Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tupou is worse. He is an awful defender. Staines might be on par.
Our wing stocks are shithouse.
Wrong - Nofa actively avoids attempting the tackle!

Staines puts his body on the line as evidenced when Montoya steamrolled him in the trial - while Tupou plays with effort that is something alien to Nofa!

He does not 🤣🤣🤣🤣
He DOES!!!

Watch the games - he literally creates overlaps that aren't there by running into no man's land between attackers!!

It is obvious to anyone with a genuine clue - and is a running joke in rugby league circles!

He DOES!!!

Watch the games - he literally creates overlaps that aren't there by running into no man's land between attackers!!

It is obvious to anyone with a genuine clue - and is a running joke in rugby league circles!
One on one, Nofo is a good defender. He can make an effective tackle. Decision making is his weakness, amplified by a lack of cover from inside.

He DOES!!!

You do not make it to the NRL and stay there for years if you refuse to tackle.
It’s a silly narrative.
Does he make poor decisions? Yes.
Does he get stranded 2-1 and made look foolish? Yes.
Does he actively refuse to tackle? Of course not. If he did, his team mates would flog him.

All our outside backs … perhaps with the exception of Staines… are below average …

Now Staines might be too… we haven’t seen enough of him yet … but I live in hope that he can be at least average…one of the few players with pace

Topou is terrible under the high ball… move him to the centres ..

At the moment … I’d be looking to Lobb to start as the other winger ( yep… another prayer Im throwing out there…) Supposedly Lobb is a great goal kicker and we could do with one of those …

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
You do not make it to the NRL and stay there for years if you refuse to tackle.
It’s a silly narrative.
Does he make poor decisions? Yes.
Does he get stranded 2-1 and made look foolish? Yes.
Does he actively refuse to tackle? Of course not. If he did, his team mates would flog him.
He can't learn - hence the demonstrably low IQ!!

He has been dropped serveral times due to this - and should NEVER have been re-signed!

He is a low arrogant bum who BLAMED his team mates for his defensive misses via SOCIAL MEDIA and they never "flogged him" then!

Why?

Because he has been Lee's fricking pet Koala!!

I do. He’s not a winger. Maybe that’s why he’s being shifted 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
"he's being shifted" is he??

Now you are stating Junior will be a centre in 2024 - with no inside info aside from some assertions here?

I doubt that myself!

And why has your narrative changed to Tupou is not a winger from the original BS that he lacked work rate and effort?

Hedging your bets on another losing argument!

However - Nofa is NOT an NRL quality player - regardless of position!

All our outside backs … perhaps with the exception of Staines… are below average …

Now Staines might be too… we haven’t seen enough of him yet … but I live in hope that he can be at least average…one of the few players with pace

Topou is terrible under the high ball… move him to the centres ..

At the moment … I’d be looking to Lobb to start as the other winger ( yep… another prayer Im throwing out there…) Supposedly Lobb is a great goal kicker and we could do with one of those …
Bula
Lobb
Tupou
T'oa
Staines

I don't think that's too bad if they get some ball from decent halves.

Doueihi is the slowest and worst lateral defender in the entire NRL and you want him at centre!!

FMD - shows me why you rate Nofa!

Rubbish - this is not basketball!!

It is a two-way game and EVERY player needs to have defensive proficiency to justify NRL selection.

Nofa's "runs on the board" are equally evidenced by the disproportionate number of tries scored AGAINST the Tigers on his wing!
Player 1-
79 tackles @ 83.2% 16 Missed
122 average game metres 1842m for 2023

Player 2-
86 tackles @ 79.6% 22 missed
127 average games metres 2162m for 2023

Player 3-
74 tackles @ 71.2% 30 Missed
148 average game metres 3127m for 2023

Player 4-
54 tackles @ 72% 21 missed
122 average game metres 2450m for 2023

Which is the best winger out of those 4?

Bula
Lobb
Tupou
T'oa
Staines

I don't think that's too bad if they get some ball from decent halves.

I think that’s close to the best they can do… and people still have to hope for the best that Lobb works out and Tupou can make the change to Center ….

Lets be homest through … its still the most ordinary 2,3,4,5 in the comp

Player 1-
79 tackles @ 83.2% 16 Missed
122 average game metres 1842m for 2023

Player 2-
86 tackles @ 79.6% 22 missed
127 average games metres 2162m for 2023

Player 3-
74 tackles @ 71.2% 30 Missed
148 average game metres 3127m for 2023

Player 4-
54 tackles @ 72% 21 missed
122 average game metres 2450m for 2023

Which is the best winger out of those 4?
Grow up little boy!!

I don't indulge in meaningless Fantasy football stats without context!!

I know how to watch the game and identify player talent or lack thereof!

And many of Nofa's non-tackles are statistical anomalies that do not get counted as missed tackles because he doesn't make any contact with the attacking player - just leaves a massive hole for them to run into!

3 of the 5 mentioned there are slower than a wet week. God help us if they are on the edge.

Wakeham embarrassed Fainu defensively last year
Using the game he made his NRL debut in, off the bench, playing centre to cover for in-game injuries, possibly isn't the best means test on his ability to play second row.

"he's being shifted" is he??

Now you are stating Junior will be a centre in 2024 - with no inside info aside from some assertions here?

I doubt that myself!

And why has your narrative changed to Tupou is not a winger from the original BS that he lacked work rate and effort?

Hedging your bets on another losing argument!

However - Nofa is NOT an NRL quality player - regardless of position!
Feel free to try and discredit both arguments if you like. I stand by both.

Back