LIVE GAME Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Live Game Discussion
I’m normally on his side too but how he can defend that officiating today is beyond me seriously the integrity of the game should be brought into question after that display
Is he defending the officiating WSB? Or is he simply refusing to blame the referee for the loss?
I agree with everyone about the standard of refereeing (including the bunker) across the NRL. I also agree that Badger was poor today.
If we want to become a regular finals team like Roosters, Storm,etc, we need to rise above challenges. I don't think we win today regardless of who the ref was.
We can jag a few upset wins, but apart from that we're just not good enough.

We have overdone it with the 18 year olds. It might pay dividends in 2026 but we are not a competitive team and the best young players won’t stay unless we improve.

The bulldogs have recruited lots of NRL players while we have about 6 18 year olds and most of them are 1-2 years away.

Big decision for Benji this week. Sezer will be suspended, so he has to decide to bring Sullivan who has been average in NSW Cup or play two 18 year olds in the halves.

Simpkin played well. No nonsense first grader there - would like to see him play some more games off the bench to give Api a rest though understand the logic of having Latu at 14.

Tonight showed even with the growth of our young forwards, we really are another starter short (at a minimum). Would love to see a back rower so Bateman can go to bench and Papali’i can move into the middle rotation. Next year I think Pole should be ready to move into the starting front row too (hopefully!) as Klemmer really needs to move to the bench.

Samuela Fainu seems to have found his place on the edge which surprised me - thought he was a middle. Good young player.
Maybe time to try Latu as a starting half & Sezer on bench to spell Api?

I just want a fair go - and we never get that. Yes, most weeks we are average, but it's compounded by some absolute rubbish luck (in both refereeing decisions and bounce of the ball).

Need to handle momentum swings a lot better to be able to overcome crap out of our control.

Side node: Still blows my mind that Pole is only 21 - wish we could surround him with some decent experienced forwards to help his development.

Well let's see where Kasey Badger is next week....probably reffing our game again !
She will be our achilles heel going forward. We need all the help we can get. We're not like the Broncos or Storm who have Ashley Klein on their payroll

I just want a fair go - and we never get that. Yes, most weeks we are average, but it's compounded by some absolute rubbish luck (in both refereeing decisions and bounce of the ball).

Need to handle momentum swings a lot better to be able to overcome crap out of our control.

Side node: Still blows my mind that Pole is only 21 - wish we could surround him with some decent experienced forwards to help his development.
Has a lot of games under his belt for a 21 year old too. One of my favourite players.

Is he defending the officiating WSB? Or is he simply refusing to blame the referee for the loss?
I agree with everyone about the standard of refereeing (including the bunker) across the NRL. I also agree that Badger was poor today.
If we want to become a regular finals team like Roosters, Storm,etc, we need to rise above challenges. I don't think we win today regardless of who the ref was.
We can jag a few upset wins, but apart from that we're just not good enough.
Ur right u should win on ur own merits , but if ur a team that isn’t as good as other teams and u continue week in week out to get shafted by bad refs and poor bunker calls , no team can over come that

There's is only room for one of Twal or Seyfarth in this team.

At least Seyfarth is all effort and can ball play a bit, Twal is plodding more than ever and he just looks like he doesn't have a clue.
I’ve never seen him run so sideways and because he’s a plodder he gets smashed and pushed backwards ruining our set.

Simpkin played well. No nonsense first grader there - would like to see him play some more games off the bench to give Api a rest though understand the logic of having Latu at 14.

Tonight showed even with the growth of our young forwards, we really are another starter short (at a minimum). Would love to see a back rower so Bateman can go to bench and Papali’i can move into the middle rotation. Next year I think Pole should be ready to move into the starting front row too (hopefully!) as Klemmer really needs to move to the bench.

Samuela Fainu seems to have found his place on the edge which surprised me - thought he was a middle. Good young player.

Agree. My biggest gripe with him is his lack of a
kicking game short or long...Samuela has been A+

Latest posts

Staff online

Back