Sheens should retire

not sure about the alleged Bateman issues with Hastings but old jacko plays a good game with the media says all the right things yet usually gets moved on from clubs after 2 years. Let's see how gagai ponga Hastings and O'Brien' egos all end up
hastings is a Good 13 but not a 7
All everyone had to do was agree and get ready to play for the WT.
Hastings at 13, Bateman at 12,Brooks at 7 and Douhei at 6.
Wouldn’t we all love to see that line up this Sunday v Cows !!

All everyone had to do was agree and get ready to play for the WT.
Hastings at 13, Bateman at 12,Brooks at 7 and Douhei at 6.
Wouldn’t we all love to see that line up this Sunday v Cows !!
No No No, AD and Brooks were attrocious as a halves pairing. Nothing Bateman or Hasting would be able to do to cover up that abysmal combination!

Hastings didnt need to be the answer to our #7 woes.... he needed to be the answer to our #6 issues... Now we live in an era of zero halves, and Hastings could have educated a 6, while we looked for a long term 7.
he is a ball playing 13 in the modern game not really a 6.
2023 we could have had
13. Hastings, 6. AD, 7 Brooks 1. Bula

I wouldn’t be surprised if he went soon.

He was pulling the strings while we won our first spoon, but made sure he installed a scapegoat to front the media.

If he stays, watch for leaks to start saying that Benji is basically running the show.

I hope Benji takes full control in 2024
Sheens still has appeal, BUT he still has some dumb ideas , I would be happy for him to move on completely end of this year , actually move to England , it hasn’t worked out well so far and 2 spoons a big chance , not happy , move him on

Everyone keeps going on about Hastings like he would be some savior. Do you honestly think we would be in a different situation if he was still at the club? Newcastle couldn't even beat the Panthers who were missing like 6 players.
No, not a saviour, but I think he would have been good for US moving forward. Just my opinion…..

Everyone keeps going on about Hastings like he would be some savior. Do you honestly think we would be in a different situation if he was still at the club? Newcastle couldn't even beat the Panthers who were missing like 6 players.
Would have won at least 3+ more games if he was here playing in the 7 over Brooks, especially the first few rounds when he would have easily won those games over the filth Brooks produced. Could have changed the whole season to have been 4-1 rather than 0-5 and the season already gone.

So yes, yes we would be in a very different situation if he was still at the club. Especially behind the Tigers forward pack this year. Brooks has displayed zero attacking talent in all but 1 or 2 games this year. The 20mtrs zone which he has spent a lot of time this year he has come up with bupkis. Hastings would not have.

As this thread is named “Sheens Should Retire”……let’s try to stay on point.
I actually think Sheens is doing the job of shielding Benji from the media and from the crap that is continually hurtled our way as a club (much due to our own failures). While we are in this phase where things both on the field and off it with recruitment are working themselves out I think having Sheens as the front man works for us. He is wily and tough and handles the media well and less likely to be questioned or raked over the coals.
Let Benji focus on learning to coach. I am sure that behind the scenes these guys are working together and doing their best to succeed. God I hope so anyway!!

Nah let benji shadow coach another year without any media pressure. Sheens will probably retire after 2024 anyway idk why you want him to retire now when we already have a succession plan for when he isn't coaching us.......... are you aware of this

Listening to Sheens though on Graham's podcast he said Benjis is in charge of the attack, it's been non existent apart from the Cowboys game where they didn't even turn up. Not too sold on Benji being any better.

No, not a saviour, but I think he would have been good for US moving forward. Just my opinion…..
Hastings would have been brilliant with Klem,Bateman and Api....but the Brooks suck holes on here cant see footballing skills from the patsy rookie hype thats continued for 12 plus years...All we needed was a player that organised,yelled and dictated the team around for a couple of years while the young guns developed...but I have no real idea about the game having played it for years, instead of being a keyboard warrior and media baboon that only knows whats spoon fed to them...

Hastings would have been brilliant with Klem,Bateman and Api....but the Brooks suck holes on here cant see footballing skills from the patsy rookie hype thats continued for 12 plus years...All we needed was a player that organised,yelled and dictated the team around for a couple of years while the young guns developed...but I have no real idea about the game having played it for years, instead of being a keyboard warrior and media baboon that only knows whats spoon fed to them...
Hastings has gone and Brooks will follow.
We have asked every other half to join us and have some fun while we hurtle abuse at them, but they’ve surprisingly declined.

We’re now looking at who could possibly be hiding their halfback talents within the team. Laurie’s turn this week.

To answer the question, if we now get rid of Sheen we’re digging the hole deeper.
We’ve seen the decisions Benji has been making, or those he’s been allowed to make.

The one burning, unanswered question...
Why did the club insist on looking for a coach with limited or no coaching experience?
Answer that question and you start to understand the mess the club is in.

Latest posts

Back