Russian invasion of Ukraine

Russia (Putin) today launched 83 missiles at Ukraine mainly at the capital in an appalling escalation of their invasion of another country.Undoubtedly a few people on here will not believe it as they were not there to see it so it is must be fake in their mind.
So far the amount of dead is unknown but even if it is only a few it is far too many.

Russia (Putin) today launched 83 missiles at Ukraine mainly at the capital in an appalling escalation of their invasion of another country.Undoubtedly a few people on here will not believe it as they were not there to see it so it is must be fake in their mind.
So far the amount of dead is unknown but even if it is only a few it is far too many.
Putin's right up there with the worst of the despots. Would happily wish him dead if it helped but you'd worry he be replaced by someone just as putrid.

Mate my family is in Kiev and it got smashed the last 24 hours and do you know that alot of Ukrainian people don't like the president that is from all over the country there is so much not getting reported and alot of things that get reported and people say are lies

Mate my family is in Kiev and it got smashed the last 24 hours and do you know that alot of Ukrainian people don't like the president that is from all over the country there is so much not getting reported and alot of things that get reported and people say are lies
Pretty sure plenty of people done like Putin too though.

Me my wife and her friend has raised over $30000 for hospital's and children in the Ukraine and there is one Ukrainian charity here based in Australia that has raised over $5 million dollars for the Ukraine and will handing over just $100K to the Ukraine in the next few weeks and the rest of the money we are trying to find out what's happened to it and just get the it's ok everything is ok and we ask what's happened to the money but just hit a brick wall

As long as you understand Zelensky is a crook as well it's mud on-top of mud and everyday people suffer it's horrific

Ukrainian or Russian president?

As from nearly all that I have seen and heard from, is that basically all other than Russian sympathisers, and even all those that didn't vote for Zelensky, now pretty well wholly support him and his actions.

Ukrainian or Russian president?

As from nearly all that I have seen and heard from, is that basically all other than Russian sympathisers, and even all those that didn't vote for Zelensky, now pretty well wholly support him and his actions.
No mate that's just on the TV but Zelensky is a crook and alot of Ukrainian people don't want him alot of bad things he has done killed alot of his political opponents in the Ukraine before all this started

I hope that all your family are safe and they stay that way.I am sure there are many in the Ukraine who do not like or did not vote for Zelensky and that is normal in every country.However Putin started the war (not the Russian people) and he is ultimately responsible for the deteriorating situation,hopefully one day he is facing court on war crimes charges against Slavic people

I hope that all your family are safe and they stay that way.I am sure there are many in the Ukraine who do not like or did not vote for Zelensky and that is normal in every country.However Putin started the war (not the Russian people) and he is ultimately responsible for the deteriorating situation,hopefully one day he is facing court on war crimes charges against Slavic people
Putin is a evil man Zelensky is a evil man this all started back in 2013 you have to go back to Poroshenko and the IMF and the loan it was all down hill since then the loan was bad and Putin was against it and Poroshenko was out the door

No mate that's just on the TV but Zelensky is a crook and alot of Ukrainian people don't want him alot of bad things he has done killed alot of his political opponents in the Ukraine before all this started

I don’t watch TV unless it is rare footy match, very occasional current affairs show, or question time in the background, so have never seen him on TV apart from his addresses to parliament and the UN since February.

Naaaah fake news.
No politician is a cleanskin but to put him in the same basket as Putin ….. naaah ….. but by all means get your Russian backside to motherland and join up and Mr Putin will get you a gun that don’t work and according to Othodox Church you'll be absolved of all your sin.

You've just proven you have never bothered to read, understand or independently educate yourself on any objection or counterpoint that's been posted in this 70 page thread. This war did not start with Putin. It started in 2013/14 with a US backed Coup. Gotta love the Zelensky apologists that are consistently wilfully uneducated on this subject.

I implore you to do yourself a favour and take 20 mins to watch this video. And tell me why any of it is wrong.

Yes, Putin is clearly a Dictator, there's no way anyone can argue against that. But its not so cut and dry. Ukraine is the most corrupt nation in Europe for a reason. They literally installed a comedic actor as their President.

This war is so much more then what you've lapped up being spoon fed.

