Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Other than the Panthers. In completely unrelated news, which team do you think has accomplished the most successful rebuild in the past couple of decades?
I think the nature of the game has changed significantly to what it was a decade ago. Loyalty pretty much non existent. Young players very aware of the benefits of being associated with strong clubs rather than playing for their "junior" club. And for us as far as reputation goes - career wise - we have developed a rod for our own back that has had far reaching implications when competing for players against opposition clubs. The continued failure of our FG team has damaged the WTs brand let alone the performance of the admin to rectify it.
The Bulldogs as poor as they have been in recent times still manage to attract quality.
I think we have run out of steam when trying to sell a rebuild - why would any manager/ player buy it?
I hope Benji unearths something with the current crop and on top of that can jag Luai, cause too many off seasons of late have only produced false hope.

How about looking at Isaiah Tass from South Sydney for our centres .. ?? He could be forced out of the Rabbitohs backline now that they have to fit Jack Wighton inot their side. He goes alright and wouldn't be as expensive as some of the others we have been associated with in the papers by the so called League experts .. !!

all Wests tigers supported, administration and coaches “please don’t talk about recruitment to media”

Lee Hag on radio today: I will not be talking about retention other than to say that we are looking at Jerome Luai, he is a quality player, and yes you can assume we have made in offer.

Lol

Well thats closed lol

How about looking at Isaiah Tass from South Sydney for our centres .. ?? He could be forced out of the Rabbitohs backline now that they have to fit Jack Wighton inot their side. He goes alright and wouldn't be as expensive as some of the others we have been associated with in the papers by the so called League experts .. !!
great player and would love him at WT. there has been whispers Wighton could play in the back row tho, so he may be kept at Souths. i doubt Tass’ future gets resolved in the next few months.

1.Anthony Xuereb - never played for WT
2.Lipini Kaufusi - equal to AJ (better try scoring records, bigger and faster, equally poor defence+hands)
3.Lee Murphy - no worse no better
4.Peni Tagive - no worse no better
5. Jordan Rankin - a much better player than AJ

1.Garth Wood - never played for WT
2.Hassan Saleh - equal to AJ, better try scoring record.
3.Mahe Fonua - seriously? wtf thats just stupid
4. Nick Bradley - again has a far superior record than AJ, definitely not worse.
5. Robert Jennings - limited player, probable equal to AJ

1.Shannon McDonnell - limited player who still had a solid career. AJ still has to beat him, but has time on his hands
2.Ahmad Bajouri - i'll give you this one
3.Justin Yeo - never played for WT
4.Asa Milford - never played for WT
5.Ian Herron - never played for WT
i think you're taking a laugh here.

for a player who's had so many opportunities he just hasn't improved from where he was when he joined us. to me he can play the first half of the season in nsw cup as a second rower. Only move him up if we're absolutely devestated with injuries in the back row. otherwise give him time to learn the new position. If he's doing well and dominating then maybe he gets a run off the bench. If not, straight to the UK for him.

for a player who's had so many opportunities he just hasn't improved from where he was when he joined us. to me he can play the first half of the season in nsw cup as a second rower. Only move him up if we're absolutely devestated with injuries in the back row. otherwise give him time to learn the new position. If he's doing well and dominating then maybe he gets a run off the bench. If not, straight to the UK for him.

So now your changing the narrative? You said 5 games, now you talk about how many opportunities he has had. Which is it? I think you saw my list and realised AJ is no nowhere near our worst ever team, which is what the debate was. Being part of our current starting backline isn't the question here which you just tried to switch it to.

It's simple, AJ did not prove to be an NRL standard outside back last year, that I agree with. He did prove to show a glimpse of something as a backrower. And he has certainly proved to be better then all the players I listed, which elimates him from our worst ever team, which you and Tom claim he is a walk up start to.

He may not get us them. These players weren't established when they joined. But if he gets us the next versions of them that'll do as a bare minimum.

I'm fine with that as well. I'll wait until I see it though.

You are off your tree. I clearly stated at the start Balmain, Magpies and Wests Tigers. Read first mate

So AFB is looking to tour our facilities as well as Dogs and Dragons over the Xmas break.. What I find strange is apparently we are going to table him an offer and might be this week but clearly something doesn't add up as you would wait until he tours before offering a deal I would think.

So AFB is looking to tour our facilities as well as Dogs and Dragons over the Xmas break.. What I find strange is apparently we are going to table him an offer and might be this week but clearly something doesn't add up as you would wait until he tours before offering a deal I would think.
He’d just be trying to get as much money as possible.

How can we afford AFB and Luai?

I don’t mind Fulton, he can clearly find talented players if he found guys like Koula and Fainu’s but he can’t be given credit for finding Haumole

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back