Should laurie be brought back for the parra game?

He doesn't deserve a call up at the moment. There are others who bust their ass each week and haven't got a look in for first grade, I'd hate to see them passed over again for the sloppy efforts Daine has been putting in lately.

@Gobbs said:
Nope. He's too much of a liability and a risk at the best of times, let alone in an important do or die clash against Parra. Give Schirnack, Mataka or Akeripa a crack. All players have are a head of Laurie on form and dedication. They wouldn't let anyone down.

I'd be happy to give Mataka a go but he's injured at the moment. Akeripa might be worth a shot, but what are the chances of anyone in State Cup, other than Schirnack being called up?

@stryker said:
no way - he is a liability in defence

Stryker,

Not only do I dig your name, I dig your Avatar big time. Great album dude.
\
\
Rock on brother.

BB

when laurie came onto the scene, everyone loved him. he does 1 thing wrong (dropped the ball with no one infront of him) n now everyone is drilling him. that game he also got penalised for a late hit on a kicker which was the worst decision n was only given coz it was him that did it. any other player it would have been play on.
i do not see what he has done so wrong. bring him on for 10-15 bursts for impact n get him off again.
when he has played, he gets so tired from continuously running as a decoy. the amount of times he is charging through n then gets cut out is ridiculous. i feel sorry 4 the bloke. he is a confidence player and everyone should be encouraging him instead of kicking him when he is down. he has the ability to become one of the most destructive players in our game and we should be thankful he is in our team.
if he was to be selected, i would not have a problem with it. if not then im sure whoever does will get the job done.

I would bring him back only if there were injuries & it looks like there are.
He was one of our best last time around so why not.It will only add to the spectical when they continue there duel

@willow said:
@Gobbs said:
Nope. He's too much of a liability and a risk at the best of times, let alone in an important do or die clash against Parra. Give Schirnack, Mataka or Akeripa a crack. All players have are a head of Laurie on form and dedication. They wouldn't let anyone down.

I'd be happy to give Mataka a go but he's injured at the moment. Akeripa might be worth a shot, but what are the chances of anyone in State Cup, other than Schirnack being called up?

<big>0</big>….There is no way I would want Laurie to come back in for such a crucial game.....

If Payne and Skando are out....It should be Schirnack for Skando and Mataka/Dwyer/Akeripa in that order for Payne....Galea to start and Payto of the Bench as the first prop rotation

The way the pack and benchies have been going...... Laurie would be lucky to get 5 mins....

@Geo. said:
If Payne and Skando are out….It should be Schirnack for Skando and Mataka/Dwyer/Akeripa in that order for Payne....Galea to start and Payto of the Bench as the first prop rotation.

No, this was the problem a couple of years ago. We kept picking second rowers to play in the front row. Mataka/Dwyer/Akeripa are all good players in their own right, but none of them are front rowers. If Skando is out injured, we bring in the next best prop in the club. If that player is Daine Laurie, then so be it.

@Captain Awesome said:
@Ice-Tiger said:
Yes, for the injured Payne.

I read an article last week saying Halatau is ahead of schedule and could be back for the Parra game. I wouln't be suprised if he comes in for Payne

Well replacing crap for crap.. At least it will be a breath of fresh air.

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@Geo. said:
If Payne and Skando are out….It should be Schirnack for Skando and Mataka/Dwyer/Akeripa in that order for Payne....Galea to start and Payto of the Bench as the first prop rotation.

No, this was the problem a couple of years ago. We kept picking second rowers to play in the front row. Mataka/Dwyer/Akeripa are all good players in their own right, but none of them are front rowers. If Skando is out injured, we bring in the next best prop in the club. If that player is Daine Laurie, then so be it.

Trouble is Laurie is lightyears behind the next best Prop in the Club….ATM Betham, Stolk, Asa, Gower (and He's a backrower), Schirnack, Woods and A Fafita would all be ahead of Daine Laurie......As far as attitude, commitment, guts and probably talent goes....

Payto goes better in tight and Payne's a backrower so can see no problem replacing him with one.....

I have a feeling the Bench and the way it's used may well decide the outcome....

did you just say "payto goes better in _tights_" geo?! ; )

seriously, though, i think it is a huge shame the great daine cant get his head right. apart from the issues, he is obviously an exciting prospect and it saddens me to see what looks like a kid with the world at his feet walking away from it.

i certainly dont think at this stage i would bring him back as it would only be rewarding mediocrity and would be unfair to the guys who deserve it and would give it their heart and soul…

@Balmain Bug said:
@stryker said:
no way - he is a liability in defence

Stryker,

Not only do I dig your name, I dig your Avatar big time. Great album dude.
\
\
Rock on brother.

BB

sheesh! get a room you two… :laughing:

@Captain Awesome said:
@Ice-Tiger said:
Yes, for the injured Payne.

I read an article last week saying Halatau is ahead of schedule and could be back for the Parra game. I wouln't be suprised if he comes in for Payne

He better not be named. Too many weeks out injured with the knee and he'll be steamrolled in defence by the Eels pack.

We were outplayed in the forwards against Easts,& also Manly in the second half,which suggests we may not have the ammo upfront with the current pack to win the comp(thing VERY forward).
Weve got plenty of "workers"in the reserves,& Laurie is worth the gamble to add a little impact & penetration to our line bending.

Back