Sheens has had some DOOZIES over the years but none worse...

anderson_silva

then playing Lui in the halves at the point of the season he did. he broke up the winning combo of moltzen/marshall to go with a rookie half when our season was on the line.

It would of been less of a risk and disruption to bring in hanbury at full back then to play lui in the halves, im not bagging the kid its not his fault, and he tried his best but he wasnt the man for the job at this point of the year.

they said that his form had been to impressive to ignore, but yet they continuely ignore the like of pritchard,gower and akeripa who have all been great this year and warranted selection at some point, but instead persisted with the dead wood that has been dragging us down for 4 years now.
\
\
Sheens you cost us the finals again, you had a great winning halves combo and you went ahead and tore apart the one positive thing from this turbulent season, not only were you to late in recognising the best halves combo at the club but once you did and they had success you had to do what you always do and screw up a good thing

Agree whole heartedly Anderson, he really has lost the plot.

I'll put a $1000 on the fact that this clown will make moltzen play fullback for the majority of next year untill it's almost too late and then relent, change him back into the halves and then sit back and accept the accolades for reinvigorating the attack with his astute positional changes.

I said in another post that I think he is a fraud as a coach. Hopefully next year is his last with us :pray:

lui did alright, stop blaming sheens for everything.

we just had crap scramble defence. whenever a team offloads against us we struggle… its as simple as that..

He did what he's been doing for a while, weakened one position to strengthen another, too bad it was a pretty important position he weakened.

I can accept Lui at 7 & a lot of other things - poor bench selections for one.

Morris in the halves for 2 & 1/2 seasons has been the major killer. The guy offers the club heaps but in the halves is a dud.

@mtd said:

we just had crap scramble defence. whenever a team offloads against us we struggle… its as simple as that..

lui doin "alright" isnt enough mate, moltzen/marshall halves combo was killing it we looked the best we had in 3 years and he goes and stuffs around with it, can u imagin daniel anderson changing his halves combo at this time of the year? as good as mateo is he knows a good thing when hes got it and he stuck with it and made the right changes else where and kept young mortimer and robson together despite mateo being available
\
\
sheens is a goose plain and simple, he isnt as smart and knowledgable as he thinks he is.

@anderson silva said:
@mtd said:

lui doin "alright" isnt enough mate, moltzen/marshall halves combo was killing it we looked the best we had in 3 years and he goes and stuffs around with it, can u imagin daniel anderson changing his halves combo at this time of the year? as good as mateo is he knows a good thing when hes got it and he stuck with it and made the right changes else where and kept young mortimer and robson together despite mateo being available
\
\
sheens is a goose plain and simple, he isnt as smart and knowledgable as he thinks he is.

OUR HALVES COMBO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR LOSSES!

it was our defence. we simply cannot defend against offloads!!

@mtd said:
@anderson silva said:
@mtd said:

\
\

so then they had nothing to do with our 5 match win strak either then? wonder why we never put a streak like that together with morris in the halves then.

**<big>7\. Moltzen
6\. Benji
1\. Gallant</big>**

Remember the last couple of seasons of Happy Days when the Fonz was clearly in his mid 30's and it began to look increasingly uncomfortable when he'd click his fingers for the little high school chicks to come running to him?? It just did look right :laughing:

Well this is what we get circa 2009 when our Fonz clicks his fingers for team selections. They just aint right. Liu should have remained in the 20's. Moltz at 7, Ayshford in the centres etc etc.

Blah Blah blah, lets just send him off, for goodness sake. im bored at the Fonz threads. im sick of being right all the time. Lets have a thread where we predict his round 1 team for 2010\. Blah, Blah Blah . . . .lets have a thread that if he is coach, I can tell you he'll bring Gallant into fullback after about round 16 next year . . . Blah Blah Blah. **<big>Wake up people, the Fonz has lost it !!</big>**

@mtd said:

Your entitled to your opinion however imo Morris in the halves is the no 1 reason we haven't made the finls the last 3 seasons.

We have the players to do well - another prop or two wouldn't hurt - but basically we should be a finals team.

As per bug:
1\. Gallant (Gallant is far from essential - Lawrence / McDonnell whoever would have worked)
6\. Benji
7\. Moltzen

and we are a much better team.

@mtd said:

Agreed. Obvious in the last 2 weeks.