*Energy Monopoly - Nord stream

*Weapons sale for the expansion of NATO and the Industrial military complex (The US just passed a third round of money laundering to Ukraine, the total is now $US66 Billion) - You cant even begin to imagine how much that is. To put that in perspective it would take $20B to end homelessness in the US. The house was whinging about giving Trump $4B for the wall as it was an incredible amount of money to waste and they wouldn't do it to the American tax payer. Yet now they have no accountability of where any of their money goes in Ukraine and can not offload it in weapon crates and bags of cash fast enough. The US spends $720B a year on their military. Priorities right?

*US backed a Coup in 2014 of a democratically elected government because it was more favourable to Russia then the West - So much for all those people that drone on about Democracy huh. At the time Ukraine relations were headed by '10% to the big guy' who then got his son a lucrative seat on the board of an energy company in Ukraine (This was the catalyst for Trumps impeachment for enquiring about Dementia Joes crimes as VP).

*Ukraine did not stick to the MINSK agreement which was to stop the rebel fighting in the Donbas region, which after 8 years was the catalyst for Putin finally invading. Ukraine had been shelling civilians for 8 years and the West never gave a crap about it. You never knew about it. It never made the nightly news to instruct the viewer what the current thing is we are all meant to care about. Its a game. Why not Yemen or Somalia? Atrocities and war are being committed yet you never see a Yemen flag in peoples Twitter Bio, Why is that?

You've just proven you have never bothered to read, understand or independently educate yourself on any objection or counterpoint that's been posted in this 70 page thread. This war did not start with Putin. It started in 2013/14 with a US backed Coup. Gotta love the Zelensky apologists that are consistently wilfully uneducated on this subject.

I implore you to do yourself a favour and take 20 mins to watch this video. And tell me why any of it is wrong.

Yes, Putin is clearly a Dictator, there's no way anyone can argue against that. But its not so cut and dry. Ukraine is the most corrupt nation in Europe for a reason. They literally installed a comedic actor as their President.

This war is so much more then what you've lapped up being spoon fed.

*Energy Monopoly - Nord stream

*Weapons sale for the expansion of NATO and the Industrial military complex (The US just passed a third round of money laundering to Ukraine, the total is now $US66 Billion) - You cant even begin to imagine how much that is. To put that in perspective it would take $20B to end homelessness in the US. The house was whinging about giving Trump $4B for the wall as it was an incredible amount of money to waste and they wouldn't do it to the American tax payer. Yet now they have no accountability of where any of their money goes in Ukraine and can not offload it in weapon crates and bags of cash fast enough. The US spends $720B a year on their military. Priorities right?

*US backed a Coup in 2014 of a democratically elected government because it was more favourable to Russia then the West - So much for all those people that drone on about Democracy huh. At the time Ukraine relations were headed by '10% to the big guy' who then got his son a lucrative seat on the board of an energy company in Ukraine (This was the catalyst for Trumps impeachment for enquiring about Dementia Joes crimes as VP).

*Ukraine did not stick to the MINSK agreement which was to stop the rebel fighting in the Donbas region, which after 8 years was the catalyst for Putin finally invading. Ukraine had been shelling civilians for 8 years and the West never gave a crap about it. You never knew about it. It never made the nightly news to instruct the viewer what the current thing is we are all meant to care about. Its a game. Why not Yemen or Somalia? Atrocities and war are being committed yet you never see a Yemen flag in peoples Twitter Bio, Why is that?

I certainly would not claim Zelensky is a clean skin in this and as far as the USA is concerned i have probably disagreed with many interventions/meddling they have made going back to the Vietnam War onwards.USA policies in South America have almost universally been wrong and they have contributed to the disasters in the middle east as much as if not more than all the colonial powers before them.
The Ukrainians have the right to protect themselves against invasion of their territory as do any other country and seek support from others.We will disagree on this and as i have stated many times the Russians deserve a better government than what they have unfortunately over the centuries it has always been monarchs/ dictators who rule by fear and oppression

I think there is a strong chance this is like the Bolsheviks v2. Ukraine hijacked by the you-know-who's and trying to bring globalism to Russia.
BUT this is no excuse for invading Ukraine.

Back