LIVE GAME Round 26 vs. Roosters

Live Game Discussion
Don't know what more Api could have done. Team was poor, he wasn't. He literally had his halves running into him when he had the ball while no one was running onto the ball and his halves completely disappeared when in the attacking zone.

Surely we're able to appreciate decent players in losing teams by now.
Can't understand what some people see in Bateman too slow not big enough for backrow and does too much stupid stuff

Actually, I’ve got a radical idea. Let’s play 2 good halves( error free) of footy on the one night !
I know it’s drastic, and virtually impossible, but gee it would be enjoyable to watch.
Ok, I’m going to find my medication and sleep !

I have diligently been taking glasses of my preferred medication and if the doctor is not happy about it tough luck.

After Jofa winning the trophy last year, nobody wants it in 23, the poisoned chalice.
But there’s lots of other good awards on offer, dumbest play, most errors, missed tackles, fastest player ( it’s between Nofa, Wakeham and Smith ) and so much more !!!

You forgot the 300 passes award that Tim gives out personally

Honestly thought it was a great 1st half
2nd a disaster… our halves hopeless, won’t shed any tears with their departure. Reilly solid thou

The first 25 minutes was fine but even before half time we were going nowhere with zero attack and panic plays by our edge forwards and centers which then spread to the wingers

Once again I saw effort and intent from most players. However we simply have nothing in A. We played better in the first half but a couple of mistakes in D led to soft tries, at the same time our inability to ask any questions with our pedestrian attack, means that we apply no real pressure. The Roosters were very poor really and still scored 32 points.
I have never seen so many players standing and watching the guy with the ball. No one is moving, no depth in attack, no imagination, no plays to put on- just really lame attack.

Obviously our halves this year have been abysmal, other than one or two performances from Brooks or Laurie. But I really think we have to look at the coaching as well. Where are the forwards running lines, where is the depth in attack, why don't the halves go into the line, where are the players in motion? There seems to be no shape or pattern whatsoever. I hope Morris can help.

Obviously our halves this year have been abysmal, other than one or two performances from Brooks or Laurie. But I really think we have to look at the coaching as well. Where are the forwards running lines, where is the depth in attack, why don't the halves go into the line, where are the players in motion? There seems to be no shape or pattern whatsoever. I hope Morris can help.
That’s how I see it too, the coaching has been very poor since we sacked Madge, not that it was exemplary in his time but just slightly better.
The possible reason for this is the number of changes to the team, the constant rebuilding and positional changes.
At times Nofa, Brooks, Api have been very animated giving instructions for teammates to take a specific onfield position or action. What is needed is that stability and continuity of the same players in the same positions doing the same drills which will produce that harmonic motion to a point that a nod and a wink is sufficient.

Benji ? Do you seriously come up with the play on 4th or 5th tackle of giving it to Klemmer or another forward and tell them to try and barge over ? Well it's so lame for a start klemmer actually turns his back and braces for impact with no intention to pass . Blore tried it twice on the one set .
Our right winger as usual received zero passes and finally tried to intercept roosters passes which totally failed
Our left winger got a few passes as we mostly go left but the one time he got put into space he kicked rather than run hard and take the tackle with tackles up our sleeve .
Our attack involved many players trying to score with a solo effort .That's how the kids play
Benji - Is that how you are coaching them ?

Once again I saw effort and intent from most players. However we simply have nothing in A. We played better in the first half but a couple of mistakes in D led to soft tries, at the same time our inability to ask any questions with our pedestrian attack, means that we apply no real pressure. The Roosters were very poor really and still scored 32 points.
I have never seen so many players standing and watching the guy with the ball. No one is moving, no depth in attack, no imagination, no plays to put on- just really lame attack.
For any soccer/EPL fans they often call it a lack of quality in the final third. I’ve never seen an NRL team where it’s as abundant as us.

Those clubs don’t blame the manager constantly though they go out and get the right deals done.

Yeah they all dominated the NRL this year, what could go wrong 😬
From a recruitment point of view, they tried and failed to sign players already dominant in the NRL, so what other option do they have other than to recruit young up and coming potential stars or players slipping under the radar in the UK Super League or NSW Cup/Qld Cup.

Can't understand what some people see in Bateman too slow not big enough for backrow and does too much stupid stuff

He started off well and he does some good stuff but he comes at a large cost and hasn't lived up to his pay packet. You can't get these signings wrong so I hope he improves or leaves early.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back