One of the biggest problems I've had with Sheens is his lack of rotation.

I don't actually mind him trying different things. But when it's abundantly clear that certain players are out of form, you drop them and promote reserve graders. This means there is intense competition for first grade spots and the reserve graders have an incentive to play hard.

At the moment, players in a form slump get picked no matter what.

I don't even know why I bother commenting on Sheens. He's been doing the same things for 4 years. It's just his style.

:deadhorse:

When Gallant got injured it was bleedingly obvious that our lineup should have reverted to:
1\. Hanbury
6\. Marshall
7\. Moltzen

Sheens is the master of epic failure though, yet another season without finals…

How many more until the club wakes up?

@Zaibatsu said:
When Gallant got injured it was bleedingly obvious that our lineup should have reverted to:
1\. Hanbury
6\. Marshall
7\. Moltzen

Sheens is the master of epic failure though, yet another season without finals…

How many more until the club wakes up?

Sheens IS the club.

So it is obvious that Sheens somwhat got the timing with Lui wrong but that is just how it appears. Lui himself has handled himself great to this point i feel. Its easy to link his inclusion when we are losing matches and say that there lies the reason for our change in fortune. I have seen nothing though that suggests this is the case in actual fact. How do we know that Timmy being kept at half would have seen different fortunes for us over the past 2 weeks? Easy, we dont. A cop out it is.

I agree with all of you,The turning point of the season was Gallant getting injured against the roosters.I think Sheens with all his so called experience panicked when there was no need to.We had great stability in the side going into the last couple of rounds but Sheens had to meddle with the squad.
I still can't get over the fact of why didn't he just switch Gallant with Hanbury and stick with the same squad that was looking impresive

I KNOW ITS EASY TO BLAME THE COACH BUT IM CONVINCED HIS TEAM SELECTIONS IS WHAT COST US THIS YEAR & SURELY WITH 4 SEASONS WITHOUT FINALS FOOTY ITS TIME SHEENS FELL ON HIS SWORD FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB

@Balmain Bug said:
**<big>7\. Moltzen
6\. Benji
1\. Gallant</big>**

Remember the last couple of seasons of Happy Days when the Fonz was clearly in his mid 30's and it began to look increasingly uncomfortable when he'd click his fingers for the little high school chicks to come running to him?? It just did look right :laughing:

Well this is what we get circa 2009 when our Fonz clicks his fingers for team selections. They just aint right. Liu should have remained in the 20's. Moltz at 7, Ayshford in the centres etc etc.

Blah Blah blah, lets just send him off, for goodness sake. im bored at the Fonz threads. im sick of being right all the time. Lets have a thread where we predict his round 1 team for 2010\. Blah, Blah Blah . . . .lets have a thread that if he is coach, I can tell you he'll bring Gallant into fullback after about round 16 next year . . . Blah Blah Blah. **<big>Wake up people, the Fonz has lost it !!</big>**

Who the H*l* is FONZ!

wonder why we never put a streak like that together with morris in the halves then.

Might want to check the records as you will find, John Morris at half back and Liam Fulton at five eight, 5 game winning streak in 2007.

@alexaki said:
@Balmain Bug said:
**<big>7\. Moltzen
6\. Benji
1\. Gallant</big>**

Who the H*l* is FONZ!

@anderson silva said:
then playing Lui in the halves at the point of the season he did. he broke up the winning combo of moltzen/marshall to go with a rookie half when our season was on the line.

It would of been less of a risk and disruption to bring in hanbury at full back then to play lui in the halves, im not bagging the kid its not his fault, and he tried his best but he wasnt the man for the job at this point of the year.

they said that his form had been to impressive to ignore, but yet they continuely ignore the like of pritchard,gower and akeripa who have all been great this year and warranted selection at some point, but instead persisted with the dead wood that has been dragging us down for 4 years now.
\
\
Sheens you cost us the finals again, you had a great winning halves combo and you went ahead and tore apart the one positive thing from this turbulent season, not only were you to late in recognising the best halves combo at the club but once you did and they had success you had to do what you always do and screw up a good thing

I have to agree with you there mate!! on Lui it was a big gamble Moltzen does work better along side Marshall , All i seen Lui do the last 3 games is pass the ball no kicking no chip over the tops, ummmmmmm what was Sheens doing????

Latest posts

Members online

Back