LIVE GAME Round 24 vs. Warriors

Live Game Discussion
I'm really p****d off & angry with the way this club, for far too long, has been handled
Quality players let go or moved on.
Dud coaching and management remains
Sheens & co. has had Laurie languishing in lower grades then tries him in the halves...and whadya know?!
Marshall was a pivot...if he is a potential coach, why didn't he see earlier Laurie as a possible 5/8?
Now we've let him go...so fkn typical of this club!!!

Brooks running along the 20m line a few minutes from from full time then passing it/facing backwards/then drifting backwards resulting in the forward pass call is all we need to know the decision for him to leave is the right one.... A decade of these failed clutch plays is a decade too long

Last edited:
Sheens

Overall performances have been good all year.

Thought we got tough calls, didn't want to go into it, will take it up with NRL
How about taking it up with the NRL in a public forum like the presser for God's sake, you're smart enough to make a convincing argument and run rings around these morons and probably get a lot of supporters from the lower teams on side as well

Cop a bloody fine because we can see it has reaped benefits for others, make the bastards think twice before they rule in favour of the other team.

For God's sake, if not for mine and all the other supporters out there that have have been copping this shit for way too long, make a bloody stand.

If Pascoes has sold as many hats as he claims and if we are in such a wonderful financial situation then treat the fine as a financial investment that will be repaid many times over with a bit of fairness going our way.

Probably need another petition to ram the message home.

Brooks running along the 20m line a few minutes from from full time then passing it/facing nackwards/then drifting backwards resulting in the forward pass call is all we need to know the decision for him to leave is the right one.... A decade of these failed clutch plays is a decade too long

That wasn’t an experienced 200 game vet play.
Add to it his kick out on the full and some of his midfield almost bombs and yesterday he was terrible for us

A few sets down on the try line and he touched the ball once if lucky not what you expect from a halfback in attacking field position.

I'm really p****d off & angry with the way this club, for far too long, has been handled
Quality players let go or moved on.
Dud coaching and management remains
Sheens & co. has had Laurie languishing in lower grades then tries him in the halves...and whadya know?!
Marshall was a pivot...if he is a potential coach, why didn't he see earlier Laurie as a possible 5/8?
Now we've let him go...so fkn typical of this club!!!
And Penrith too!!!!!
How stupid can you be? Cleary playing him as a fullback in reserve grade. Boy, some of these coaches are really brain dead.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Brooks running along the 20m line a few minutes from from full time then passing it/facing backwards/then drifting backwards resulting in the forward pass call is all we need to know the decision for him to leave is the right one.... A decade of these failed clutch plays is a decade too long
A decent halfback can pass both directions. The idiot had to face the other way in order to pass. Pissed me off and then he stands there like he's been dudded. Not something a seasoned 200+ game half back does.

There has no doubt been a few factors affecting our results this season including, a poor run with key player injuries and the inability for us to play our best 17 for any consistent periods. This was exacerbated by our general lack of depth, and especially in the halves. We have also consistently been on the wrong side of officiating decisions for sure. Also Club management has been poor, with board decisions creating division and distractions.
However, these things aside. Simply watching a team like the Warriors against us, there is a glaring difference between the way they played the game and the way we play. They played with aggression and intent in both A and D. They have good line speed and work hard to dominate the tackle. When they have the ball there is movement, pushing up and support from the players around the ball, not just one out plays. They are continually forcing the D to make decisions and ball players have multiple options. They run on to the ball hard and their attack comes in waves which gets them big metres and field position. We, on the other hand are mostly sending obvious one out runners up who get dominated by multiple defenders while the support stands and watches. This lack of “imagination” or questioning the opposition means we rarely gain momentum, and are on the back foot. When we do gather momentum we can put together a few tries and get on top.
Effort from our guys is there but we are still a footballing level below the top teams. Roster is a key factor but coaching has to be a part of it as well.

