Semi Final Venue

NJLM78

With 2 NRL Semi Finals out of Sydney next week - Melbourne and Gold Coast, could the Tigers get a stand alone semi-final in Sydney next weekend? The Storm U20's would play at home before the NRL game and the Dragons U20's would play at Kogarah. Is it Sunday afternoon when they name the venues for these games?

Nope…..It'll be Melbourne if they beat the Warriors If Manly wins and Storm lose ,,,then it will be in Sydney...

It's the NRL competition they follow the 1 V 8, 4 V 5 etc ....at least that what they did last year...So it will be Wests Tigers V Brisbane in Melbourne I'd say... :brick:

@Geo. said:
Nope…..It'll be Melbourne if they beat the Warriors If Manly wins and Storm lose ,,,then it will be in Sydney...

It's the NRL competition they follow the 1 V 8, 4 V 5 etc ....at least that what they did last year...So it will be Wests Tigers V Brisbane in Melbourne I'd say... :brick:

So what the hell is the point of finishing 4th?

I thought they rearranged it if a team was in the finals in both grades …

Like Melbourne will get a home final in first grade (4v5) and in the U20s (3v6) so it'd be stupid not to have the Melbourne U20s who finished 3rd opening for first grade who finished 4th.

@alex said:

Like Melbourne will get a home final in first grade (4v5) and in the U20s (3v6) so it'd be stupid not to have the Melbourne U20s who finished 3rd opening for first grade who finished 4th.

Now that would make a hell of a lot more sense…

@Geo. said:
@alex said:

Where would the Tigers play as our FG squad didn't make the finals?

@sargent said:
@Geo. said:
@alex said:

Where would the Tigers play as our FG squad didn't make the finals?

I think we're gonna have to wait til Monday to find out.

Currently in first grade you'll have:

1 v 8 = Dragons V Eels
2 v 7 = Bulldogs V Knights/Panthers
3 v 6 = Titans V Broncos
4 V 5 = Storm V Manly

In the U20s, youd have
1 v 8 = Dragons V Raiders
2 v 7 = Manly V Souths
3 v 6 = Storm V Warriors (will play eachother this week too)
4 v 5 = Tigers V Broncos

now .. you'd think the Dragons U20s would open for the Dragons FG (will happen anyway coz both 1 v 8)
Storm V Warriors SHOULD open for 4 v 5 in FG
I dont think the Tigers V Broncos U20s should have to go to the Gold Coast to open for the Titans V Broncos match as that'll give the Broncos an advantage … so that leaves Manly V Souths and Tigers V Broncos with one game in Sydney and one game in the Gold Coast ... hmm tough predicament. I wouldnt mind seeing an U20s double header at the SFS this week ... Tigers V Broncos then Manly V Souths. The other two games can open for their FG.

Week 1 of the Toyota Cup has been released. Games will be played as follows:

**Friday, September 11 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne**
Toyota Cup: Melbourne Storm (3) v South Sydney Rabbitohs (6) (5.30pm)
Telstra Premiership: Storm v Sea Eagles (7:30pm)

**Saturday, September 12 - Skilled Park, Gold Coast**
Toyota Cup: Wests Tigers (4) v Brisbane Broncos (5) (4.15pm)
Telstra Premiership: Titans v Broncos (6:30pm)
**Saturday, September 12 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney**
Arrive Alive Cup: Endeavour Sports High v Keebra Park High School (4.35pm)
Toyota Cup: Manly Sea Eagles (1) v Canberra Raiders (8) (6.15pm)
Telstra Premiership: Bulldogs v Newcastle Knights (8:30pm)
**Sunday, September 13 - WIN Jubilee Oval, Sydney**
Toyota Cup: St George Illawarra Dragons (2) v NZ Warriors (7) (1.45pm)
Telstra Premiership: Dragons v Eels (4:00pm)

In my opinion the Tigers are disadvantaged by coming 4th and the Broncos advantaged as they play closer to home and in front of their fans pre-first grade.

Totally dodgy we will gain no advantage from playing there. The only positive thing was that the vast majority of the crowd turn up very late at skilled so we shouldn't have too many boos to contend with. Still we have a plane trip and the broncos get a bus trip just…. How is that any advantage!... Still have faith those Tigers cubs can tear the apart!

Broncos are the bogey side for Wests Tigers NYC at the best of times. Let alone just down the road from their home turf.

@smeghead said:
Broncos are the bogey side for Wests Tigers NYC at the best of times. Let alone just down the road from their home turf.

Yeah Smeg, I remember watching them smack our U20s at Campbelltown by 30 or so….....our 20s are playing better now, but should be still tough up there though.

With the 20s they should arrange the finals by telling the top 4 coaches that they get to choose which game they are alligned with, minor premiers get first choice, 2nd get the next choice and so on.

@Aladinsane said:
@smeghead said:

Yeah Smeg, I remember watching them smack our U20s at Campbelltown by 30 or so….....our 20s are playing better now, but should be still tough up there though.

Different team playing much better…..Broncos struggled againt the Cows.....but how come we finish 4th and have to play on their dungheap just about...... :deadhorse:

I'm soooooooo angry right now.........

Atleast the all the titans fans will barrack for us so we will have the majority of the crowd on our side.

this is very unfair
no tigers supporters supporting them

would of been better to play in Sydney & having 2 certain raisers

eg

3.30pm, Tigers V Broncos U20s

5.30pm, Manly V Canberra U20s

7.30pm, Bulldogs v Knights NRL
\
\
what im trying to say is theres no point finishing in the top four in Toyota Cup

because your no promised a home game

Back