SBW

clokan

Have to admit I was a bit peeved when channel nine brought out Sonny Bill Williams.If SOO is considered the jewel in RL, why do channel nine bring on this fool. Gallop should ask them down to NRL headquarters with a please explain.

X2\. I hope 9 lose the rights to the nrl. That guy never earnt his place in the spotlight, unless the spotlight was shining on the bench.

Shameless cross promotion.

Agreed…the blokes a disgrace who shat all over the NRL, his club and his supporters.

@clokan said:
Have to admit I was a bit peeved when channel nine brought out Sonny Bill Williams.If SOO is considered the jewel in RL, why do channel nine bring on this fool. Gallop should ask them down to NRL headquarters with a please explain.

My Brother in law brought out a cracker when they showed SBW . He said" The only bloke they could of brought out less popular than SBW would of been Dennis Ferguson" LMFAO

I was also surprised (and wondered how the NRL would see it) when I saw him with Vossy on the sideline, surely there was an Origin great somewhere in the crowd whom they could have got an opinion from. and that is a classic comment from your bro-in-law happy :roll

Just remember all (and I'm not making excuses for Channel 9 ) but they are the TV rights holders of the Rugby World Cup later this year Might explain why SBW was on

Channel 9 are a disgrace
They treat the game with contempt
The day the rights are taken away from them will be a great day for Rugby League

Im with Montague.
Get over it.
He was a great league player and now a great union player.
Fantastic to watch.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Sabre said:
Im with Montague.
Get over it.
Fantastic to watch.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

The guys a scum bag dog mate and should not be introduced as a "special guest" during origin.

BTW he was only a pretty good league player and now a pretty poor union player.

he has no right to appear anywhere rugby league is played. He turned his back on the game for greed. IMO he should stay with rugby there never to return….....

How could channel 9 give him credability shame on you channel 9 we dont need his like in our game.

@Sabre said:
Im with Montague.
Get over it.
Fantastic to watch.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

He spat in his own teammates faces and ran off for the money with his his matea Anthony and Khoder.
Now he is playing union AGAINST a QLD team - why would they have him as a guest in Brisbane?
He was overrated as a league player and is overrated as a union player and (God help us ) a boxer.
I watched the game at a pub and when he came on EVERYBODY , both NSW and QLD booed the bum.
With so many other players ,both current and from the past , to choose from why would they pick that clown?

@cktiger said:
@Sabre said:
Im with Montague.
Get over it.
Fantastic to watch.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

He spat in his own teammates faces and ran off for the money with his his matea Anthony and Khoder.
Now he is playing union AGAINST a QLD team - why would they have him as a guest in Brisbane?
He was overrated as a league player and is overrated as a union player and (God help us ) a boxer.
I watched the game at a pub and when he came on EVERYBODY , both NSW and QLD booed the bum.
With so many other players ,both current and from the past , to choose from why would they pick that clown?

Lads,

SBW is not made of stone.

If someone came along and offered me 3-4 times the money i'm on right now to do **less work,** in an environment with **less pressure, less public scrutiny**, and **less chance of injury**, with more positive reinforcement than I am currently receiving, then yeah, i'd probably jump too.

Mind you, I have a young Family and a mortgage to maintain, SBW probably had less ongoing commitments at the time.

@GNR4LIFE said:
Channel 9 are a disgrace
They treat the game with contempt
The day the rights are taken away from them will be a great day for Rugby League

Yep.

But SBW is a gun.

Sometimes the NRL/ARL and Channel Nine management can be brain dead. Promoting opposition product especially on one of the biggest nights is just plain dumb. It would be like Coca-Cola promoting Pepsi and vice versa, dumb, dumb, dumb.

@mike said:
Sometimes the NRL/ARL and Channel Nine management can be brain dead. Promoting opposition product especially on one of the biggest nights is just plain dumb. It would be like Coca-Cola promoting Pepsi and vice versa, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Agree 100% it was a disgrace that they promoted Rugby Union on leagues biggest night.

If I was the NRL/ARL management I would just call 9 and say don't bother going for the next rights you have no chance.

It really made my blood boil (and I for the most part am pretty calm). I hope David Gallop and the NRL demand a please explain from ch. 9). The man is a dog, he dogged his fans and his teammates, and has no place in the games showpiece, especially now he is representing a competitor. I'd rather see Hunt or Folau than this dog, at least they had the decency to see out their contracts, and actually tell people when and where they were going. I did half expect Vossy to turn the conversation into one about the Super 15 final and the Rugger world cup.

The guy played junior Origin rep for NSW and now claims he is a Queensland fan.

Says everything you need to know about the scumbag

Yep, I agree… I was shocked when it happened and couldnt believe the context of the conversation... Channel Nine have lost the plot!

Ironically enough, does anyone really think the NRL will ask Nine for 'please explain'???

Back