Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not sure how long Pole is locked in for but if it was me it would be for at least 4 years , he is going to be an absolute gun , lock him up big time , seems to be really enjoying footy , that’s when we should strike up a solid contract , not sure his worth in dollars but would love to hear what other think if he was ready to sign a deal for 3 or 4 years , me I’m in at $ 550 x 2 years then $ 600 , then $ 700 k.

He’d just be trying to get as much money as possible.

How can we afford AFB and Luai?
Well given we don’t have a million dollar player I don’t see how we can’t afford both. We have 25 spots filled in our 30 for 25 but not one of them will be on a million dollars or more. Obviously if we sign Luai he’ll be the only one who is but we would still have decent coin to offer AFB.

So AFB is looking to tour our facilities as well as Dogs and Dragons over the Xmas break.. What I find strange is apparently we are going to table him an offer and might be this week but clearly something doesn't add up as you would wait until he tours before offering a deal I would think.

Plans change. Glad we will put in an offer and not wait. Shows we are dead serious and keen

I would definitely question it. Momo is the more well rounded or technical footy player but Kepaoa is the better athlete. That matters a lot in today's game. I'd prefer Kepaoa in our squad compared to Momo. Momo isn't a first grader. Kepaoa is a borderline first grader.
You’d rather a crappy player bcoz he looks like an athlete than a more well rounded or technical player bcoz he’s not as athletic looking?

Reactions: 851
Been said plenty here over the last while....
The Hooker / Utility Should be one player!!
Leaves us room for more impact - In size or speed (I don't care - Just something)

Felt like we wasted a spot most of last season...
As much as think he's a mid level Player, We should have hung onto Nu Brown...
He'd have filled the role of Simpkin and AJ on the Bench - in one player
And done a better job than them both
(As well as covered in the halves or at lock)
yes agree - sorry meant to communicate that in my original message. With Api able to play halves though, feel you could just have a straight hooker such as Da SIlva or Simpkin and be fine in case of injury.

Thinking something like...

14. Twal
15. Seyfarth or S. Fainu
16. Da Silva
17. Kepoa

So AFB is looking to tour our facilities as well as Dogs and Dragons over the Xmas break.. What I find strange is apparently we are going to table him an offer and might be this week but clearly something doesn't add up as you would wait until he tours before offering a deal I would think.i
I can’t believe he is allowed to stay hear for so long , all players are back training with there clubs , seems weird he can stay longer much longer

The fat gronk is dirty Benji gets last call maybe on new recruits or who we move on , Peter Peters is and always will be an arrogant fat lard arse , I’m sorry but he never comes across as a nice person , he is not well liked outside of manly

Peters is not liked by Manly supporters either just like Bob Fulton was disliked by many Manly supporters.I have lived in the Northern Sydney Beaches for over 40 years and know many Manly supporters .Just because both are/was involved at Manly rugby league don't make the mistake thinking either are/were popular

Peters is not liked by Manly supporters either just like Bob Fulton was disliked by many Manly supporters.I have lived in the Northern Sydney Beaches for over 40 years and know many Manly supporters .Just because both are/was involved at Manly rugby league don't make the mistake thinking either are/were popular
Yes my old dad who has passed knew Bozo via the clubs he worked at doing his movies , Sunday movies and the like and he also said Bozo was also very arrogant person unless you were in the little circle of people , sad really as Bozo was a great player, just not well liked outside of the circle ,

Don't think popularity is a prerequisite for the job they do tho. Rugby league can be a dirty game

The fat gronk is dirty Benji gets last call maybe on new recruits or who we move on , Peter Peters is and always will be an arrogant fat lard arse , I’m sorry but he never comes across as a nice person , he is not well liked outside of manly
Yep - had to laugh where a poster earlier said he bumped in to him and Peters told him a story about Noel Kelly clocking him. The part i laughed at was where Peters reckoned he laid one on John Elford and sent him to La la land. The only way Peters would have laid one on Elford would have been a king hit which i wouldn't past the fat greek.

I would definitely question it. Momo is the more well rounded or technical footy player but Kepaoa is the better athlete. That matters a lot in today's game. I'd prefer Kepaoa in our squad compared to Momo. Momo isn't a first grader. Kepaoa is a borderline first grader.
Momo is just as fast as Kepaoa, a much better defender, more creative, more consistent. Ok AJ is a bit more powerful, but power alone isn't enough for first grade.

There's a reason Momo has won a few premierships and AJ is a fringe bench player for the wooden spooners.

Just some whispers around the club

- tupou’s management asking for a player option 3rd year, he also wants to make a move to the centers in the coming years, canberra not a real
option

- noffa has been offered to parra / canberra / melbourne / dolphins, i wouldn’t say there is no interest, but canberra might be our only hope, we would be paying considerable freight

Bulldogs sign Connor Tracey. The Bulldogs have now added Crichton, Taaffe, Drew Hutchison, Josh Curran, Jake Turpin, Jaeman Salmon, Poasa Faamausili, Bronson Xerri and Kurt Mann. How do they shift guys on haha & wtf we announcing some signings (Luai, AFB)
How many number 14’s (utility) players do you want in your
squad ?

1.Tracey
2.Taaffe
3.Hutchison
4.Turpin
5.Salmon
6.Mann

And probably all promised to be in the starting 17 for the start of the year. 😂😂

Just some whispers around the club

- tupou’s management asking for a player option 3rd year, he also wants to make a move to the centers in the coming years, canberra not a real
option

- noffa has been offered to parra / canberra / melbourne / dolphins, i wouldn’t say there is no interest, but canberra might be our only hope, we would be paying considerable freight
Surely we give him the 3rd year option to make it happen. Then offload Nofo

Other than the Panthers. In completely unrelated news, which team do you think has accomplished the most successful rebuild in the past couple of decades?
Would the Storm count, I mean after the salary cap rorting they still had a gun team, so excepting that what I mean is they lost Slater, Cronk, Smith and just keep filling their positions with players they invest time into and improve in their system. No doubt they aren't as successfull as they were but they just keep bringing guys in to do a job. Remembering also that they're spine of Slater, Cronk, Smith and Munster will go down as one of the best ever.
Maybe the Sharks after Ricky under Flanaghan. Not sure how legit they're cap was the year they won the comp though. From memory they were over the year before and the year after. So doubt they would count.
Imo undoubtedly the biggest rebuild and turnaround in past decades was us in 05. Sheens assembled a very handy squad and we came from nowhere we have never reached those heights again. At that time he did a pretty handy job of rebuilding the team he inherited from Terry Lamb.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back