There has no doubt been a few factors affecting our results this season including, a poor run with key player injuries and the inability for us to play our best 17 for any consistent periods. This was exacerbated by our general lack of depth, and especially in the halves. We have also consistently been on the wrong side of officiating decisions for sure. Also Club management has been poor, with board decisions creating division and distractions.
However, these things aside. Simply watching a team like the Warriors against us, there is a glaring difference between the way they played the game and the way we play. They played with aggression and intent in both A and D. They have good line speed and work hard to dominate the tackle. When they have the ball there is movement, pushing up and support from the players around the ball, not just one out plays. They are continually forcing the D to make decisions and ball players have multiple options. They run on to the ball hard and their attack comes in waves which gets them big metres and field position. We, on the other hand are mostly sending obvious one out runners up who get dominated by multiple defenders while the support stands and watches. This lack of “imagination” or questioning the opposition means we rarely gain momentum, and are on the back foot. When we do gather momentum we can put together a few tries and get on top.
Effort from our guys is there but we are still a footballing level below the top teams. Roster is a key factor but coaching has to be a part of it as well.
Definitely correct on all points but this is the 476th post about the same topic.
No answer so far coz no one on the Board has the balls to address the key issues.

How about taking it up with the NRL in a public forum like the presser for God's sake, you're smart enough to make a convincing argument and run rings around these morons and probably get a lot of supporters from the lower teams on side as well

Cop a bloody fine because we can see it has reaped benefits for others, make the bastards think twice before they rule in favour of the other team.

For God's sake, if not for mine and all the other supporters out there that have have been copping this shit for way too long, make a bloody stand.

If Pascoes has sold as many hats as he claims and if we are in such a wonderful financial situation then treat the fine as a financial investment that will be repaid many times over with a bit of fairness going our way.

Probably need another petition to ram the message home.
Hank, with the greatest of respect to your knowledge and input, imho petitions/pressers will not be used as a basis for solving our problems.
Not wanting to be too negative but I think things will continue to just get worse and worse until urgent remedial action required.
I know, not what we want to see but fear that’s what’s looming.
Whilst I fervently hate that scenario, remedial action could also well involve relocation !

And Penrith too!!!!!
How stupid can you be? Cleary playing him as a fullback in reserve grade. Boy, some of these coaches are really brain dead.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
I thought from day dot Laurie should be tried in the halves.
I couldn't understand why it didn't happen before
Douhie wasn't good there, so you'd think they'd keep trying other options...like Laurie
I know there are a few on here don't think much of him, but I liked him from the getgo. I've always thought he was one of Tiges better buys....always tries & is always trying something different, nippy, quick off the mark, can get over ad line
If he'd been treated better I reckon would have been one of Tiges best.

Warriors have a quality half back

I thought from day dot Laurie should be tried in the halves.
I couldn't understand why it didn't happen before
Douhie wasn't good there, so you'd think they'd keep trying other options...like Laurie
I know there are a few on here don't think much of him, but I liked him from the getgo. I've always thought he was one of Tiges better buys....always tries & is always trying something different, nippy, quick off the mark, can get over ad line
If he'd been treated better I reckon would have been one of Tiges best.
Agree with your sentiments, I was pushing the barrow for him at 5/8 much earlier in the year. I actually identified him as having a breakout season.
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, it didn’t eventuate but I’m amazed they’ve just let him go. Maybe there are “behind the scenes issues” but we were just too quick to act.
I thought he was a keeper but what would I know compared to the brains trust !

Agree with your sentiments, I was pushing the barrow for him at 5/8 much earlier in the year. I actually identified him as having a breakout season.
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, it didn’t eventuate but I’m amazed they’ve just let him go. Maybe there are “behind the scenes issues” but we were just too quick to act.
I thought he was a keeper but what would I know compared to the brains trust !
I would not be surprised if it was Laurie who initiated the move, the way the Tigers have treated have treated him has been pretty crappy.

Well said.
I finished that game feeling like we can ‘compete’ with some of the top teams, but I couldn’t help but feel we were fighting tooth and nail just to keep the pace especially in D, although we defended our line very well in that game; All our tackles looked like last ditch desperate effort when made, when the shoe was on the other foot were simply just being lined up and pretty much flattened (though I think a lot of it has to do with the warriors forwards running with a loose forearm into the tackler. Until our forwards are on top of the contest we will still loose these matches more often than not. However there is signs and a lot of room for growth.

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Back