LIVE GAME Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Live Game Discussion
He had a good game... He needs to work on finding holes for his support runners... And using them
Mate, he just needs some support runners.

Early this season I saw the makings of a combination and the beginnings of some sort of understanding between him and Bulla, what ever happened to that?

Surely that didn't evaporate because Galvin got suspended and didn't play for 2 weeks?

Even though he wasn't playing Galvin was still at training, what were they doing? Oh that's right Benji is concentrating on the defence.

More like sitting on the fence, because Bulla's defence, which was the highlight of his game last season has been pretty much non existent and displaying none of the urgency this season that was on display last year.

All very true, though imo a coach has to be judged on the improvement of their squad during their time. If the squad is regressing then it's prob time for a new coach. The worrying thing is the reporting of all the shopping around of players to fix the salary cap. Ideally you would want a coach who can adapt and coach to the current squads strength not a coach who will look to bring players in to suit a "style" the coach deems necessary
What if the squad is full of weaknesses that impacts the ability to win games - a coach has a short window to impress before they are the first to get the tap.
Api came from a great squad and look at the way he plays. That is the standard for winning. If the players as professionals can't aim for that level of commitment at this club then they are no good to us and are the very cause of why good players want out and or are resistant to coming.
The longevity and success of any "deemed" good coach is on the back of a system that retains /recruits quality players. That is far removed from any thing that this club has been able to do.

Just did a lil research and found out that last year Bula was in the top 15 of the fastest recorded NRL players for 2023.

1. Ronaldo Mulitalo (Sharks) 37.188km/h

2. Jason Saab (Sea Eagles) 37.116km/h

3. Maika Sivo (Eels) 36.864km/h

4. Dominic Young (Knights) 36.828km/h

5. Josh Addo-Carr (Bulldogs) 36.756km/h

6. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins) 36.684km/h

7. Alofiana Khan-Pereira (Titans) 36.144km/h

8. Mitchell Moses (Eels) 36.108km/h

9. Jake Averillo (Bulldogs) 36.072km/h

10. Kalyn Ponga (Knights) 35.892km/h

11. Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii (Roosters) 35.784km/h

12. Dylan Edwards (Panthers) 35.748km/h

13. Jahream Bula (Tigers) 35.748km/h

14. Blake Wilson (Bulldogs) 35.712km/h

15. Tyrell Sloan (Dragons) 35.676km/h

16. Herbie Farnworth (Broncos) 35.64km/h

17. Reuben Garrick (Sea Eagles) 35.64km/h

18. Fetalaiga Pauga (Roosters) 35.64km/h

19. Clinton Gutherson (Eels) 35.532km/h

20. Reece Walsh (Broncos) 35.46km/h
I was looking at the top of the list but couldn't see Nofo's name anywhere.

Reactions: BZN
We have players such as Lobb, Sullivan, Aaimalo, Feledy, Casey, Fainu and Matamua there to pick up the slack for other players due to suspensions and injury. There's no room for recruitment as our roster is full and our options are limited to KoE or Jersey Flegg players.
This is a significant constraint for Benji. With 15 more rounds to go, he needs to focus on somehow building continuity despite the revolving roster.

Not doing a rewatch but from what I remember the 7 tackle set which led to their first try set the tone for the game. (We were on the back foot from the get go). Sullivan's pass to the wrong man and Feledy's knock on the other key moments. But I thought Feledy had a much improved performance than his debut. Galvin and Sullivan were good though, overall.
Samuela Fainu is my favourite player to watch. Love everything about him.
We showed resolve and got a lot more creative. We were down 20 nil 20 minutes in, so for mine there's a couple of positives there.

Despite our poor results, this serves Benji and Richo with knowing which players are worth keeping or letting go. We don't have the cap to do a complete rebuild. Find it's premature to assess Benji's coaching, the constant changes with the team selections and inexperience add another layer of challenges to his efforts. This will likely be a limitation for the remainder of the season and next year will be better to judge his coaching abilities IMO.

Classic NRL ... Holmes gets a fine, Klemmer out for three weeks. Papali'i badly damaged. Joke.

