Season preview article from the Roar

Let the media write and say what they like,Iam going to let the team and coaching staff show me what we've got for 2015….

Anything can happen and anything is possible.......

As a die hard WTs fan …. I think the review is very fair an reasonable .

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.5_

Look the other thing you have to factor in is how the other clubs are going as well…. Who's set to improve and who's going to struggle. You need to win about 13-14 games to make the 8.

Canberra, Parramatta, Newcastle, Titans should be easy beats. (On Paper)
Dragons, Warriors, Sharks are not out of our class.

Thats 13 games right there. However, Origin will decimate our season. No coincidence that we made the Finals in 2010-2011 while Michael Ennis was NSW Hooker.

@TIGERS said:
Look the other thing you have to factor in is how the other clubs are going as well…. Who's set to improve and who's going to struggle. You need to win about 13-14 games to make the 8.

Canberra, Parramatta, Newcastle, Titans should be easy beats. (On Paper)
Dragons, Warriors, Sharks are not out of our class.

Thats 13 games right there. However, Origin will decimate our season. No coincidence that we made the Finals in 2010-2011 while Michael Ennis was NSW Hooker.

I agree, theres plenty of teams just as crap as us. We can make the 8.

Our squad is infinitely better than last season's, who only narrowly missed the 8.

We now have competent strength and conditioning coaches.

Our juniors are all a year older.

Origin will affect us much less than in the past as Cherrington is a far greater player than Luani. Cherrington will be just like another Luke/Koroisau. Robbie will have to keep playing well to keep his spot post Origin.

Very strong spine and front row. Some decent backs and a back row which will pack a lot more punch than previous season.

Prediction 6-10th.

Like all years their will be teams that under perform, their will be teams that over achieve, their will be teams that have plenty of key injuries, their will be teams that get the bounce of the ball. If we have some luck for a change anything is possible, but if I was about to put my house on where we would finish, it would be bottom four, but who knows

@Balmain Boy said:
Our squad is infinitely better than last season's, who only narrowly missed the 8.

Robbie will have to keep playing well to keep his spot post Origin.

I am struggling a bit with these 2 statements.

We lost Austin, Blair and Thompson who were consistent performers last season. No world beaters by any means but were 3 of the more durable and in Austin a genuine threat when we were going awful. Ok the youngsters are 1 year older, and we have got the ship together off the field, however the squads lacks depth no one can deny that.

And yeah as if Taylor is going to put our captain, origin hooker and a bloke on 900 K to the bench for Sherrington. Talk about dramatising things. Cherrington might be good but he has not even played a first grade match yet. That statement is laughable to be honest.

Yeah im pretty sure our captain will make it into the side after origin lols

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.1.7_

@Eddie said:
@Balmain Boy said:

Robbie will have to keep playing well to keep his spot post Origin.

I am struggling a bit with these 2 statements.

We lost Austin, Blair and Thompson who were consistent performers last season. No world beaters by any means but were 3 of the more durable and in Austin a genuine threat when we were going awful. Ok the youngsters are 1 year older, and we have got the ship together off the field, however the squads lacks depth no one can deny that.

And yeah as if Taylor is going to put our captain, origin hooker and a bloke on 900 K to the bench for Sherrington. Talk about dramatising things. Cherrington might be good but he has not even played a first grade match yet. That statement is laughable to be honest.

you clearly know nothing mate

i know we have perhaps the most inexperienced squad in the NRL but the solution is to drop Chris Lawrence, Keith Galloway, Halatau and Robbie Farah for replacements that are lucky to have seen a game of first grade.

honestly, do you even read this forum and facebook posts? i see these genius ideas every day. :unamused:

I have a feeling the wrong post was quoted here^^^^^^^^^

My reading of Eddie's post is saying the complete opposite….

@Geo. said:
I have a feeling the wrong post was quoted here^^^^^^^^^

My reading of Eddie's post is saying the complete opposite….

oops, yup.

i was being sarcastic if no one got it

Its a make or break yr for a few players this yr. Notably Lawrence, Galloway and Sirro. Lawrence is really in the last chance saloon. Claims he's fit, well there's no excuses, if he doesn't have it this yr he never will. Galloway needs to prove he still has something to offer, if he doesn't he needs to be on the first plane to England. And Sirro needs to show us the potential that has been claimed he possess. He's in the same position Lawrence is in, supposedly fit and no excuses this yr.

I've watched a lot of footy over the years.
The team this year has a sense of unknown quantity.
As long as their defense improves, this in itself will go along way to a possible top 8 berth.

So once again I'm going to sit back and see what happens. :unamused:

when I turned **80**, wests -tigers won the comp. :smiley:
this year I will be **90**, so please fella's make the top 8\. :stuck_out_tongue: :pray:

@GNR4LIFE said:
Its a make or break yr for a few players this yr. Notably Lawrence, Galloway and Sirro. Lawrence is really in the last chance saloon. Claims he's fit, well there's no excuses, if he doesn't have it this yr he never will. Galloway needs to prove he still has something to offer, if he doesn't he needs to be on the first plane to England. And Sirro needs to show us the potential that has been claimed he possess. He's in the same position Lawrence is in, supposedly fit and no excuses this yr.

I think that there will be at least one or two "star" players dropped during the course of 2015.

Back