Should laurie be brought back for the parra game?

@clontarfkid said:
We were outplayed in the forwards against Easts,& also Manly in the second half,which suggests we may not have the ammo upfront with the current pack to win the comp(thing VERY forward).
Weve got plenty of "workers"in the reserves,& Laurie is worth the gamble to add a little impact & penetration to our line bending.

Totally agree 100%, no shadow of doubt…..we need a Laurie type figure to nullify Fui-fui's explosiveness. People seem to have forgotten the points decsion he got over him 6 weeks ago .As far as his fitness/ stamina is concerned , just use him in shot sharp spurts . God , if Teflon only used Morris for 20 odd minutes, surely Laurie can muster that!

@clontarfkid said:
We were outplayed in the forwards against Easts,& also Manly in the second half,which suggests we may not have the ammo upfront with the current pack to win the comp(thing VERY forward).
Weve got plenty of "workers"in the reserves,& Laurie is worth the gamble to add a little impact & penetration to our line bending.

100% Agree, good post!

@Snowy said:
@clontarfkid said:

100% Agree, good post!

i disagree.

i think our pack is good enough without him and at this stage the mindset of the team is great and shouldnt be compromised. from all accounts, as much as id love to see him in there, he just doesnt seem to deserve it and just because someone played well 6 weeks ago or whatever against a particular team doesnt mean he gets a free pass to play whenever we play them again….

@Muffstar said:
Did he play in State cup this weekend, if so how'd he go ?

MATE ,HE IS PLAYING DREADFUL.i attend all magpies games and wouln't be surprised if he's not picked in the future for the magpies state cup side..Now thats how bad he's going…

Have seen him in two recent Magpies games. He has no pulse atm :frowning:

@tiger3 said:

Trying to get himself turfed out of the Tigers perhaps?

Regardless of how he`s performed in the last couple of games for the Magpies, Daine should be let loose against the Eels. The Eels always try and brutalise us and normally succeed, we need Daine`s aggression if he`s available for selection !

I must be a cruel cynic or have missed many games but what real value has he had this season? and to replace one of our current stock of improving players?

If Payne or Skandalis are out I would bring in Laurie. If their both out, Schirnack too.

I know Laurie hasn't played too well in State Cup but lets get serious, a finals spot is on the line and this bloke played great against this side last time and we finally beat them. He could be great. If he doesn't work out, he gets less minutes.

Why reward mediocrity. Really, the bloke deserves what he puts in, no more. His form has bee all hairstyle.
End of rant…... :smiling_imp:

no way…...
he is an imposter...... cant catch, cant tackle, cant concentrate and a lazy defender, parra will have a feild day running at him...
id rather play shirmac/ dywer or the other kid we blooded this yr

We have more impact in our backline than 1/2 the nrl sides put together so we dont need the big DL for impact off the bench, what we need is strong alert defenders. Parra will be snipping up the middle all day with inside balls to the likes of Haynes. We looked vulnerable at times against the Sharks to the same ploy and Parra a light years in front of the poor old Sharks. We need a bench full of strong defenders with plenty of discipline in their game.

@tiger3 said:

Not sure re the comments on this thread (like this one) about Laurie not putting in the effort. I watched him at Henson against Newtown two weeks ago and thought he was one of the Magpies' best. He contributed to a lot of the attacking raids made by the Magpies though his offloads. Newtown did their best to shut him down as he was a constant threat. He played around 70 minutes as well which showed to me that either his fitness was improving or Sheens had told Leo to leave him out there for as long as possible.

I am reading on this thread that he has come off the rails and not putting in the effort, from what I saw at Henson 2 weeks ago, that could not be further from the truth.

WHy is everyone so negative towards Laurie, yeah he has done a few things wrong, so what, he brings aggression, great runs, and also if he tackles well, puts on some big hits. From what:

@Gary Bakerloo said:
@tiger3 said:

Not sure re the comments on this thread (like this one) about Laurie not putting in the effort. I watched him at Henson against Newtown two weeks ago and thought he was one of the Magpies' best. He contributed to a lot of the attacking raids made by the Magpies though his offloads. Newtown did their best to shut him down as he was a constant threat. He played around 70 minutes as well which showed to me that either his fitness was improving or Sheens had told Leo to leave him out there for as long as possible.

I am reading on this thread that he has come off the rails and not putting in the effort, from what I saw at Henson 2 weeks ago, that could not be further from the truth.

From what Gary has said sounds like he has picked up his fitness levels, if so he should be given a chance to show you guys what he is made of. I for one would love to see him out there on Friday because he brings character to the team as well as an aggressive nature, most of our fowards don't have and that is what we need on Friday, because Parramatta are going to try and bash us off the park! Juust give the kid a chance!

He still has not broken the habit he has of slowly jogging back to the line with his back to the defence befind the markers. We get killed when he does that. Someone needs to get that junk out of his game before he is a real option for mine.

If he is picked I really hope he makes me eat those words though

Gotta agree with the above, he is crap off the ball, looks lost. With ball in hand he can be dangerous but also a big risk. I dunno wouldn't mind seeing him there but he would need to have it drummed in to him re: discipline. Last thing we need is to give Parra any extra momentum through penalites.

His fitness level is low at the moment. He is playing big minutes for the Magpies and is struggling to keep up with the pace at that level at times. Limited impact when running up the middle, but has caused some havoc when running out wide (this hasn't been much though).

If he is used at NRL level again it will have to be in short spurts off the bench and defended wider off the ruck imo.

Back