Shane Tronc

tigerdre

In the paper today it's saying that Tronc is on the verge of signing with an ESL team
He's being squeezed out of the cowboys.
Why are we not making any plays for a prop?? Most would agree we need more depth in this area.
Tronc has alot of mongrel in him & he runs straight.
I don't know what sort of money he will be getting in the ESL but if we offered him between 200 & 250 grand im sure he would have stayed in OZ.

Yep….read that too...a no nonsense meathead Prop who goes forward...Tronc fits that bill......Has an offload in him as well.....

@smeghead said:
Would prefer Danny Wicks

I did'nt think he was off contract but if he is what are we doing.Its not like there not on the market.
There is plenty out there.We can't rely on Skando running around for another couple of seasons

Shane Tronc

Games 17
Tries 1
Points 4
Minutes 814
LB 1
Offloads 29
Tackle Breaks 15
Ave Mins 47.9
Ave Runs 15.7
Mtrs 123.2
Ave Tackles 27.8
Miss Tackles 1.4
Inef Tkls 1.1
All runs 267
Run Mtrs 2095
Errors 8
Penalties 5

Not a bad season for a mediocre sloth…Just on Offloads alone...He has more than half our team combined...

@smeghead said:
Would prefer Danny Wicks

Other years I would too, but Tronc is in career best form at the moment - averaging well over 100 metres a game. Obviously there's a risk that he's just playing well in a contract year and he could regress to his old form next year. But when a front rower of his size and in his form is available I'd be willing to take the risk. Especially when there aren't many other options on the market.

@Geo. said:
Shane Tronc

Games 17
Tries 1
Points 4
Minutes 814
LB 1
Offloads 29
Tackle Breaks 15
Ave Mins 47.9
Ave Runs 15.7
**Mtrs 123.2
Ave Tackles 27.8**
Miss Tackles 1.4
Inef Tkls 1.1
All runs 267
Run Mtrs 2095
Errors 8
Penalties 5

Not a bad season for a mediocre sloth…Just on Offloads alone...He has more than half our team combined...

I'm liking them stats

I would have him in a flash. We just need metres eaters. He did set up the first try against us a few weeks ago.

I wanted him to but he signed with the ESL ages ago.
I wanted Snowden to but he re-signed with the sharks.
And I wanted Hannant last year but we didnt pick him up either so Ive lost all hope lol.

He's a big unit and has an offload but we know Sheens likes a certain type of player and I don't think Tronc would fit the bill. I think he'll go well in the English conditions with his size.

Wakefield Wildcats have completed the signing of North Queensland prop Shane Tronc.

The 27-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the Wildcats starting next season.

Tronc, who was out of contract at the end of the year, continues Wakefield's 2010 recruitment push following the recent signings of Terry Newton and Glenn Morrison.

Coach John Kear said: "When the opportunity to acquire a player of Shane Tronc's undoubted ability came up, the club jumped at the chance.

"We see the signing as a continuation of our great and sustained improvement."

Tronc has made 119 appearances in Australia's NRL competition in six seasons with the Cowboys, including a 2005 Grand Final appearance.

Tronc said: "I have always harboured a desire to play in Super League and I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

"Wakefield are a club on the improve and are going places on the back of good coaching, and I was very impressed with the club's professionalism during negotiations with my agent.

"I have been enjoying my footy in Australia this year and I'm very happy with my form.

"I feel I can offer Wakefield a strong work ethic, the tough yards, a committed defence and 100% effort each week."

I would love to see Tronc come on board, keep Laurie and release Gibbs. There was a mention of emplying Blocker Roach as a forward coach in another thread. Imagine if ge rubbed some of the old blocker on these guys.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Good, he's crap. Soft as butter. We already have Gibbs for that role. No need for another.

Plus he is slow. Gets caught out a fair bit with his poor lateral movement.

Latest posts

Members online

Back