Ryan Matterson takes aim at NRL over ‘hefty’ fine

Another selfless Christian act, oh wait, hang on, was it, or just of the pretend evangelical variety.
This comment is not on…..I won’t sit here and let you take a pot shot and let it slide. So everyone has an opinion as long as it’s not a Christian opinion….is that it. If it wasn’t for Christianity being the foundation of our society you wouldn’t have the freedom to be a keyboard warrior.

I’m Christian…..what’s this got to do with anything?
Not sure. I think the issue with Matterson is he makes a big issue of being a Christian and yet his behaviour is not always what some people would see as Christian. His moves to get away from Wests Tigers and his backflip on the Dolphins are not what I'd consider as Christian. In other words, talk the talk and walk the walk.
I'm Christian too and don't mind people espousing Christian values as long as they live by them. Matterson, in my opinion, does not.

Not sure. I think the issue with Matterson is he makes a big issue of being a Christian and yet his behaviour is not always what some people would see as Christian. His moves to get away from Wests Tigers and his backflip on the Dolphins are not what I'd consider as Christian. In other words, talk the talk and walk the walk.
I'm Christian too and don't mind people espousing Christian values as long as they live by them. Matterson, in my opinion, does not.
I agree that he is a piece a s**t as a person but that gives no one the right to vilify any community whether it be religion/race etc because of 1 persons action

Last edited:
I agree that he is a piece a s**t as a person but that gives no one the right to vilify any community wether it be religion/race etc because of 1 persons action
Don't disagree. For every ######## Christian I know there are probably 100+ great Christians. I'm sure the same would be true of Hindus, Muslims, athiests and agnostics. There are a couple of low rent posters on the forum. They are best ignored.

Don't disagree. For every dickhead Christian I know there are probably 100+ great Christians. I'm sure the same would be true of Hindus, Muslims, athiests and agnostics. There are a couple of low rent posters on the forum. They are best ignored.
You are 100% right but these posters need to be held accountable and they need to understand that there is consequences to every action

Self involved human. Plenty of skills but a heap of red flags in regard to being a team member. Earns himself a big value contract after using the Dolphins to bump it up, and then decides to sit out first three games when every team wants to start the season well with their strongest squad. Was getting past my intense dislike for this bloke but should have trusted my first instincts.

If that is the case, the NRL need to monitor the situation and if he is not medically fit enough to be able to be selected then those games cannot be used as a game towards serving his 3 match suspension.
No, a precedent has been set. The games for which the suspension occurs do not change pending on the suspended player's fitness.

This is the same Matterson that cried to the media about training at the tigers running 5 minutes ( or some minuscule amount) overtime. It was part of his reasoning of mental health issues to get out of his Tigers contract. I have a theory that he is trying to get out of Parramatta and is hoping they will cut him loose. His brother just signed with Manly & I wouldn’t be surprised to see him land there too. I could be totally wrong but that’s my crazy theory for today.

This is the same Matterson that cried to the media about training at the tigers running 5 minutes ( or some minuscule amount) overtime. It was part of his reasoning of mental health issues to get out of his Tigers contract. I have a theory that he is trying to get out of Parramatta and is hoping they will cut him loose. His brother just signed with Manly & I wouldn’t be surprised to see him land there too. I could be totally wrong but that’s my crazy theory for today.
I thought the same thing, now that Manly have signed Dean and also going after Siebs to replace Desi.

This comment is not on…..I won’t sit here and let you take a pot shot and let it slide. So everyone has an opinion as long as it’s not a Christian opinion….is that it. If it wasn’t for Christianity being the foundation of our society you wouldn’t have the freedom to be a keyboard warrior.

No problem whatsoever with real Christians, including amongst my family and one's that believe and behave in the way of basically all the teachings of Jesus. Absolutely zero time for those that call themselves a Christian and do not.

It's either follow "our lord Jesus christ" such as helping others first, else bullshit like turning away the needy and self enriching at their expense, and/or voting for those that do. Cannot be both.

I can only trust that you are of the true variety, calling out your fellows such as Matterson on their hypocrisy, along with voting for caring politicians. If not, like many, you are merely pretending to be one.

Matterson reportedly on $600k next year. So the decision of giving up:
0.66% of salary, or
12.5% of regular season games
Surely there’s something missing here...

Maybe he agrees that fines are a joke and he deserves appropriate punishment.

Back