Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Opportunity to play under Wayne Bennett would be interesting. But in saying that Dolphins would have to offer 1.5 million in order for Luai to go up to QLD

Isn’t Wayne leaving at the end of this season with Woolf taking over in 2025?

That means Luai wouldn’t get the opportunity to play under Wayne even if he signed with them.

Gould - typical egomaniac mind games. He is likely to pull it off though - with the Ciraldo/Penrith connection, and Laundy the icing on the cake.

Reactions: 851
He has shifted to Luai. I heard Luai met with Laundry for dinner on the weekend. Usual Bullshit of selling the Bullgrubs as a fantastic destination.
I had heard Luai's initial meeting with the Dogs was hopeless and that neither party were left enthused by what transpired. Laundy is typically Gus' way of getting players back to the negotiating table.

This thread has gotten so toxic. If you want to feel sad, this is the thread to come to.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting player 30 to be a million dollar player. He's a risk but it's in a position of need and it's only a 1 year contract from what I can tell so the risk is minimal. Let's see how he goes.
Straight up dick measuring contest on who appears the smartest or who can prove someone wrong, same with the Nofa thread too. I hope the signing of Luai is announced soon.

Last edited:
I just watched the Parra preseason video on YouTube called Parradise.
So much cringe, so many cliches in one video, it was hard to watch.
I'm prepared to write them off just on the crap that Brad Arthur and pretty boy Barrett spoke.

If you get Terrell you’ll most likely get Taylan too. I’d sign them both in an instant.

Either wouldn’t break the bank as well.
100%. AFB is a great player but he's hit his peak and is nearly 30. Also have to wonder is Tigers the club he can thrive in? He fits in well at the Warriors culture. Don't think he is what we need tbh. Our forward pack isn't in desperate need of him like the Bulldogs who only really have Max King whose best position is lock

Hey buddy … if they are going to buy a lottery ticket … I’m not gunna get excited about it..,

List for me the “any numbers of players” who have moved to the NRL with no RL background at 28 and have been successful…
Jonathan Davies, Scott Gourley were both over 25 when they switched, Solomon is 27.

Must really be getting all offers on the table asap to make a decision and then go into the 10-day period. So possibly at the earliest there is an announcement first working day after Christmas!
I think he's using our offer as a yardstick for what he can get out of other clubs. if we are indeed his preferred destination, he's definitely shopping himself around to try and milk more coin out of us before finally accepting the offer.

it feels like he is leaving, but where to I'm not sure. if he truly wants to play halfback and be the man then the Dogs and WT make sense. Redcliffe have Katoa who is the traditional 7 archetype. Penrith obviously have Nathan.

I had heard Luai's initial meeting with the Dogs was hopeless and that neither party were left enthused by what transpired. Laundy is typically Gus' way of getting players back to the negotiating table.
I reckon Luai had made up his mind to come to Tigers weeks ago but Black Money just doing what agents do and trying to get his salary up.

So let me get this right, if the master plan comes off ...

INCOMING Luia, Fonua-Blake, May brothers x 3
OUTGOING Douehi, Nofa, Blore, Klemmer & 1-2 others that we may not foresee
I can't see us landing the May brothers to be honest. I rate Taylan pretty highly but I reckon you're more likely to see Terrell head to Penrith if anything, especially if they lose Luai. he fills the Leniu role almost seamlessly.

I can't see us landing the May brothers to be honest. I rate Taylan pretty highly but I reckon you're more likely to see Terrell head to Penrith if anything, especially if they lose Luai. he fills the Leniu role almost seamlessly.
Are we even trying? It’s a waste of time talking about it if they aren’t even on our radar.

Members online

Back