LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just don’t have any X Factor in our backline… someone that can break the game open for us & until we get one we’re going to struggle scoring points.
Ideally the main point of X factor is meant the come from your fullback.
Likewise every other NRL team has much more x-factor from their edge forwards.
Until we address these issues the poor results will not change.

Last edited:
Maybe but we didn’t even look like icing then.
We still have supporters praising Bateman and Bula, they threw more passes over the sideline than they did to their own team mates.
I get it.
It’s bloody frustrating. I agree with most comments about needing better backs. It looks like we still have a team that isn’t used to playing together. I just think that we’re closer than we think.
I think someone said earlier that having a dig won’t get us points which is true. But without that effort you get nothing. I’ve been hanging out to see some effort for the past 3 or 4 seasons and I reckon we’re getting it this year for the most part.
If we can somehow start to connect a bit better and take those chances we’re currently bombing we’re gonna win a few games.
Big question is how do we get there.

Ideally the main point of X factor is meant the come from your fullback.
Likewise every other NRL team has much more x-factor from their edge forwards.
Until we address these issues the poor results will not change.
So you want to replace Bula ? haha ok bro

Mate, opinions change like the wind. In February Seyfarth was being talked up, a couple weeks into the year he got turned on, now he’s back to being talked up as the best benchie in the comp. I guarantee Galvin will get the knives too at some point.

It’s posts like this why I have no doubt Galvin will be shat on at some point. Who would ever have thought Bula would be copping it.
Like it or not the fullback is your most influential attacking player, therefore is a large part of the blame when the team he’s in struggles to score tries.

Reactions: BZN
He’s been on the Bula hate train for awhile. He’s still the best option we have for fullback currently. Don’t think anyone coming through our juniors could take his spot at 1.

If he stops being the 17th best fullback in the NRL I’ll have no need to point it out.
Every fullback in the game learns their trade...Bula is still learning his in the toughest arena in the world and you are bagging him...come on mate give the guy a chance,even Tedesco,Turbo and co had to learn theirs..
Bula is on his way to becoming a star fullback...all you need mate is patience and some sense...

Every fullback in the game learns their trade...Bula is still learning his in the toughest arena in the world and you are bagging him...come on mate give the guy a chance,even Tedesco,Turbo and co had to learn theirs..
Bula is on his way to becoming a star fullback...all you need mate is patience and some sense...
Bula won’t hit the big mark until he’s got at least 50 games under his belt. We just have to be patient as you said.

If he stops being the 17th best fullback in the NRL I’ll have no need to point it out.
For someone that advocates junior development as strongly as you do I dont see what your beef with him is.
Hes played approx 2 dozen games I think...still in infancy when it comes to Jnr Dev...hes an excitement machine on his day, can save tries like anything and for one so young hes gunna have plenty of ups and down especially in a squad like ours where the rest of the spine is changing from week to week

If we get some outside backs that can break a line and bust a tackle, can put his equally quick winger away with pure speed and footwork then maybe we can get somewhere
As it stand I often see balls spread wide for 2 or 3 players to be running at 45 degrees to the sideline and none even have an idea maybe one should cut back inside rather then them all run themselves outta room

Speed...footwork....eyes up and something between the ears...strength
Thats what we need out wide

For someone that advocates junior development as strongly as you do I dont see what your beef with him is.
Hes played approx 2 dozen games I think...still in infancy when it comes to Jnr Dev...hes an excitement machine on his day, can save tries like anything and for one so young hes gunna have plenty of ups and down especially in a squad like ours where the rest of the spine is changing from week to week

If we get some outside backs that can break a line and bust a tackle, can put his equally quick winger away with pure speed and footwork then maybe we can get somewhere
As it stand I often see balls spread wide for 2 or 3 players to be running at 45 degrees to the sideline and none even have an idea maybe one should cut back inside rather then them all run themselves outta room

Speed...footwork....eyes up and something between the ears...strength
Thats what we need out wide
Think today makes 23 so he hasn’t even played 50% yet of hitting 50 first grade games. Wasn’t his best performance but certainly not his worst. We do have to fix the outside back situation, but once we do the whole backline should improve even Bula.

Think today makes 23 so he hasn’t even played 50% yet of hitting 50 first grade games. Wasn’t his best performance but certainly not his worst. We do have to fix the outside back situation, but once we do the whole backline should improve even Bula.
Actually thought we controlled there star FB pretty well too. Both he and Bula both ran over 200 metres with similar post contact metres Bula slightly more in both. Don't get the negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back