We need someone like Uncle Nick in charge. The NRL dares no screw over the Rossters the way they always screw over the WT
This is a joke the NRL is corrupt, they seem to be out to get us every opportunity, we need to appeal KLEMMERs 3 weeks and show Val’s hip drop

Looks like Cows lose Valentine for 10 mins and we lose Papalii for rest of game
Commentators saying unfair to Cowboys ?
Whos the very anti tigers commentator is it Ginnane .They are already mounting defence saying no suspension .No mention that we lose Isaiah for whole game .
They felt Sezer suspension 4 matches fair bit Holmes should get 0 matches
I'm fed up with this incredible bias from the fox commentators
Its turned out even worse than I expected !
Holmes gets zero suspension and he landed on IPaps legs putting him out of the game and how many more games ?
Klemmer gets 3 matches and was anyone injured ?
Sezer got 4 matches !
IPaps got one match for a trip
Crichton got zero matches for a worse trip same weekend
The MRC and Judiciary favour certain clubs and Payten used his press conference bitterly complaining about ref and bunker saying Holmes completely innocent and Klemmer should have been sent off . Is he allowed to do that ? If so what does Benji say or do ?
Needs to go into bat for his team . Totally biased suspensions are killing us .
Note Sezer tackle was officially described as "not a hip drop but dangerous "
I normally don't complain about officials as we lose nearly always because of crap performance But - the off field officials are killing us !
Benji say or do something just like Payten and Robinson and of course Ricky does
Fed up !!!

Its turned out even worse than I expected !
Holmes gets zero suspension and he landed on IPaps legs putting him out of the game and how many more games ?
Klemmer gets 3 matches and was anyone injured ?
Sezer got 4 matches !
IPaps got one match for a trip
Crichton got zero matches for a worse trip same weekend
The MRC and Judiciary favour certain clubs and Payten used his press conference bitterly complaining about ref and bunker saying Holmes completely innocent and Klemmer should have been sent off . Is he allowed to do that ? If so what does Benji say or do ?
Needs to go into bat for his team . Totally biased suspensions are killing us .
Note Sezer tackle was officially described as "not a hip drop but dangerous "
I normally don't complain about officials as we lose nearly always because of crap performance But - the off field officials are killing us !
Benji say or do something just like Payten and Robinson and of course Ricky does
Fed up !!!
Yep. I'm over it too. We need to stop giving the NRL ammunition by talking about our lack of discipline - making us easy targets. These tackles are not new to the game and the 6 again rules and the speed of the game is what puts players at risk.
The NRL can't police their own rules evident by the lack of consistency and identification of the tackle - ie. not a hip drop but dangerous contact. No doubt they will slowly phase this crackdown out just like they do when they see they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Classic NRL ... Holmes gets a fine, Klemmer out for three weeks. Papali'i badly damaged. Joke.

We need someone like Uncle Nick in charge. The NRL dares no screw over the Rossters the way they always screw over the WT
Oh I don’t know about that. The Roosters have copped a fair share of suspensions over the years, JWH and Radley are regularly outed for long stints, as was Napa when he played with them. They are often one of the most penalised teams also.

Oh I don’t know about that. The Roosters have copped a fair share of suspensions over the years, JWH and Radley are regularly outed for long stints, as was Napa when he played with them. They are often one of the most penalised teams also.
Imagine how much the Roosters would be penalised and sin binned without Uncle Nick. For years, JWH has been whacking defenders in the face and throat with what commentators call "bumper bars", but most of us call "forearms" and "elbows". Almost always without any punishment.

Now fainu was mainly a nsw cup player with manly , how many more are out there playing nsw cup with other teams that can’t break into 1st grade , TIGERS get if ur arse and go looking for these players
Marty Taupau another but with the Fainu's I heard they spent alot of time with Josh Schuster and was never not talented enough just the right frame of mind

The Bulldogs have completely moved on their squad from 2021 due to skewed salary cap and underperforming players. Gould cops plenty but he knows how to get a club out of the doldrums. I believe Richardson is adopting the same approach. It's a shame about IPap but much the same as Brooks you can't keep players on high salaries who are agitating to get out and we are not alone in that dept.
Yeah all good points, my fear is generation next like Galvin start looking for the exit.

Holmes - snaps Paps ankle, gets sent off, charged with a Grade 1 = $1800 fine
Klemmer - missed during the tackle, picked up 10mins later by the bunker. charged with Grade 2 = 4 weeks.

Brought to you by the NRL
With SoO around the corner gotta look after the Queenslanders.

There are better options than Bula at FB. I realise this is probably a very unpopular opinion seeing many of you want him gone, but in my mind Staines is a better option at FB. Bula and Staines should swap positions. Not sure where Benji sees Turuva?
We seem to be adopting the Phil Gould cap management approach. buy up all the halves or outside backs, have them compete for their position then offload the poor performers. I think he calls it ‘a floating cap’?
Like some others here, Im not overly sold on Bula at FB- mainly his effort and ability to acquire and use the knowledge that time in that position has given. For the remainder of the season I suggest Staines to FB, Bula to centre / wing and see how it goes. Next year, Id certainly go into the trials with Turava at FB with the position being his to loose. Bula can be standby fullback.

I wish I was a decent video editor I put them all side by side and promote the inconsistent way we are policed
Videopad is free for a period of time. Can do split screen.

Back