LIVE GAME Round 24 vs. Warriors

Live Game Discussion
With Laurie going back to the panthers , let’s be real he will only be a nsw cup player , and a fill in for injuries and SOO games , could we say to him , listen we were wrong stay and the 5/8 role is urs and thus is what we are willing to pay , could he pull out of signing with the panthers

I thought from day dot Laurie should be tried in the halves.
I couldn't understand why it didn't happen before
Douhie wasn't good there, so you'd think they'd keep trying other options...like Laurie
I know there are a few on here don't think much of him, but I liked him from the getgo. I've always thought he was one of Tiges better buys....always tries & is always trying something different, nippy, quick off the mark, can get over ad line
If he'd been treated better I reckon would have been one of Tiges best.
I think the club had decided they’d seen enough of Laurie after he started kicking stones when his request for a big pay rise was rejected.
It’s an all too often scenario at WT..the club has this skill they’ve been working on, designed to take the wind out of players’ sails.
I suppose we should be grateful that they no longer play it out in the media. The Alioio mowing LO has now progressed to him delighting in scoring tries against us. It will be no different with Brooks.

It’s Monday and the NRL are going to trot out a report on our game
1) Ref penalised Tiger to many times close to Warriors line
2) Brooks Pass not forward
3) Klemmer never lost the ball, it was a gee up by ref
4) Brooks tackle was not high
5) Warrior high tackle should have been Penalty to tigers and sin bin , but ref doesn’t like tigers , proved this before against cowboys , sorry
6) Fanua Blake lead with arm k, Should’ve been tigers penalty and on report , but again ref doesn’t like you lot , sorry
7) unless you move to Perth we ant gonna let you win games if we can help it , Ref is in the other team each week. 😁

With Laurie going back to the panthers , let’s be real he will only be a nsw cup player , and a fill in for injuries and SOO games , could we say to him , listen we were wrong stay and the 5/8 role is urs and thus is what we are willing to pay , could he pull out of signing with the panthers
The impression I get with him is that he never really pulled out of the Panthers.

I think ur right , but a starting spot at 5/8 and much more money 🤔

Exactly. If you offered him a decent contract and gave him more chances in the top grade he'd love the club. Blore has stated he wants to be here and he has been treated pretty similarly to Laurie.

The one thing I have against Laurie is that he doesn't seem to keep his head up. He seems a bit too emotional and starts kicking stones. I also think he goes real hard.

You could have given him a cheap contract as well. It's a dumb decision letting him go.

I just wonder now that with Daine Laurie going back to the Panthers where that leaves Brent Naden.

When Brent Naden was first announced as coming here I heard that Daine Laurie was really excited because they were really good mates, but now with Daine Laurie leaving does that now leave us with Brent Naden wanting out or just seeing out his contract here kicking stones for the next 2 seasons.

Sheens your judgement sucks as you finally get a half's combination starting to work but you are letting them go . You have some hard working forwards but please stop them killing a backline spread by taking the 4th and 5th tackle with useless crash plays .Have you noticed the ball never gets to the edges .Check the Sharks and the Knights who spread it fast and wide .
Finally your fans are fed up with getting a raw deal from the officials say something make a headline instead of just whispering you have a quiet talk with Annessley .Get angry or nothing will change !

I would like to think this could be done, alas I don't think the Panthers will come to the party. I wonder what he is getting paid at Penrith next year? If it is a paltry sum, maybe they would let him stay here and collect a better paycheck? Don't think so in reality.

Its not rocket science. The recruitment committee and 1 to 17 selectors need to be blown up.

They have failed to pick a ball playing 13 all season

Failed to pick a damaging forward in the squad all together

Their team selections are questionable at best and rarely show the right accountability. Look how storm bench Grant last week and come to the game on fire.

The teams defence needs to blown up and too passive and ineffective.

The teams offence not much better.

Too many errors.

The team is going nowhere fast unless people look themselves in the mirror and remove themself. Place competent people in roles. Going no where fast.

They have failed to pick a ball playing 13 all season

Other teams can get away with this though. They do need to get the balance of the pack right

Failed to pick a damaging forward in the squad all together

I think Stef and Klemmer can both be damaging. I think Pole is probably our most damaging forward but he isn't really that impact forward either.

Blore and Twal have actually done a decent job of having some impact at times throughout the season.

We probably need a guy who can come in and rip and tear and that means moving on some forwards.

Their team selections are questionable at best and rarely show the right accountability. Look how storm bench Grant last week and come to the game on fire.

The teams defence needs to blown up and too passive and ineffective.

The teams offence not much better.

Too many errors.

The team is going nowhere fast unless people look themselves in the mirror and remove themself. Place competent people in roles. Going no where fast.

We haven't shown any tactical genius have we.

I don't think people need to be sacked necessarily but they certainly need to look at themselves. A classic one is getting the halves right much earlier in the season.

I'm hopeful they've learnt a lot this year and get it right earlier next season. They need to get the balance of the pack right but after that it's going to be hard.

We have unproven NRL halves next year. Sullivan and Sezer have played NRL but they definitely haven't proved they are up to it now. Fainu is a real promising player but he has to prove himself in the NRL.

Our best outside backs are not great and Feledy is the only dev player to come in. Bula is still learning the game. We are going to be dependent on Tupou and To'a.

If we are going to improve I think we need the following to occur:-

1. Stef, Klemmer, IP and Bateman to play to their best consistently.
2. To'a and Tupou to take a step up and establish themselves as quality NRL outside backs.
3. Sullivan and Fainu to come in and prove they can be NRL star halves.
4. Luck with injuries.
5. The coaching staff to get it right much more than what they did this year.

I honestly can't see big improvements next year but I think there is something to work with.

Latest posts

Back