Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't understand the Fainu recruitment $500 k a season and same for his brother .
If we have Sezer and Sullivan and possibly Luai . Why ?
Seems like the last great torpedo fired by Lee and Justin getting the Manly insider as chief recruiter . We have 240 pages correctly upset at a long standing winger with a bad attitude getting $500k .However little said about a kid who's never played NRL getting the same
Mate, in 2025 when Latu is a star tearing it up for the tigers week in week out I will truly be very interested on how you reconcile it with this relentless complaining about the Tigers signing a junior prodigy !! At some point Fittler , Lewis , Thurston , Cameron Smith Ponga had all not played first grade and been untested but the scouts saw something in them and signed them ..

Another thing with AFB going to Cronulla is he will be 29/30 in his first year, so 33/34 in his last year. Really big body that may not age well, could work out, but definitely a consideration at $1 mill
Actually he will be 32 at the time of the last game of that 4 yr contract

I went to training today to watch the guys run around. They were playing a full contact game with a referee. Looked like an "A" side full of first grade players and a "B" side of those battling to get into first grade. A few things I saw...

The A team had Lobb on left wing, inside Toupu at centre. Right wing was Staines with Toa at centre. Benji was playing in the halves and looked as good as ever.

Noffa was in the B team on the right wing. One of the few breaks made was done his wing and John Morris was yelling at him and the centre (not sure who it was).

Plenty of guys not training or training by themselves. Klemmer had a bad leg/knee and was noticably limping. Joining him on his walks around the oval was Twal who looked fine and Douhie, who later on was walking with ice on his left leg.

Api was just watching, but looked uninjured. Was practicing kicking goals from the sideline.

When they were doing their running drills, Ice, Naden and Sezer were the too loud talkers, trying to motivate the younger boys. Sezer looked good in the game too and was very talkative in both offence and defence. Naden was playing in the halves for the B team and did a decent job, wearing a pink bib, so wasnt allowed to be tackled.

Galvin, Feledy plus a couple of other young guys were just doing running drills. Latu Fainu and Jordan Miller were not training at all but looked uninjured.

Sullivan was training by himself doing wrestling and running drills.

I miss my footy :)

I went to training today to watch the guys run around. They were playing a full contact game with a referee. Looked like an "A" side full of first grade players and a "B" side of those battling to get into first grade. A few things I saw...

The A team had Lobb on left wing, inside Toupu at centre. Right wing was Staines with Toa at centre. Benji was playing in the halves and looked as good as ever.

Noffa was in the B team on the right wing. One of the few breaks made was done his wing and John Morris was yelling at him and the centre (not sure who it was).

Plenty of guys not training or training by themselves. Klemmer had a bad leg/knee and was noticably limping. Joining him on his walks around the oval was Twal who looked fine and Douhie, who later on was walking with ice on his left leg.

Api was just watching, but looked uninjured. Was practicing kicking goals from the sideline.

When they were doing their running drills, Ice, Naden and Sezer were the too loud talkers, trying to motivate the younger boys. Sezer looked good in the game too and was very talkative in both offence and defence. Naden was playing in the halves for the B team and did a decent job, wearing a pink bib, so wasnt allowed to be tackled.

Galvin, Feledy plus a couple of other young guys were just doing running drills. Latu Fainu and Jordan Miller were not training at all but looked uninjured.

I'm sick of Benji playing in the halves at training. This has to stop

Great summary.

Not surprised by Sezer. He is a leader.

They had to buy a megaphone for Brooks apparently and even that didn’t help. Also doesn’t help when he was saying can you kindly please shift to the left if it’s not too much trouble. Fraud.

A guy I know who is a mad dogs supporter recons they pulled the AFB offer because they had extremely strong mail they were getting luai and needed the funds to throw at him and couldn't juggle having them both. Don't know how true it is but really hope it is true, cannot stand Gus and would love for him to leave this with nothing but he's junk in his hand
Edit- this guy is a no body and has no real insider knowledge he just heard from a guy who knows a guy

Make of this what you will, some bloke on Facebook reckons it’s legit, even doubled down when challenged on it. So is this Luai or someone posing as him who wrote this

Personal experience 😳 what a shock the media and its expert fans have created & hyped up this drama about the signing of my contract. 🤔Now that it’s close to being done I can’t sit here and pretend it hasn’t affected me to a degree.
Imagine being in charge of a group of young men & go on to accomplish great achievements & become apart of the great culture and community for your Club. At some point you can’t keep all of us , but I came to you to tell you I have an opportunity to set myself and my family up for the future but then you turn your back on me and walk off & refuse to speak to me. But before all this you begged me to please stay 🙏 from a manipulative I mean an emotional point of view and now you cowardly sit there and watch all this unfold 🫡 if this was your own child mmmmm once again you are hard done by 🙄 I’m over it 😡 sick of this injustice bullshit. I’ll always be grateful for what you and the club have done for me, gives me an opportunity to give my family a better life I actually wanted your approval and thankyou but you made this bigger than it had to be. Walking out like you did on your previous club I’m not surprised.
If Jesus can love and help a prostitute then I wish you and your family a happy Christmas 🙏🫠

Benji. Morris also did it at sharks. Let's see if benjis coaching works before we come out blasting. I have coached sports and you can't do it all just talking

Needs to show he’s still got it.

I agree. It's an ego thing. I love Benji, and I'm excited by all the whispers about how players rate him. He has my support that's for sure. But if he keeps playing in the halves during training he will eventually annoy the players. Coaches stand back and coach. Yea maybe someone like him can get in and physically show a half something, but not actually "play" the entire role in a session.

Great to hear, thanks for the info, lets ho e that noffa stays in the b team hey..

Benji. Morris also did it at sharks. Let's see if benjis coaching works before we come out blasting. I have coached sports and you can't do it all just talking

I doubt Morris as head coach played in the halves at training for opposed sessions.

I agree. It's an ego thing. I love Benji, and I'm excited by all the whispers about how players rate him. He has my support that's for sure. But if he keeps playing in the halves during training he will eventually annoy the players. Coaches stand back and coach. Yea maybe someone like him can get in and physically show a half something, but not actually "play" the entire role in a session.
I’m sure it’s a pre season thing. I doubt he’ll be in amongst during captain‘s runs.

Make of this what you will, some bloke on Facebook reckons it’s legit, even doubled down when challenged on it. So is this Luai or someone posing as him who wrote this

Personal experience 😳 what a shock the media and its expert fans have created & hyped up this drama about the signing of my contract. 🤔Now that it’s close to being done I can’t sit here and pretend it hasn’t affected me to a degree.
Imagine being in charge of a group of young men & go on to accomplish great achievements & become apart of the great culture and community for your Club. At some point you can’t keep all of us , but I came to you to tell you I have an opportunity to set myself and my family up for the future but then you turn your back on me and walk off & refuse to speak to me. But before all this you begged me to please stay 🙏 from a manipulative I mean an emotional point of view and now you cowardly sit there and watch all this unfold 🫡 if this was your own child mmmmm once again you are hard done by 🙄 I’m over it 😡 sick of this injustice bullshit. I’ll always be grateful for what you and the club have done for me, gives me an opportunity to give my family a better life I actually wanted your approval and thankyou but you made this bigger than it had to be. Walking out like you did on your previous club I’m not surprised.
If Jesus can love and help a prostitute then I wish you and your family a happy Christmas 🙏🫠
Wrote it where?
Under what name?

Back