TEAM LIST Round 10 vs. Knights

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Bateman and Papa switch. A shame about Latu though overall probably best side we can name.

Shame Latu is out. I would have put Gavin at 7 since Sullivan has done jack all in that position. Gavin is not afraid and is one of the few in our team that actually reads the game well.

Pretty much the team I would pick given the circumstances with whos available
Only comment re Starford Toa who I watched carefully in his comeback match in
KOE Cup .He was playing fullback which seems a position that doesn't suit as he was rarely in the right spot .However he has proven to be a very good center in the past especially the day he ran rings around Valentine Holmes .
He did also seem either to be still carrying a niggle or was just short of a gallop
He must be fully fit and if not put Naden back to center and pick Faataape

- Toa didn't even finish the game, last weekend in cup.
I felt he looked decent though, playing fullback. Tried to get involved and stay busy.
I don't hate it.

- Wish we kept that Naden / Staines edge how it was though. That's been our main attack, past few weeks.

- Papalii should go well at 13, hopefully. Keen to see how he goes.

- Bench is alright, wouldn't mind Jake to start and Api to come in as @jrtiger mentioned previously but this is what we've all been asking for, for weeks. Give Api a rest.

Finally Ice named at 13, too nuggety and slow to play in the second row. Should play a 3rd prop role like Gallen. Dont need this ball playing 13 bullshit they talk about these days, let the halves earn their contract. Just some hard prick in the 13 to tackle all day and run hard. Keep it simple stupid.

Api should start and feel out the game, would be completely braindead to get him on after the damage is done and the Tigers are down 20 nil after 30 mins. He either starts or he doesn't play. I dont trust Benjs Sheen'like bench play at all, guaranteed to butcher it but if the Tigers are doing ok by 25-30mins Api can come off and rest that back to give Jake a few runs, judge when to get Api back on in the second half, if needed at all.

Bateman back to his preferred role. Klemmer and Stef need to snif some salts and rev up this week. Stef needs to start to show he is worth that mil a year or just another neverwas. Happy with the forward pack if they fire.................and then theres the backline :sick:

It's really incredible how our season has turned out. After 4 rounds we were 2 wins, 1 loss and a bye win. Since then. 5 losses in a row. Back to the same old Tigers. Change of board. New coach. New players. Same culture issues, lack of effort, dumb mistakes. We beat the team coming first 32-6 just over a month ago. I can remember Galvin getting suspended and missing Dolphins and Dragons and us thinking him coming back would improve things a lot. Not much has changed. We could sack coaches, players, etc. but for me the same culture issues keep showing up no matter who plays. Lose to Newcastle this week and we are destined for another spoon. Souths have injuries but a proud and great club like them will turn things around eventually. Titans are playing great footy and nearly beat Storm

- Toa didn't even finish the game, last weekend in cup.
I felt he looked decent though, playing fullback. Tried to get involved and stay busy.
I don't hate it.

- Wish we kept that Naden / Staines edge how it was though. That's been our main attack, past few weeks.

- Papalii should go well at 13, hopefully. Keen to see how he goes.

- Bench is alright, wouldn't mind Jake to start and Api to come in as @jrtiger mentioned previously but this is what we've all been asking for, for weeks. Give Api a rest.

He didn't even run around at training today. Resting
or late change who knows, didn't see him do much

It's really incredible how our season has turned out. After 4 rounds we were 2 wins, 1 loss and a bye win. Since then. 5 losses in a row. Back to the same old Tigers. Change of board. New coach. New players. Same culture issues, lack of effort, dumb mistakes. We beat the team coming first 32-6 just over a month ago. I can remember Galvin getting suspended and missing Dolphins and Dragons and us thinking him coming back would improve things a lot. Not much has changed. We could sack coaches, players, etc. but for me the same culture issues keep showing up no matter who plays. Lose to Newcastle this week and we are destined for another spoon. Souths have injuries but a proud and great club like them will turn things around eventually. Titans are playing great footy and nearly beat Storm
Until they change the deep rooted culture of zero accountability, nothing can/will change. They got rid of the 2 dickheads running the place, booted a 3rd rate halfback and a self entitled winger that after a decade still didnt have the IQ to understand how to defend. The only thing that remains is the culture of unaccountability. Shit game, still gets named the next week. Thats where it lays. Drop players for producing shit games and it will sort out their attitudes real quick, drop their contract value as a regular first grader or play reggies and end up in the run on side for the Grafton Ghosts. Pretty simple.

It unlucky for the Knights that we have a new culture - we do not lose five in a row anymore.

Tigers 13+
We draw a line in the sand at 5 straight. None shall pass. That's the Wests Tigers way.
As Madge said, "the Wests Tigers are always in the f____n fight..."
As long as that fight is not a home game at Campbelltown, or when blowing a half time lead against average opposition.

We draw a line in the sand at 5 straight. None shall pass. That's the Wests Tigers way.
As Madge said, "the Wests Tigers are always in the f____n fight..."
As long as that fight is not a home game at Campbelltown, or when blowing a half time lead against average opposition.
Look all I'm going to say is that we have lots of games on the road now, so there's a chance we can celebrate being back in the top 8 again once we return to Leichhardt Oval on July 6th.

Knights - Winnable
Dolphins - Winnable
Cowboys - Winnable ft. Galvin magic
Dragons - Winnable
Titans - Winnable
Raiders - 50/50
Roosters - Tough Game
Storm @ Home - ???

Last edited:
Look all I'm going to say is that we have lots of games on the road now, so there's a chance we can celebrate being back in the top 8 again once we return to Leichhardt Oval on July 6th.

Knights - Winnable
Dolphins - Winnable
Cowboys - Winnable ft. Galvin magic
Dragons - Winnable
Titans - Winnable
Raiders - 50/50
Roosters - Tough Game
Storm @ Home - ???
I hope you are right. I reckon Roosters is a more winnable game than the Dolphins. The Dolphins are underrated and the Roosters are overrated.

A bit surprised Alaimalo is dropped, and I'd prefer swapping To'a and Naden around.

Other than that, about as good as we can name with who we have out.

Im not hes debut was ok nothing to write home about, i thought he was poor last week. I would have left Naden and Staines together and had Toa on his wing. In saying that i can see why they want Naden out there being a big body probably one of our quicker players when he strides out. Alaimalo didnt seem to have very much in the way of speed and his involvement is not where it should be may come in time but he is 27ish.

Until they change the deep rooted culture of zero accountability, nothing can/will change. They got rid of the 2 dickheads running the place, booted a 3rd rate halfback and a self entitled winger that after a decade still didnt have the IQ to understand how to defend. The only thing that remains is the culture of unaccountability. Shit game, still gets named the next week. Thats where it lays. Drop players for producing shit games and it will sort out their attitudes real quick, drop their contract value as a regular first grader or play reggies and end up in the run on side for the Grafton Ghosts. Pretty simple.
I agree with the dumb mistakes and inability to convert opportunities commentray, but there has definitely been a turnaround on effort and staying in the game. Most games this year have still been winnable with 15 left on the clock and at no stage has the team just given up and been flogged as a result. The fact that we only nailed one of those close but winnables (Parramatta) is a problem that needs to be fixed, but it is better than being flogged by 40 on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back