Sheensnanigans!!!

@innsaneink said:
@Kaiser said:
@willow said:
I'd even take a punt on Tame Tupou ahead of Skando for the Cowboys match.

So would I…. especially given Skando will probably play 20mins...

Should then ensure all four bench units are utilised eh?
Yet another positive - yet all people can do is whinge

Sheens has said Tupou is in his plans for the forwards? Why wait? By all accounts he's been in good form and if he is in Sheens plans…. give him 20 from the bench as opposed to what is just a band-aid solution...

TBH I don't really care that Skando has been metioned... he out-performed everyones expectations last season and I think he'll most likely do it again if he gets a chance.

The biggest question for me is.... "What has Moors done wrong?"

My problem is that Schirnack, Gower, Pearn & Ranieri would all get the job done as well and they are not at the ends of their career.

I am just over Sheens.

Whats next bring back Whatuira and see if we can lure Michael Crockett away from his lucrative job in the mines?

You could see this coming as soon as he was named for Wests in State Cup.

If he plays I wish him nothing but the best of games but the situation with our use of players is an utter joke

@smeghead said:
My problem is that Schirnack, Gower, Pearn & Ranieri would all get the job done as well and they are not at the ends of their career.

I am just over Sheens.

Whats next bring back Whatuira and see if we can lure Michael Crockett away from his lucrative job in the mines?

If he plays I wish him nothing but the best of games but the situation with our use of players is an utter joke

Your right Smeg…

It's why I get frustrated at Fitzy's selections... we will end up loosing a junior with alot of future while we play a bloke who offers zero and will more than likely play elsewhere or retire next season....

@smeghead said:

I am just over Sheens.

That's the crux of it right there Smeg. As far as the front row is concerned, Sheens has better options at his disposal. Skando has experience and will most likely get the job done but in his first few games back last year he missed plenty of tackles and it took him a while to get into his stride. Look at the other players Sheens can pick though… David Gower turned out for NSW Residents last week and was a standout, he has a very good motor and could handle FG. Moors has offered good impact off the bench the last several times he has played FG and was again strong PLAYING 60 minutes for Wests last weekend and is the most obvious choice to offer the impact role with Fifita missing. Tame Tupou while down on timing offers plenty of size, strength and if used in the front row will be the quickest front rower in the club, if not the NRL.

Again, nothing against Skando, but there are others ahead of him at the moment.

Could it be a cap issue?
Im not well versed on the cap but I know bringing in certain contracted players counts towards nexty years cap.
I dunno what deal Skando has going, maybe this is a way around it?

There must be injury dramas in the forwards aside from the ones we know about like Ellis and Fafita. That is the only reason I can think for Skando being promoted back into the 1st grade team. Perhaps the thinking is to get to 26/28 points asap and then promote the younger blokes when the pressure to win isn't as great. :confused: Anyway good luck Skando. Play well!

@hybrid_tiger said:
It's a slap in the face to every prop we have playing in the lower grades.

this does concern me a little with Skando's selection….. what exactly has Moors done or not done to deserve to not be higher up on the choices for the bench?

besides that, I'm glad Lui is back

I love that Skando is back and I really hope he plays.

The bloke bleeds Black, white and even a little orange. You know he'll give everything he has and I can't say that for everyone who pulls our jersey on.

Tim Sheens may be thinking it would be good to have Skando up to speed for the semis just in case we lose a prop or two on the way there, which we are more than capable of doing.

@innsaneink said:
Could it be a cap issue?
Im not well versed on the cap but I know bringing in certain contracted players counts towards nexty years cap.

Maybe they get a long service deal or something.

There are two options here imo:- 1\. Sheens is doing the good old no idea when it comes to selections or 2\. We are over the cap and for whatever reason Skando will not contribute to it.

I reckon it is option 1 and it is really getting to me. I am starting to think that he just has to go at the end of the season no matter what. Yes we are winning games and yes he has been a great coach for us but his team selections have been consistently moronic and we have not made the finals for a number of years and we have had a good squad.

Gower like Tandy before him will not get a run, maybe because he has signed with another club for 2011\. I dont know that but it seem the only logical explanation. The guy is a standout week in and week out in reggies but Sheens keeps going for the tried and trusted. Iam not bagging Skando he will go okay its just that Gower deserves his chance

I hear Harvey Howard is back in training as well. Imagine a front row of Skando & Harvey!!

@Alf Duguid said:
I hear Harvey Howard is back in training as well. Imagine a front row of Skando & Harvey!!

Nah, I don't reckon it'll work. :wink:

@supercoach said:
Gower like Tandy before him will not get a run, maybe because he has signed with another club for 2011\. I dont know that but it seem the only logical explanation. The guy is a standout week in and week out in reggies but Sheens keeps going for the tried and trusted. Iam not bagging Skando he will go okay its just that Gower deserves his chance

I've only seen Gower on about 10 occasions, but I have no doubt he would handle the transition quite comfortably. I remember the first time I saw him last year, and I pointed to him and told my 8yr old boy that "this guy will be playing for the Wests Tigers soon". For David to play a domestic role in the NRL, all I would prefer to see is him reducing the number of times he looks to off-load. I know its ironic I would prefer him to reduce his flair and skill, but I truely see a very very reliable domestic Prop Forward in David Gower.

Is anyone aware if he has signed for another club for 2011?

@innsaneink said:
Could it be a cap issue?

I would say that is probably the reason Skando has been picked but i'm not sure how the salary cap works either.I cant think of any other reason :confused:

What im baffled about is what the hell has Moors done.Why name an extended bench when there are no injury concerns in the forwards.The Sheens mind games do not work.
In saying this im confident Moors will get the nod over Skando & like most have said it is a slap in the face to the up & comers.

Gower get out while you can son.You will be a healthy addition to another club just like Tandy is proving to be

I've only seen Gower on about 10 occasions, but I have no doubt he would handle the transition quite comfortably. I remember the first time I saw him last year, and I pointed to him and told my 8yr old boy that "this guy will be playing for the Wests Tigers soon". For David to play a domestic role in the NRL, all I would prefer to see is him reducing the number of times he looks to off-load. I know its ironic I would prefer him to reduce his flair and skill, but I truely see a very very reliable domestic Prop Forward in David Gower.

Is anyone aware if he has signed for another club for 2011?

I have heard both Melbourne and St George are interested in Gower but not sure how reliable that info is

@Tiger Watto said:
Just read in the RLW he is signed to Dragons for 2011.

Wayne will probably make him an Origin Player in 12 months…

Well Beau Scott played Origin this year so it's not out of the question.

Latest posts

Back