LIVE GAME Round 6 vs. Dragons

Live Game Discussion
First game I watched this season. Felt like nothing has changed from last year.
Some of the names have changed. That’s about it though, we’re still getting bashed in the middle and still have no harmonic motion in the backline. Getting belted in the middle and outclassed out wide by a fellow spoon favourite sure did wake up Klem (Latrell style) 😂

Papalli made 48 tackles. Who makes them if he doesn't?! Its the same as people who have been bagging Bateman. He would have been in Hunts face all day. In attack neither of them are standouts but there is no one who we can bring in to play 80 and manage the workload.
I agree, Bateman would of had Hunt looking over his shoulder all day, Bateman might give away a penalty or two but he keeps the opposition second guessing.

The sooner we move Papalii to the middle rotation the better, I’ve said numerous times even he doesn’t think edge forward is his position.
Ive been saying for over a year, all teams have either a big mobile edge backrower or a mobile backrower with tryscoring ability, we do not. Also watching other games our attack looks ordinary, even the games we have won (2)

We missed Bateman and his aggression , and as some have said Hunt would have been shitting all game look to see where Johnny is coming from to smash him , Galvin was also missed as Bud is just no up to first grade , his head is not in it for me , we also need another big winger / Centre , like Lomax , and a big body with aggressive play SuA type , we also need to wrap the player with ball up , they kept unloading all game when we had 2 and 3 on them , it’s like our guys are weaker than them , we need to stop them no second runs from a 1/2 tackled player

Ive been saying for over a year, all teams have either a big mobile edge backrower or a mobile backrower with tryscoring ability, we do not. Also watching other games our attack looks ordinary, even the games we have won (2)

one of the games they won they only scored 17 points … that won’t happen very often

they just don’t have enough points in them this year …

might have to be satisfied with working on the defence this year and come up with getting an established winger and centre into the club for next year to help their attack

Reactions: BZN
We defended ok and if you look at stats our errors and missed tackles were not as bad them. More tackle breaks and run meters. Ball in hand we were woeful - had enough opportunity. On the backend of the penalty count - so much for home ground advantage. The difference between the two teams was two quality players - re Hunt kicking game and Lomax. Lomax is playing as good as any outside back in the comp. A huge gain for Parra and big loss for St George on current form.

Lomax is playing as good as any outside back in the comp. A huge gain for Parra and big loss for St George on current form.
Lomaz has proved to be an amazing winger. But in his preferred position at centre, my main memory of him is throwing at least one irresponsible no-look pass over the touchline per game. I hope he keeps doing that when he plays centre for the Eels next year :)

• Haha
We need Sua.
Move Papallii to bench prop.

Solves a few problems.
100% mate that would be a great pick up , Pappi off the bench would be solid , I think he made 40 tackles yesterday and was solid , can imagine him with say 15 / 20 minutes less work in a game , can come on for both prop or back rowers , SuA should be a target and offer what it takes to get him hear , release Bud and a couple more and grab another centre / Winger with size

My take is that the Tigers only have a few hard, grinding desperate wins in them each season - and we have used 2 already this year. It seems like after a tough win that most of the team go to training the next week bruised and sore and mentally decide that they need a week or two off to recover.

Same with there second try to Bird. A late offload that never should have happened.
Pole switched off, A basic technique that for some reason some of our players forget about.
I think the same issue lead to their last try too. It infuriates me when I see three in a tackle an nobody thinks “I better wrap the ball up”

Are we not watching any other NRL games played each weekend ?
Over 50% of each teams line breaks and tries have a major contribution from their teams edge forwards.
Our edge forwards are a major part of our problem in why we look so one dimensional in attack.
Kepaoa for all his deficiencies at least has the size and speed to worry the opposing defence on our left edge.
Bateman to right edge and Papali’i to 13.

Papa style week in week out is more like a prop than a 13 & he doesn’t have the ball playing left/right, right/left skills needed as a link man. Bateman workrate/ball skills are probably the best 13 we have at the club.

Issue is who covers the backrow for them as we have less than limited options.

Do Agree it’s an area of weakness for us but also think our attacking formations is counter to the attacking line running backrower option which until we get stability in the halves doubt it improves.

Our attack structure is very straight forward and lacks depth & deception most times. It's mostly based on number counting.

We are playing a very direct basic muscle style game - Api role is to lead the forwards to bring the defensive line infield which backfires against the 2 more noted tough forward packs Raiders & Dragons.

It looks like Sezer is regularly counting numbers before he shifts wider to Galvin/Bula/Olam based on Api compressing the forward line. They rarely attack down the right instead use the flat forward run on the line to good effect. Again numbering up.

It’s rare our wingers get the ball outside of kick returns during games & have scored 0 tries in 5 games, which says alot with our formations atm.

We are the only team in which our wingers haven’t scored a try.

We have a few issues which a loss against Raiders and Dragons really highlights.

If Stefano leaves we are stuffed.

I wasn't that surprised by the result but disappointed. I think they tried but the same issues exist. We get in a position to compete but can't convert with the ball. Galvins addition this year was an unexpected positive that addressed it somewhat. Whether he is able to maintain that when teams start targeting him I don't know. But we missed him yesterday.

We simply don’t have enough strike on the right side. Will be much better next week with Naden in for Faatape and Galvin for bud. Unfortunately we’re not really in a position to get rid of Staines yet. However, when doehi is back, he’ll slot back into centre with naden pushed to the wing. That backline will then have some more threat

I travelled from the Inner West to Campbelltown yesterday, I reckon the last 10 games ive been at CSS we have lost all of them...The team had everything to play for....win over the Campbelltown crowd; sikence trhe doubters that we are an improved team; win over Richo...They lost all that opportunity and more....disappointing result..

My take is that the Tigers only have a few hard, grinding desperate wins in them each season - and we have used 2 already this year. It seems like after a tough win that most of the team go to training the next week bruised and sore and mentally decide that they need a week or two off to recover.

The Tigers are smaller than their opponents each week across the park but particularly in the wingers and centers …. you might get the occasional win like they showed against the Sharks …. but it’s not a way that this particular squad is going to win week in and week out …Luia is an important piece to come next year … but I hope there are a few more to add so they can show a real improvement next year and be a Top 8 chance … this is not the reality this year

Last edited:
Made the hike up to Cambo today fully expecting to get beaten, probably just my negative nature. What I did not expect was a totally lame performance. There was zero to take out of this game, the Dragons were there for the taking and we lacked intensity, we lacked direction, we lacked skill and passion. We looked slow and clueless with the ball. Absolute waste of time, money and effort making the trek.

The grind has come early this year and we have rolled over again. Sadly it’s not the coaching, we have a B grade roster that needs a major overhaul
B grade roster???? Not in the forwards at least. And appreciate you and your family/friends making the trek yesterday. Its people like yourself that are the backbone of the club. Thank you SC.

B grade roster???? Not in the forwards at least. And appreciate you and your family/friends making the trek yesterday. Its people like yourself that are the backbone of the club. Thank you SC.
Were 5 games in and our forward pack has featured Twal, Seyfarth, Kepaoa and Matamua. I don't think any of these guy would have had a start in any other team except probably the Dogs. I think calling that pack B grade is generous.

Latest posts

Back