Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The rumours of Woods returning had me in shock. The way he left us years back was totally a disgrace and I personally would find it very very difficult to cheer for him. Surely I can’t be the only one…

The club is finally heading in the right direction, recruitment are doing exceptionally well. Why go backwards with this 1 signing. Brain Explosion.

Woods is dead to me.
I watched Woods quite a bit last year. No he is not the very good international player he used to be,but he shores up the middle defence. Not many of the big boppers run over him. Also his big frame takes it,s toll on the opposition defence. Also he does have an offload which is as rare as rocking horse shit in our side. For 1 yr on low dollars, a smart move.

If you are going to offer/sign players to $800k-$900k a year contract's you need to have plodders on minimum wage to average out the salary cap. Most of these players rarely play first grade. I'm no fan of Woods but if you can get an ex-Australian rep to fill a minimum wage role and that helps you offer someone else $800k - go for it.

The rumours of Woods returning had me in shock. The way he left us years back was totally a disgrace and I personally would find it very very difficult to cheer for him. Surely I can’t be the only one…

The club is finally heading in the right direction, recruitment are doing exceptionally well. Why go backwards with this 1 signing. Brain Explosion.

Woods is dead to me.
There's a good reason that bears shit in him.

I agree re Woods. He was captain - imo what he did isn't forgivable nor was it a mistake. It was a deliberate action. He and the other traitors knew the damage they were inflicting on the club.
What ! Because himself and the other players were smart enough to get better deals, and leave a floundering mis- managed club. This is not 1960, How many top clubs bar Penrith have more then 2 or 3 that come through their juniors ? Loyalty to yourself and family and $ is what matters.

If you are going to offer/sign players to $800k-$900k a year contract's you need to have plodders on minimum wage to average out the salary cap. Most of these players rarely play first grade. I'm no fan of Woods but if you can get an ex-Australian rep to fill a minimum wage role and that helps you offer someone else $800k - go for it.
I’m guessing its the amount of $$ as to why no club has signed him for 2024. Newcastle would only let him go for 2023 if they need the cash to sign someone else. It sounds like Bateman is a good chance of being signed to the WTs for 2023. Hopefully we get both Klemmer & Bateman. Woods maybe for front row depth. I’d put J’offa, Steph, Pole, Twal all ahead of Woods. Still can’t have too many props as injuries happen and those that take the field need to be fit.

Last edited:
What ! Because himself and the other players were smart enough to get better deals, and leave a floundering mis- managed club. This is not 1960, How many top clubs bar Penrith have more then 2 or 3 that come through their juniors ? Loyalty to yourself and family and $ is what matters.
I have no problem with someone getting a better deal (if in fact he got one) but I do have problem with the way it was done.

LOYALTY- What a load of crap! This is a professional game, and the good sides drop players at the drop of a hat ! Very few play to 30 yrs of age, many have wives and children to support for the next 40 yrs. Only a fool would not take the maximum he can get. Sure players like Gallen and Pierce were one club players,but they are a minority, also the money in previous years was't great.
It's sad to see ex - players getting their heads punched in, trying to make extra $$$.

Last edited:
LOYALTY- What a load of crap! This is a professional game, and the good sides drop players at the drop of a hat ! Very few play to 30 yrs of age, many have wives and children to support for the next 40 yrs. Only a fool would not take the maximum he can get. Sure players like Gallen and Pierce were one club players,but they are a minority, also the money in previous years was't great.
It's sad to see ex - players getting their heads punched in, trying to make extra $$$.

The players might not be loyal any more, but the fans are. Shit on the club and it's fans and you'll cop it.

Back