Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I have no personal feeling towards him,i have said many times that he was the right person to come to the club when he initially did but by the time he was sacked it was overdue.If anybody seems to have let personal feelings cloud their judgment it would be you as you don't seem to see ot are happy to ignore the massive amount of damage he did to our club.
I think I've made my point clear after repeating it 3 times but the club has been a lot worse since he left.

Generally it's stupid to sack someone without a better replacement.

Need to offer overs for both Leniu and Martin. Staines I am neither here nor there.

If Penrith are baulking at 550k for Martin, we need to come in 20-25% more at about $750-800k for him to consider us. (He is not coming for slightly more people)

Lenui
Korisau
Stefano
Papaali
Blore
Martin

Actually looks like a half decent pack.

If you only take into account our position on the table, we may have been better in the short term but he was a major part of the long term pain to follow. His, and the club's letting him, over-spending put us in financial difficulties and the long years of suffering that have followed. Sheens was directly resonsible for the stupid decisions that followed but he played a huge part in the initial stuff ups.

I wish I had your blind faith but God is not real, neither is the messiah Sheens. He was a bad boy and may still be so.

Like I said I'm not interested in people personal opinion in sheens.

The mess of the past 10 years is not on sheens.

Last edited:
If you only take into account our position on the table, we may have been better in the short term but he was a major part of the long term pain to follow. His, and the club's letting him, over-spending put us in financial difficulties and the long years of suffering that have followed. Sheens was directly resonsible for the stupid decisions that followed but he played a huge part in the initial stuff ups.

I wish I had your blind faith but God is not real, neither is the messiah Sheens. He was a bad boy and may still be so.
Do you know for fact that god is not real. Oh yee of little faith

The Bulldogs are circling Crichton as a potential fullback, while the Eels are lining up Martin, who has been in talks about a four-year extension at the Panthers.

Martin has been in negotiations with the Panthers for almost three months, but Penrith is baulking at the hard-running backrower’s asking price of just over $550,000 a season.

Panthers pair Staines and Leniu have also been linked with moves at the end of this season – and Wests Tigers are circling the pair.

Staines is expected to be part of a player swap with ex-Panther Tyrone Peachey once the grand final is over, while Leniu could be moved on because of Penrith’s tight salary cap.

The Dragons discussed making a play for Leniu, but have so far opted against it. (DT)
Even when taking into account the 100K Tigers tax, no reason we can't blow that offer away with at least 650K-700K. A Martin-IP back row would be lethal and arguably our best ever.

Why are we not trying to sign Martin is the big question.. 550k is a steal for a SOO player.
We have cash to burn and I would offer 650k just to at least make others increase there offers.
I’d prefer Martin over a busted Bateman and we don’t have to pay $350K transfer fee for Martin.
Get it done Sheens of Bunji or whoever is in charge these days.
Please just keep Pascoe and Lee right away from negotiations.

Need to offer overs for both Leniu and Martin. Staines I am neither here nor there.

If Penrith are baulking at 550k for Martin, we need to come in 20-25% more at about $750-800k for him to consider us. (He is not coming for slightly more people)

Lenui
Korisau
Stefano
Papaali
Blore
Martin

Actually looks like a half decent pack.
If Penrith are Bulking at paying 550k for an origin backrowever. Just how little are they paying Leniu and Leota?

Im not sure we should be chasing Moses? In 2017 we offered him $3m for 3 years, then he told us the off field circus was a joke and took $750k pa at Eels. I think we already have enough of this DNA in Benji, Tim and Robbie, all of whom will see the red flags of a repeat a long way off.

Im not sure we should be chasing Moses? In 2017 we offered him $3m for 3 years, then he told us the off field circus was a joke and took $750k pa at Eels. I think we already have enough of this DNA in Benji, Tim and Robbie, all of whom will see the red flags of a repeat a long way off.
We never offered him anywhere near that much

Back