Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Solomon is earmarked to play centre
What’s his rugby league pedigree? Given thats the most critical defensive decision making position, I’d be surprised if he starts there unless he’s got some experience.

Not to mention Tito, if you are signing a 27 year old Rugby convert, you want him to be an All Black. If all he’s done is play NPC his whole career, it’s not the level of player I’d be looking to poach.
He has played around 60 games of Super Rugby (Chiefs and Crusaders) no other Tigers current back, except Bulla, could even contemplate that.

I will reserve my judgement until I see him play

What’s his rugby league pedigree? Given thats the most critical defensive decision making position, I’d be surprised if he starts there unless he’s got some experience.
I don't know but lets wait and see what happens

Reactions: 851
There was an article a while back saying a few clubs were lining up to sign Solomon Alaimalo...

I don't follow union closely so had to watch the highlight.... impressed with what was shown.

Physically looks up to it, as well.
And that's a strong name.

Keen to see how he goes.

There was an article a while back saying a few clubs were lining up to sign Solomon Alaimalo...

I don't follow union closely so had to watch the highlight.... impressed with what was shown.

Physically looks up to it, as well.
And that's a strong name.

Keen to see how he goes.
Who knows what quality the opposition was in those reels. Having said that he looked athletic and classy and I’d have him as the leading candidate to back up Bula at fullback.

Who knows what quality the opposition was in those reels. Having said that he looked athletic and classy and I’d have him as the leading candidate to back up Bula at fullback.
Exactly.

I wouldn't know - don't follow union.
I am excited to see how he goes though.

Exactly.

I wish him all the best. But I won’t be shooting down our coaching staff when we’re struggling half way through the year with another bits and pieces roster that was predicted to run last.

Exactly.

Mate NZ Super Rugby is awesome to watch. The Australian game is boring as. Case in point, the Chiefs are a power house so to be playing on the wing or fullback you have to be awesome. Fullback is critical. I’m expecting him to be Bula good.

Mate NZ Super Rugby is awesome to watch. The Australian game is boring as. Case in point, the Chiefs are a power house so to be playing on the wing or fullback you have to be awesome. Fullback is critical. I’m expecting him to be Bula good.
I hope so bra.

Impressive highlights.

Naden and Staines spend much more time off the field then on it .Also not convinced Staines is top level . Any chance Olam ?
Note no mention of our recruitment manager/ manly insider 2 big recruits Fainu Bros
A lot depends on Sullivan and Sezer .If they fire alls well if not more of the same
No chance of Olam from reports as of now. Don't see Samuela (Second Row) jagging that spot from anyone else right now. We need first graders, our squad is very young right now and its probably for the best that we let them develop a bit more. As for Latu he may or may not be our starting 5/8 depends how he performs during pre-season. I could see him slotting into the 14 jersey here and there. But again still too young, but if injuries are anything to go by then by all means he will eventually get his shot.

He was playing against All Blacks, Wallabies
& Springboks when he was at Waikato Chiefs.
Most of the clips are from his time there...

He's was playing against All Blacks, Wallabies
& Springboks when he was at Waikato Chiefs.
Most of the clips are from his time there...
Then I hope he recaptures something like that form. I think we all remember signing Gildarts, former origin centres lol, rugby sevens players, former junior wallabies etc. in the past. Will give praise when it’s due.

No chance of Olam from reports as of now. Don't see Samuela (Second Row) jagging that spot from anyone else right now. We need first graders, our squad is very young right now and its probably for the best that we let them develop a bit more. As for Latu he may or may not be our starting 5/8 depends how he performs during pre-season. I could see him slotting into the 14 jersey here and there. But again still too young, but if injuries are anything to go by then by all means he will eventually get his shot.
Samuela will be on the bench. Didnt look out of place when he played NRL for Manly. Can cover middle and 2nd row

Back