Shawn Blore #235

How would you find out how finacial a club is.
I mean as a member I don't even know the WT financial position.
I guess it maybe disclosed at member information and AGM meetings.
I know Cronulla was broke years ago but are well off now [I think?] and they historically field good sides.
The reason we can't maintain a top roster and keep our stars points to administration and coaching doesn't it.
When I played and had a choice which club to play for, I chose the one that had a good bunch of blokes and a coach I could work with because it wasn't really professional. You had to have another job.
Today, of course, football is 100% professional and revolves around the dollar.
So if we have the dollars, what the hell is going on. Clubs these days are not transparent in their dealings hence the sombrero and salary cap rorting.
The reintroduction of Sheens seem to be having a positive effect, why is that?
I get it that he's shrewd and knowledgeable but there must be more to it than a man with a keen eye.
I wish I could be a fly on the wall with contract discussions. That way I could have an expert opinion, like all if us we are really just guessing to what goes on and who are making good and bad decisions.
Results is all we can gauge competency on.
You're not a member... That's a fancy name for season ticket holder

Thing is we need a good season to make it appealing to play at tigers. Sure we could have money to spend, but if nobody wants to play for us then why have the money?
Big season ahead of us, regardless of whoever is already signed for 23....
It worked out okay for the bulldogs

It worked out okay for the bulldogs
how often have you ever seen one team pull in so many stars in one season like they have? How long were the dogs completely rubbish before they jagged a couple of star players?

I like Shawn's demeanor during an interview at the COE Opening.
He's a solid lad and sounds like he's been hard at it in recovery.
6045c6e4b384e3e5da2700dbcf17ea13.jpg
Gee he's had a horror of a run.
If he fires up this year our pack is going to be a goodin.
Wish him well.

View attachment 3366
Wish him well.
Think he's only 21 or 22. This kid could be anything if he stays fit and Sheens can keep him on track. Could have the career Dwyer should have had with us.

If you see a thread of a player with it's signing number eg. #325 it means I've merged all the random threads into one and tidied it up and regenerated it by making a post.
All players will hopefully/eventually end up in the contracts, Recruitment and Rumours section.

I am a fan and I have banged on about him before , I just have this feeling if he can stay fit and injury free folks will be taking about how good he is , I think he will go very well with the likes of Klemmer , Pappi , Appi and possibly Bateman helping him along , got a big future I believe

If you see a thread of a player with it's signing number eg. #325 it means I've merged all the random threads into one and tidied it up and regenerated it by making a post.
All players will hopefully/eventually end up in the contracts, Recruitment and Rumours section.
I like the touch of adding their player number.

God I hope he can stay fit. In the short run he had as start 2RF he was really solid in defence. Added starch to our pack. Couldn't run a line to save his life though. The rumours are that he will be playing the middle forward rotation this season. Interested to see how that goes.

View attachment 3366
Wish him well.
Needs some luck on the injury front. If he gets a consistent run of games, he will be a real asset to our pack next year!

Massive thx to @Cobarcats For his hard work to keep the many threads tidy and in one place.

Vite 1 Cobar for PM

Blore ready to repay the faith as new era dawns at Tigers
Author
Kelsey Hogan
Picsart_22-12-07_19-09-10-749.jpg

After watching helplessly from the sidelines as his club slumped to their first-ever wooden spoon in 2022, Wests Tigers young gun Shawn Blore is ready to unleash a year’s worth of frustration at Leichhardt Oval in the opening round of 2023.

Having been re-signed by the club despite the fact a pre-season ACL injury cruelled his 2022 campaign, the 22-year-old is determined to repay the faith new coach Tim Sheens has shown in him.

“It’s been a hard year for everyone at the club but it was even harder watching from the sideline,” Blore told NRL.com.

“It was really painful at times having to sit there because you can’t do anything to help and you can’t change anything. You just sit there wishing you could do something and it’s a really crap feeling.

“The re-signing this year is something I’ll never forget. To re-sign someone who’s unproven in the NRL and give me that chance, I can't describe it.

"And Sheensy knows very well that my goal is to start for the team in round one in the back row."

There’s a lot of little milestones you can’t take for granted when you're injured, whether that’s walking or straightening my leg.

"It’s such a long process so you’ve just got to tick off all the small wins along the way and not take them for granted.”

With two ACL injuries forcing the emerging back-rower to spend more time in the rehab room than on the field in recent years, blore said the thought of setting foot onto Leichhardt Oval in front of a packed house on March 5 gets the blood pumping.

“My footy and the past few years have been so scattered but one thing has remained the same and that’s my dream to play again on a sunny Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt,” he said.

“Our first two rounds are on Sunday at Leichhardt Oval and I just love that ground.

“Sheensy', Benji (Marshall) and Faz (Robbie Farah), they’ve won a competition together, so they know what it takes to win,” he said.

“From what I’ve seen of pre-season, it feels like there’s a new mentality this year and everyone is sort of feeding off that.

“We’ve got all we need now - the new facilities are second-to-none, we’ve got the coaching staff and the signings have been amazing.

"Api Koroisau, Isaiah Papali’i, Dave Klemmer, Charlie Staines... they’re what we need.”

Attachments

• 2021-TRADERS-RISING-STAR-RS46-BLORE.jpg
    2021-TRADERS-RISING-STAR-RS46-BLORE.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 13
1670465536551.png

LUCKLESS TIGER EYES NEW GOAL

Shawn Blore has had horror luck with injuries, but he’s back to full healthy — and has his eye on a starting spot in the the Wests Tigers’ 17.

The 22-year-old has suffered two ACL injuries throughout his short career, with the latest in February this year.

It meant he had to watch on from the sidelines as the Tigers claimed their first wooden spoon, but it’s also given him plenty of time to recover and prepare for 2023.

The Tigers have shown plenty of faith in Blore, re-signing him a few months ago on a two-year deal and now he’s ready to make his mark, telling NRL.com his goal is to be in the starting side come Round 1.

“The re-signing this year is something I’ll never forget. To re-sign someone who’s unproven in the NRL and give me that chance, I can’t describe it,” he said.

“And Sheensy knows very well that my goal is to start for the team in round one in the back row.

“I’ve definitely heard a lot of sayings since my injury. One that really stuck with me was ‘you can be a sad loser or a sad winner’.

“Injuries are always going to be sad, but you have a choice to use it to better yourself.

“I really liked that saying so I stuck by it and used it to overcome a really low point in my career.”

I like his attitude and truly believe with a bit of luck on the injury side he will have a great 2023.

He will stiffen up the edge and also hopefully with IP on one side and him on the other be a serious threat hole running if the halves can utilise them.

Back