TEAM LIST Round 16 vs. Storm

Team List
If you can play fb you can play in the halves rip in toa. Massive congrats on the young hooker for his debut!

It's an absolutely horrible side, further indication that Sheens is losing the plot.
Toa at 5/8? He's effectively a battering ram, how is he supposed to suddenly become a playmarker overnight? With only one, nsw cup quality, playmaker in the side it will be practically impossible for us to score too.
Even with Storm missing a few they'll absolutely smash us
Not even sure about Tallyn. He's played no more than 120 mins of flegg/nsw cup. Throwing him in against men seems a bit steep.

It's an absolutely horrible side, further indication that Sheens is losing the plot.
Toa at 5/8? He's effectively a battering ram, how is he supposed to suddenly become a playmarker overnight? With only one, nsw cup quality, playmaker in the side it will be practically impossible for us to score too.
Even with Storm missing a few they'll absolutely smash us
Not even sure about Tallyn. He's played no more than 120 mins of flegg/nsw cup. Throwing him in against men seems a bit steep.
I'm slightly concerned after seeing a foto of him.... He's the size of a boy.
I'm sure the brains trust know what they're doing he apparently handled reggies OK

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Will Smith, Tony Pellow, Zane Camroux have all had their chances to impress and have not. Even Dean Blore is getting a run now. I’d say To’a is probably the best choice for now.

The whole team is a bit young to really be a chance of a win this week. Hopefully they show some grit.

If Wakeham plays half as badly as he did on the weekend we might have a slim chance. Their squad doesnt look much better.

I reckon we're going to see Bateman combo in the halves more which hopefully translates to Toa having some big carries. I doubt the outside backs will see much ball, if we win it will through the middle.

Would like to see TT in the forward rotation. Im not a fan but he has produced some powerful runs and tackles in the past. Last chance to not be playing KOE Cup for Manly next year.

Very keen to see TDS. Considering we are no chance now for the 8 and its a under strength Strom, throw him in the deep. 20 min rotation with Simpkin.

I like Bateman as Captain but he can't do everything. Lot of pressure to perform and keep the talk up. Hopefully he smashes it.

call me crazy, but I love the side. same back three that has been a revelation in the last couple months, Star to get more touches which is only a good thing and a very strong starting pack. thankfully Melbourne's bench is arguably worse than ours so it isn't too much of a worry.

this game will come down to the halves. if Star can have a game like I think he can and Wakeham plays high percentage, we might come away with this one. will be a very interesting 80 minutes.
Yeh I can't write say love, but I hate it less than I expected to.

Looking at our bench and halves, I do however hate the club for being in this position haha

All the best to young TDS!! Hope he has a killer debut. Massive ask to debut so young in a vital position but hoping he does a job and enjoyable debut. I think toa will have a massive game in the 6 jersey with brooks injured and the season all but over he could find himself in that jersey a lot more which I think he will be up for the task.

Unfortunately possibly the best side available, although shows the lack of depth in the squad given our casualty list isn’t huge, but we released halves in the off season with limited backups. All the best to the young fellow making his debut

The team reeks of desperation especialy on the bench but unfortunately it just highlights the lack of depth we have.Congratulations to TDS getting a bench spot and while i have no problem with it i hope he is just bled into first grade slowly as i certainly don't want to see him getting crucified on the field as he is undoubtedly one of our best juniors for the future.
Bench lacks size and impact and i hope it is not reflected in the score

I like the side a lot. Toa will be a running 5/8 and I presume Wakeham will play old school halfback first receiver on both sides. I think he'll enjoy playing the dominant controlling half.

I like Bateman on the edge and felt he was lost in the middle but if this is a long-term move he'll need time to settle. Then it's exciting to see da Silva get a run and hopefully he goes so well he gets extended minutes because Simpkins isn't getting us anywhere.

Back