Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459324) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459277) said:
What happened to this supposed mass clean out from the bulldogs ? There was no need to make Lewis a scapegoat when he was already off contract.

Think Elliott has a few more days to respond to his breach notice. As for any others, can't see anything happening until season is over and they do the "review" like all clubs

I can't see any means through which they can sack him. He's not a serial repeat offender like some players have been. He's a moron, sure, and likes playing with other people's junk, but not sure you can sack him for making out with someone in the toilets. Fine and suspension possibly.

@mike said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459107) said:
@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459094) said:
![Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 9.31.35 am.png](/assets/uploads/files/1630366361339-screen-shot-2021-08-31-at-9.31.35-am.png)

![E933jHQVcAcbnCk.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1630366389783-e933jhqvcacbnck.jpeg)

Why do I always see Dudley Do-Right?

Gebbies future partner

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459371) said:
What happened to this supposed mass clean out from the bulldogs ? There was no need to make Lewis a scapegoat when he was already off contract.

Think Elliott has a few more days to respond to his breach notice. As for any others, can't see anything happening until season is over and they do the "review" like all clubs

I can't see any means through which they can sack him. He's not a serial repeat offender like some players have been. He's a moron, sure, and likes playing with other people's junk, but not sure you can sack him for making out with someone in the toilets. Fine and suspension possibly.

They will find a way... Gould will work his magic

@jadtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459369) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459367) said:
@tiger-tarl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459343) said:
Highlights from Castleford Tigers vs Wigan Warriors for anyone interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqNbCELrHHQ

What a poor quality game that looks like. The attack and defence pretty uninspiring.

Agreed.if they where the highlights i would of hated to have watched the whole game.

I wouldn't be getting the Castleford Tigers goal line defensive coach..

Wow the standard is very ordinary, neither would beat my local state cup side Newtown.

@enmoretiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459432) said:

Wow the standard is very ordinary, neither would beat my local state cup side Newtown.

No chance, I know Aussies love to look down on Super League, but Wigan (or St Helens, or Leeds) would seriously blow any state cup side off the park.

For example, they are second behind only the Sydney Roosters in world club challenge wins, ahead of Melbourne. Wigan beat Cronulla convincingly in 2017, and put in a good show against the Roosters in 2019.

The bottom Super League clubs like Leigh or Salford probably wouldn't look out of place in State Cup, but the top 4 or 5 sides would compete in the NRL.

MCK has been selected again , that may upset some , maybe it’s a send off before his so called signing with Rabbitohs

@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459476) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459462) said:
Zac Lomax dropped for saints hmmmmm

Broke his thumb

Smother :wink:

@jadtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459369) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459367) said:

What a poor quality game that looks like. The attack and defence pretty uninspiring.

Agreed.if they where the highlights i would of hated to have watched the whole game.

I watched it.
Yes …. very much defence oriented game played in forwards.
Both teams looked inside the ten most of the game but ref called 6 again very few times for offside.
Hastings played ok and Gillard also did reasonably well.
Was disappointed with Bateman as a creative second rower he was ordinary. His game has gone to rubbish and not just on that performance. So not sure that he would be our lock solution. He definitely left his best form at the Raiders.

In a statement released this afternoon, Canterbury confirmed that several players would be farewelled in Sunday afternoon's clash with the Wests Tigers.

Joining Napa and Hopoate out the exit door are: Lachlan Lewis, Nick Meaney, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Dean Britt, Chris Smith, James Roumanos, Brad Deitz, Watson Heleta and Kiko Manu.

Anyone keen of any of those players? 😂 Pretty sure the half decent ones have already been signed up like Atoni and Meaney

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459507) said:
In a statement released this afternoon, Canterbury confirmed that several players would be farewelled in Sunday afternoon's clash with the Wests Tigers.

Joining Napa and Hopoate out the exit door are: Lachlan Lewis, Nick Meaney, Renouf Atoni, Sione Katoa, Dean Britt, Chris Smith, James Roumanos, Brad Deitz, Watson Heleta and Kiko Manu.

Anyone keen of any of those players? 😂 Pretty sure the half decent ones have already been signed up like Atoni and Meaney

I think Meaney will be a hit at Melbourne, good pickup from them.

@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459521) said:

Anyone keen of any of those players? ? Pretty sure the half decent ones have already been signed up like Atoni and Meaney

I think Meaney will be a hit at Melbourne, good pickup from them.

Yeah he'll look good there

@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459410) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1459371) said:

They will find a way... Gould will work his magic

The law is the law. If they terminate him he'll take legal action and it will get messy.

They've laid their bed, time to lay in it. With whomever Elliot decides to share it with

James Roumanos 🇱🇧

Back