikaele
16\. Matt Eisenhuth
17\. Jacob Liddle / Farah

So nearly everyone has Momirovski ( an ISP player that showed potential ) in their starting line-up,
yet hardly anybody has Gamble ( an ISP player in a position we desperately need fixed, who also showed potential ).
Didn't anyone watch the ISP game Saturday ?

1\. Moses Mbye
2\. Robert Jennings
3\. Paul Momirovski
4\. Esan Marsters
5\. Corey Thompson
6\. Josh Reynolds
7\. Luke Brooks
8\. Russell Packer
9\. Robbie Farah
10\. Alex Twal
11\. Luke Garner
12\. Ryan Matterson
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Ben Matulino
15\. Thomas Mikaele
16\. Michael Chee Kam
17\. Jacob Liddle

I think everyone still thinks back to the Raiders game last year and how Gamble was found out big time. Deserves another chance at some stage though if he can keep his form.

@Go_You_Good_Things said:
So nearly everyone has Momirovski ( an ISP player that showed potential ) in their starting line-up,
yet hardly anybody has Gamble ( an ISP player in a position we desperately need fixed, who also showed potential ).

Well, Gamble has 2 of our biggest name players ahead of him and he was very poor in his debut. I"m not writing him off, but I wouldn't choose him for round 1\. Frankly, I hope we're playing well enough that he never gets a crack.

@Go_You_Good_Things said:
Didn’t anyone watch the ISP game Saturday ?

I picked Momirovski because he is a genuine left centre and I would prefer to see Jennings playing on the right wing so we can take advantage of his height. Brooks is a left footer so he will kick best to his right hand side and with Matterson and Jennings as targets we may actually be an aerial threat in attack this season.
I didn't see the ISP but if Gamble played better it may in part have been because he was against weaker opposition and had much more time on the ball. I'm prepared to give Reynolds a few games to get back into the swing of things before I start calling for the axe.

Mbye
Jennings
Momirovski
Marsters
Thompson
Reynolds
Brooks
Packer
Liddle
Twal
Garner
Matterson
Taylor
Matulino
Mikaele
Chee Kam
Aloiai

The difference is Momirovski is a Roosters ISP player and Gamble is a Tigers ISP player…. I think the Roosters ISP team would give our first grade team a belting.

I think Gamble has potential but he needs to work on his fitness and agility.

Reynolds must start because that's what he does and Nofo to reserve grade to switch him on and get more involved….

i dont think it will make any difference who we play, we could have 20 on the park and still get caught out wide. i hate to say this but this has to be a rebuilding year, once again. the players we have are not anywhere near the next 10-12 teams in front of them, we will be lucky to avoid the spoon. GEE I HOPE IAM WRONG. but we just dont have the forwards or the backs to compete with the others sides.

1\. Mybe
2\. Jennings
3\. Fonua
4\. Masters
5\. Nofoaluma
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Twal
9\. Liddle
10\. Matulino
11\. Matterson
12\. Gardner