Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

George Williams might be THE target, but personally, I'd like Blake Taafe added to the squad...

Blake Taafe would be a great replacement for Laurie who seems on the way out. A back up 1 with genuine upside to possibly grow into a good 6, maybe 7. Also tough enough to play the 14 role. He would be a great squad member.

We all want to sign big names and classy players, but the reality is it's hard, so we need to take younger guys who have shown something and are hungry for an opportunity. Taafe fits this. So does Connor Tracy and Dean Hawkins. Also Trindall, but he is locked up for years.

I thought Taafe deserved first crack as Adam Reynolds replacement with his effort filling in for Latrell, but I believe he said he isn't ready to be an NRL 7. I would be curious to know what part of his game he believed wasn't ready, and if that thought has changed. He seems to me to have the attributes. His running game as a 7 would be great, he has a nice ability to engage the line and throw a good ball. Has a good boot on him, so I'm sure his kicking game would be good with hard work. The only unknown I guess is his voice and ability to push the team around taking right options. Which obviously is what we are craving. He seriously could be a good 7 if he has the confident personality required.

Trying to think as Tim Sheens given he has publicly said we are after an experienced playmaker. If we miss out on George Williams, it wouldn't surprise me if Tim/Benji negotiate with their old pal Todd Payten to release Chad Townsend from the last year of his lucrative contract at the Cowboys in 2024 (reportedly $700-$800K).

My reasoning:

- Sheens/Payten have dealt with player transfers in recent times (Luciano) & you would think have a strong mutual respect from the '05 premiership days.
- We could take on his 2024 contract & extend another year making it attractive for Chad (at the backend of his career).
- Cowboys have a future spine in Chester - Dearden - Drinkwater - Robson.
- Chad will be 33 next season but still delivering in key stat areas this season. He is from Sydney originally.
- For leadership & experience for 2 seasons, would be as good as any:

Thoughts???
Would make more sense than M Pearce .

Instead of looking for a half back full back etc we need to learn to tackle we leak points like a sieve at start of every game then have to chase them which puts pressure on the half's so maybe some defensive work might go along way to freeing up the attack
Boys need a Tommy slap to wake them up ready to go from the kick off

Wouldn't mind bringing Aiden Sezer back from UK if we are looking for an experience half. Only 31, 85% goal kicker and originally from Bankstown so a sydney local.
Austin and Sezer would be great. Really can’t believe we let Austin go. The guy is a gun. Certainly backed himself. Brooks has never looked confident ever. The guy has made a career from his school boy highlights and playing well as a junior.

Sezer and Austin have that dog in them that we crave.

Austin and Sezer would be great. Really can’t believe we let Austin go. The guy is a gun. Certainly backed himself. Brooks has never looked confident ever. The guy has made a career from his school boy highlights and playing well as a junior.

Sezer and Austin have that dog in them that we crave.
Sezer & Austin, for all the 'dog' in them, chose to move to the UK in the height of their powers. Not exactly career advancement. I question if they have the fight in them to make a go at the Tigers really worthwhile.

Back