LIVE GAME Round 14 vs. Raiders

Live Game Discussion
Because it has to be established that our side think illegal play occurred. Refs miss things. You have to be firm and adamant that he needs to review it.
I agree refs miss things. That’s what a video ref is for. Ref decisions should be respected and as you said, brooks already got the refs attention by throwing up his hands.

I agree refs miss things. That’s what a video ref is for. Ref decisions should be respected and as you said, brooks already got the refs attention by throwing up his hands.
Players throw their hands up every tackle.
I thought I must have been seeing things incorrectly as our blokes just didn’t appeal properly. They gave the impression it wasn’t as black and white as first thought.
Most captains would have had an impassioned word with the ref. Ours just didn’t.

Players throw their hands up every tackle.
I thought I must have been seeing things incorrectly as our blokes just didn’t appeal properly. They gave the impression it wasn’t as black and white as first thought.
Most captains would have had an impassioned word with the ref. Ours just didn’t.
Yes the players put their hands up every tackle. The players also talk to the ref all the time without the refs overturning the decisions.

It’s impossible for a ref to see everything and they will make mistakes. It’s also possible that all 3 on field officials miss the same thing. That’s not their fault.

I just can’t relate our blokes not talking to the on field ref and the video ref getting the decision wrong. I certainly dont blame our players for that.

Yes the players put their hands up every tackle. The players also talk to the ref all the time without the refs overturning the decisions.

It’s impossible for a ref to see everything and they will make mistakes. It’s also possible that all 3 on field officials miss the same thing. That’s not their fault.

I just can’t relate our blokes not talking to the on field ref and the video ref getting the decision wrong. I certainly dont blame our players for that.
Put it this way, if our captain was Cameron Smith for example, he would have remonstrated to such a degree that they would have ordered a look at it. You don’t have to be rude, but you have to be confident the decision is incorrect.

Put it this way, if our captain was Cameron Smith for example, he would have remonstrated to such a degree that they would have ordered a look at it. You don’t have to be rude, but you have to be confident the decision is incorrect.
Yes I think Cameron Smith was the best at influencing on field refs and I also think refs subconsciously let a lot of borderline calls go because of who he was and who he played for.

You have included a hypothetical to back up your point that you can’t prove either way. Makes no difference to my opinion in this case regarding a video refs getting a decision wrong. Brooks cant shoulder any blame for that.

Sheens always had the philosophy of out scoring the opposition n the ref.not take a dive n squeal

Yes I think Cameron Smith was the best at influencing on field refs and I also think refs subconsciously let a lot of borderline calls go because of who he was and who he played for.

You have included a hypothetical to back up your point that you can’t prove either way. Makes no difference to my opinion in this case regarding a video refs getting a decision wrong. Brooks cant shoulder any blame for that.
2 old sayings for you that relate to this debate…
1. People who make shit happen, get shit done.
2. Nice guys finish last.

Reactions: BZN
2 old sayings for you that relate to this debate…
1. People who make shit happen, get shit done.
2. Nice guys finish last.
My point still stands no matter how much you muddy the waters with a conversation. The video ref mad a mistake which is not on the shoulders of the tigers players.

I have a saying too.

3. Never wrestle with a pig because you'll both get dirty and the pig likes it!

I don’t believe them.
The ref didn’t officially award the try with the instruction the bunker check the interaction with Brooks in the lead up. There was no video scrutiny from all different angles and in slow motion etc…it wasn’t considered.
There was no need to look at it.

Our mate Ziggy was on the sideline the other night and he would have tipped all concerned that there was no need to look at it, just like in the case of Luciano's try that wasn't looked at when he deemed that there was nothing to see.

Still can't believe how quickly they awarded that try, unbelievable incompetence.

I wonder if there’s more pressure on the officials to make quicker decisions and that’s why they’re missing so much. It’s very coincidental that the Bunker has been taking quick looks at tries or challenges, making a decision, then the ref has had to correct them and make them have further looks before changing their mind in the last few weeks

I don’t believe them.
The ref didn’t officially award the try with the instruction the bunker check the interaction with Brooks in the lead up. There was no video scrutiny from all different angles and in slow motion etc…it wasn’t considered.
The NRL and refs would say absolutely anything to suit their narrative. They are not to be trusted.

If you're talking the push in the Back....
Brooks did get up and appeal to the ref (Wouldn't have screamed at him - He's not Gutho or Moses)
but he certainly went to him om it....
The stupid thing is Annersley said that the bunker didn’t miss Brooks getting pushed in the back the officials seen it but didn’t act on it because Gee deemed it “innocuous” play on.

Reactions: BZN
The stupid thing is Annersley said that the bunker didn’t miss Brooks getting pushed in the back the officials seen it but didn’t act on it because Gee deemed it “innocuous” play on.
Annesley was quite clear in that the second Emre Guler extended the arms to push Brooks that was a foul and should have been no try and penalty to Tigers . Even the fox commentators didn't mention it but they were a Canberra cheer squad anyway

Latest posts

Back