LIVE GAME Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
We really need someone to replace him now, what's the point of persevering with him.

Anything good that he does gets nullified more often than not by his poor ball security
Naden or To’a straight swap

Just anyone who can convert those line breaks into points…

Even after on a couple of games, Galvin missing last night really stood out , BUD is not the answer and LATU needs more time after missing the preseason. Our attack was why down , but our defence was well below the required standard.
But next week will really test us with Galvin still out , no Bateman, no Samuel , our forward stocks are not great , this is one area we really needed to address , can see us getting a hiding against a monster dragon pack , hope I am wrong

We really need someone to replace him now, what's the point of persevering with him.

Anything good that he does gets nullified more often than not by his poor ball security
I'd put my house on it every week if there was a betting market for it. Just like Bryce Gibbs was good for a dumb penalty every week and Rowdy was a guarantee to drop at least one ball a game, Tupou is exactly the same. Dropped ball or dumb mistake every damn week, put your house on it.

Last edited:
I agree he tried hard and was dangerous when running the ball.
He’s got a bad habit of clocking off defensively, where Galvin in comparison works extra hard to cover for his outside defenders when the ball goes past him.
I agree with the clocking off comment however tonight our defence at marker was abysmal. If we’re tighter tonight we win in my opinion.

Mute the commentary and just watch Twal.

Which is all well and fine, but that wasn't the ruling.

He ultimately decided to overlook the marker situation. Instead ruling that Api knocked on and that was clearly wrong as it was played at.

At the ruck in D was an area we used to have regular problems, whether it was losing the tackle, not slowing the ptb enough or not getting up quickly and getting to marker properly. In recent weeks our effort and enthusiasm in D was fixing this issue, but it resurfaced again yesterday and was obvious in many breaks and a couple of their tries. It is an extremely important area of the game and contributes to the opposition gaining metres up the middle and rolling through you with momentum that’s hard to stop.

At the ruck in D was an area we used to have regular problems, whether it was losing the tackle, not slowing the ptb enough or not getting up quickly and getting to marker properly. In recent weeks our effort and enthusiasm in D was fixing this issue, but it resurfaced again yesterday and was obvious in many breaks and a couple of their tries. It is an extremely important area of the game and contributes to the opposition gaining metres up the middle and rolling through you with momentum that’s hard to stop.
One try the Dolphins player just ran right passed Papalii while he was getting back and all he did was clutch at air like he didn't want to give away the penalty.

He ultimately decided to overlook the marker situation. Instead ruling that Api knocked on and that was clearly wrong as it was played at.
Twal interferes with Nikorima not the other guy but even still its a one on one strip which is knocked on buy the Dolphins player so either penalty Phins or 6 again play on.

Sutton is either a cheat ( I don’t think he is) , or he’s really bad around the markers and his judgement is often head scratching .
That wasn’t even the worse one . The worse one was the Try where Ice was called offside after standing at marker by himself and retreating after the play the ball . Called him off side , created indecision in ice , and by the time ice realised “shit I have to give away a penalty here , the player was through and setting up the match winning try .
Absolute bullshit fudgery from Sutton . He should just stfu and let the player make the mistake .
I’m glad we are slowly going away from the Sutton family mafia that caused everyone to hate the game 3-5 years ago.
He’s the last of the mohicans . Him and Ashley Klein .
If either of them ever played a game of footy in thier life before becoming refs , it would colour me shocked as too thier inability to understand the flow of a game .

Sutton is either a cheat ( I don’t think he is) , or he’s really bad around the markers and his judgement is often head scratching .
That wasn’t even the worse one . The worse one was the Try where Ice was called offside after standing at marker by himself and retreating after the play the ball . Called him off side , created indecision in ice , and by the time ice realised “shit I have to give away a penalty here , the player was through and setting up the match winning try .
Absolute bullshit fudgery from Sutton . He should just stfu and let the player make the mistake .
I’m glad we are slowly going away from the Sutton family mafia that caused everyone to hate the game 3-5 years ago.
He’s the last of the mohicans . Him and Ashley Klein .
If either of them ever played a game of footy in thier life before becoming refs , it would colour me shocked as too thier inability to understand the flow of a game .

I noticed there was some real anger directed towards Belinda, the female ref - she did the Knights game.

Watched some highlighted footage and it appears she couldn't keep up with the players.

I've noticed the Elon Musk look alike ref is quite slow too.

Might be time to restructure and get some fresh employees on deck.

Terrible start we got blown off the park!

But with a bit of luck we still could have won that!!

Ive seen a million passes like the one Bula gave not called forward ,which would have kept us right in it,Big Stef dropped the pill with the line wide open and the Sutton no penalty and no strip when we had momentum with Api absolutely killed us.

Big ups to Stef who is really kicking some arse,Staines who is our best winger by a mile and Seyfarth for at least getting angry and in faces!!

On the downside our backrow is on the nose!! Where is the Bateman we bought i dont like this no frills knock off and same of Ice so dissapointing and have been for a while and that missed tackle up the middle that led to a try had some of the lowest arm grabbing from Pole and JB Ive ever seen.

Considering in days of yore we would have lost that by 30 i should be happy ish but this side needs tweaking and a kick up the arse for being out enthused in the first half!

He played at the arm and ball with an impact force (sorry can't think of a better description) not a "stripping motion" which is the edict set by the Nrl for a strip to be ruled.

Reactions: BZN

Staff online

Back