Royce interviewed for St Helens coaching gig

G

This week's RLW reports that Royce has flown to England this week to interview for the coaching job at St Helens. If successful he'll be out of here next year.

@willow said:
This week's RLW reports that Royce has flown to England this week to interview for the coaching job at St Helens. If successful he'll be out of here next year.

For Royce sake, it would be good to see him have another chance to coach a first grade team.
he has too look after his future as well.
if he is successful and does get the job, then good on him, and wish him all the best.

Good luck Roycey. _Position Vacant: Second Assistant Coach Role for 2011_, assuming Gentle will become Sheens' 2IC

He doesnt need an interview just give him the job St Helens

I read on another thread that Simmons has taken over as attack coach.If that's true it explains a lot

Any club would be silly not to give the current assistent Australian coach a go. Sheens will be devo and how are the boys going to get through the warm up with out Roycie..

him leaving would be as valuable as us signing thurston IMO just without the 700k price tag

and granto87 hes aussie assitant coach by default….

@ron burgandy said:
him leaving would be as valuable as us signing thurston IMO just without the 700k price tag

hahaha yeah your probably right there….

I don't give a rats what happens to Royce…Sheens is the man accountable for the sides performances....Royce will never be appointed the top job at the Tigers so good luck if he finds another gig!

@Alf Duguid said:
Will he take his witches hats with him, or are they WT property?

If he gets the job, can someone please educate him on the appropriate time to wear a poncho before he leaves… i.e. not 30 degree heat...

With ST Helens footing the bill for this trip there you'd think it's a safe bet he'll get the job.

@ron burgandy said:

Yeh i know i was being sarcastic :smiley:

Coaches payments dont count towards the salary cap. Looks like it will be between Roycie and bi mal.

Staff online

Back