TEAM LIST Round 2 vs. Raiders

Team List
Crazy to think we still have a winning record of 23-19 H2H over the raiders …

Swear we’ve won maybe 1 of the past 10 games agains them

Bit of a rubbish day so far. Lets hope we stand up this evening.

My take on this game and the players is -

Backs
Bulla >Jordan Rapana
Albert Hopoate = Charlie Staines
Starford To'a < Matthew Timoko
Solomona Faataape < Sebastian Kris
Junior Tupou < Xavier Savage
Lachlan Galvin < Ethan Strange
Jayden Sullivan < Jamal Fogarty

Forwards

Stefano Utoikamanu = Josh Papalii
Apisai Koroisau > Danny Levi
David Klemmer < Joseph Tapine
Isaiah Papali'i = Hudson Young
John Bateman < Zac Hosking
Alex Seyfarth < Morgan Smithies

Interchange
Aidan Sezer = Tom Starling
Fonua Pole > Emre Guler
Alex Twal = Ata Mariota
Samuela Fainu > Pasami Saulo

Playing in Canberra is going to be difficult especially as they're off to a hot start. The crowd is loud, they have a better team, plus an experienced coach.

I think we will turn up in the first half, but then struggle in the second. Final score 38-18 to the Faders.

It wasn't the start to the year we wanted.
But amid the disappointment, there were some shining lights:

# Galvin - must be at short odds to partner Luai next season, even after one game (and remembering he's never played above u/19 level before - amazing!)

# Samuela Fainu - what a prospect, smooth in his action and tough to boot - great promise for a long career in the pigs.

# Bula and Pole - each getting better with the systems, and both will get better with their teammates manning up!

Backs
Bulla >Jordan Rapana

Forwards

Interchange
Fonua Pole > Emre Guler
Alex Twal = Ata Mariota

Playing in Canberra is going to be difficult especially as they're off to a hot start. The crowd is loud, they have a better team, plus an experienced coach.

I think we will turn up in the first half, but then struggle in the second. Final score 38-18 to the Faders.
Wow, what a great unbiased assessment BEFORE the game! No rose coloured glasses.
Turned out to be spot on. 20 points the difference, 32-12

Wow, what a great unbiased assessment BEFORE the game! No rose coloured glasses.
Turned out to be spot on. 20 points the difference, 32-12
Yeah it was a pretty good assessment but he made the cardinal sin most Wests Tigers fans are making lately…over rating our forward pack.
Papalii and Steph are equal…never ever will that be true.
Wrong on all backrower and lock assessments as well.
Great prediction on the score though and the way the game would play out.
He has been paying attention.

Yeah it was a pretty good assessment but he made the cardinal sin most Wests Tigers fans are making lately…over rating our forward pack.
Papalii and Steph are equal…never ever will that be true.
Wrong on all backrower and lock assessments as well.
Great prediction on the score though and the way the game would play out.
He has been paying attention.
On there best day my back row assessments were correct. Seyfarth is not a lock, and that's why I rated Smithies who is a pure lock ahead of him.

I'm not sure what Benji was thinking, because Alex was always going to get his pants pulled down.

Backs
Bulla >Jordan Rapana

Forwards

Interchange
Fonua Pole > Emre Guler
Alex Twal = Ata Mariota

I think Bulla still has a little way to go before his contribution exceeds what Rapana generally brings brings from week to week, but when you consider that Rapana is at the end of his career and Bulla is just starting, I would say that his opportunity for improvement is pretty good.

You did pretty well with the margin on the score board, I thought they might put 50 on us.

Our forwards seem to be picked on reputation. Where did we go wrong here?
If you look at the positives, Pole, Utoikamanu and Papali’i all looked strong as did Fainu particularly for someone still so young and inexperienced.
Twal as usual held his own and certainly didn’t let opponents get the better of him.
If we. Can just get Klemmer and Bateman to play their part and the same for Seyfarth or Kepaoa, we would all of a sudden have a decent forward pack as most of these same players showed for a good portion of last season.
The negative is we have next to no depth outside of these players, however Matamua played ok in a well beaten NSW Cup side, Tumeth has showed some good signs back in Jersey Flegg and Sukkar looks to be developing well also.
I really think we need to head hunt a good Exoerienced forward to sign as our 30th player and help with our forward depth.

Back