Sam Walker

Fair enough. You argue your point well Bigscreen. Perhaps, with further development, he will become an effective first grade organising half but right now, whether being asked to play second fiddle or not, he has been making too many errors while trying to force the play. We don't need a half who is not the finished product and who will probably continue to struggle in a weak roster like the Tigers. And, as I said, there is no way the Roosters will let him go. Unlike the Tigers, the Roosters believe in a bit of tough love. A few games in Cup and Walker will be back in Firsts a better player. The other thing is that the media love to make a huge deal about his demotion, claiming that people are unhappy in the Walker camp. Nonsense. He'll take his medicine and fight his way back in.
Agree about the Roosters and tough love. They don't like failure and if someone is on the decline or not making the grade they punt them and look for someone better. This breeds success and therefore players want to come to the club.

The Walker bros would love for Sam to be coached by Sheens/Benji. Can't see him leaving the Roosters though- someone needs to get in his ear that what happened to Flanagan will happen to him too.. they'll throw you out- jump before you're pushed.

The Walker bros would love for Sam to be coached by Sheens/Benji. Can't see him leaving the Roosters though- someone needs to get in his ear that what happened to Flanagan will happen to him too.. they'll throw you out- jump before you're pushed.
Why would he like to play under our coaches? Benji ball is as boring as madge and Taylor ball.

My opinion is that Sam Verills was a better hooker for Walker he played on the front foot with speed and Walker played better for it going at the line with speed with cheese it's much slower and it's harder for a young half to create moment

My opinion is that Sam Verills was a better hooker for Walker he played on the front foot with speed and Walker played better for it going at the line with speed with cheese it's much slower and it's harder for a young half to create moment
Verrils is decent hey

They let him go for Turpin (ordinary) and Cheese (proving to be an Adam Blair like player who only looks good at Melbourne)

Verrils is decent hey

They let him go for Turpin (ordinary) and Cheese (proving to be an Adam Blair like player who only looks good at Melbourne)
I know it's crazy Cheese was perfect with the Melbourne halfs along with Smith then Grant it's a shame he should play lock at the Rooters it was a very bad mistake by the Rooster's to let Sam go

Verrils is decent hey

Verrils was the wonderkid at one stage bad recruitment by the Rooster's doesn't happen very often

I know it's crazy Cheese was perfect with the Melbourne halfs along with Smith then Grant it's a shame he should play lock at the Rooters it was a very bad mistake by the Rooster's to let Sam go
The Storm had it right when they moved him to 13. He played well there and could fill in at hooker to add a different dimension for periods of the game.

He's tough, runs hard and tackles hard - he's a good 13. That is becoming apparent.

Some of the Cheese's passing from dummy half, dare I say it makes Jacob Liddle look like Cameron Smith.

Don't get me wrong I didn't mind Jacob Liddle unlike many on here, but something happened to his service from dummy half in the last season or two that he was here, but Cheese has been absolutely atrocious.

When walker first came in they just let him play his natural game something that Robinson stated. My guess is now Cronk is more involved with the halves coaching he’s getting coached to play a certain way and that is the problem
Gronk has a brilliant football brain and can pull a game to pieces, but sometimes I think he is too smart for his own good and certainly hasn't done young Walker any good.

Love watching him and Matty Johns on the podcast because they are both really smart but I think Johns is a lot more flexible and would be a far better coach for someone like Sam Walker.

Back