Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Maybe he views their roster as better than ours?

I doubt it…

I assume this is not some spur of the moment decision he has made to join the Tigers … no doubt he has heard “the vision” from Benji and perhaps by Richo now as well .. all the juniors waiting for his leadership …

He then makes the decision to walk away from his mates at the Panthers and join the Tigers … and then he is going to can that because the Dogs offered him less money?

It’s possible … but to me unlikely …

Maybe he thinks again if the Bulldogs offer more money …so until that happens …

I doubt it…

I assume this is not some spur of the moment decision he has made to join the Tigers … no doubt he has heard “the vision” from Benji and perhaps by Richo now as well .. all the juniors waiting for his leadership …

He then makes the decision to walk away from his mates at the Panthers and join the Tigers … and then he is going to can that because the Dogs offered him less money?

It’s possible … but to me unlikely …

Maybe he thinks again if the Bulldogs offer more money …so until that happens …

The leaks are coming from Penrith, they are playing games with us, with everyone. That's why Luai is dirty. It's very possible that it was the Dogs all along that he was going to and Penrith are driving a smear campaign that they are happy to drag us into.

Before anyone says I'm crazy, I have no doubt they hate us enough to do it. Ivan is one of the lowest humans in the game and will never forget how us fans treated him when he left. He is completely unaware of what he did to us and no amount of success will ever help him let his hate for us go. He is a sick human and Luai has just realised it.

I have no faith in us getting Luai until it's officially announced by the club.

This seems quite different to the Moses or Latrelle circuses, they were never seriously coming here, just using us to boost their price.
Whereas Luai has actually told his team mates he is leaving Penrith to come to the Tigers.
I feel like he definitely intends to come here, that could change if a bigger offer comes in, but I have a lot of confidence.

Where is the proof he said Tigers in that huddle? Not saying it isn't true, just that it's only media reports that I've seen, and Penrith are feeding the media on this.

The leaks are coming from Penrith, they are playing games with us, with everyone. That's why Luai is dirty. It's very possible that it was the Dogs all along that he was going to and Penrith are driving a smear campaign that they are happy to drag us into.

Before anyone says I'm crazy, I have no doubt they hate us enough to do it. Ivan is one of the lowest humans in the game and will never forget how us fans treated him when he left. He is completely unaware of what he did to us and no amount of success will ever help him let his hate for us go. He is a sick human and Luai has just realised it.

I have no faith in us getting Luai until it's officially announced by the club.

I dunno… the Dogs interest in him seems half hearted so far…just doing enough so they can tell their fans “we tried to get him”..

Penrith can drag their feet,,, but they are on the clock …

Anonymous internet guy doesn't fill me with faith. Hope it's right though. My conspiracy theory is gaining momentum in my own mind haha

This one is a bit out there mate,,,

Im sure the Tigers is his destination so far … although stupid rules don’t make it certain at this stage

I haven't mentioned the 10 day period. I've actually taken no notice of that crap
I too am feeling uneasy re Dogs..the 10 day BS just doesnt work for teams like us for players going in either direction
Weve given Luai a great shot.our offer is outstanding in both $$ and term
.Richo is the best club advocate we cld possibly get..
and Laundy has too much $$!!
Weve done all we can do...

It all seems strange how it’s unfolding right.
Everyone reported he told his team mates to do that the club would’ve known.

Today some outlets report he hasn’t formally communicated & also say the Panthers will void the 10 day period if he did.

It’s like everyone is playing a guessing game because things aren’t formalized.
I imagine the only holdup is when he moves. He seems pretty upset right now, he may want to leave but Penrith we know don't negotiate with leavers.

i'd rather we close the deal for 2025 now, and if he becomes available for 24 we can then make a second announcement. Like we did with Laurie a while back.

From the same story

Canterbury have verbally put forth their own five-year deal for Luai. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Panthers had yet to receive formal notice of Luai’s intention to sign with a rival club.
They put that offer to him weeks ago....

He had all the information from the various clubs offers when he made his decision.

The Panthers know he's leaving, he's told everyone at the club that. But if he wants to go now, and negotiations are ongoing about when he leaves that may be the only sticking point...?

Anonymous internet guy doesn't fill me with faith. Hope it's right though. My conspiracy theory is gaining momentum in my own mind haha
You need to calm those voices down brother. It's just a game and as many have said, Worst case he doesn't sign with us. If so, we move on. Lee and Pascoe are gone, that's been plenty for me to be happy about. Relax and enjoy Christmas.

Jarome Luai update!

Penrith had belief that Luai would accept the increased 3 year deal - as I posted on here earlier as Luai had notified the club that 2 years wouldn’t be enough.

Luai’s management throughout all discussions with every club has prioritised security informing all interested clubs he would want a long term deal to prise him away from Penrith.

We had offered a 4 year $4.8 million deal, Luai’s management had then approached the club requesting a 5th year and assurance that this would seemingly be enough to get a deal done after Penrith increased there offer by another year. Which prompted the club to then withdraw our offer for AFB and go all in for Luai.

Bulldogs were made aware that Luai was likely going to accept a 5 year deal from the club, and had contacted Luai setting up a potential 5 year deal of their own however on anywhere from 500-750k less overall. Luai is still mulling over this but seems extremely unlikely however still an option. One thing is for certain though, and that’s Luai won’t be at Penrith in 2025.

However, the expectation is that Luai will be announced as a Wests Tigers player within the next week, unless something drastic occurs as they’re finalising some minor details. Whenever Jarome officially signs, Penrith will waive the 10 day cooling off period and it will become official.

I also posted on here a couple of days ago even as headlines were claiming that Luai may be released early - that it will would NOT happen.

Word around town though is that it’s starting to get ugly between both Penrith’s higher ups and Luai.

Apparently Luai’s management had quietly told Penrith officials he had intentions to reject their deal at the start of a training session on Saturday with the expectation he had verbally agreed to sign with the Tigers but nothing was official yet, he was just informing them he will not be accepting their offer. Luai had then found out that Penrith leaked the news out to the media pretty much instantly before he had even finished training that he was coming to us, before anything was signed especially with the Bulldogs making a late push and it has caused some frustrations as Luai has already felt disrespected by not only Cleary’s comments about leaving to play 7 elsewhere as a risk, but also something that gets covered up is that Penrith had prioritised getting deals done for both Yeo and Edwards over Luai. Only offering him whatever they had left in the cap after those 2 deals were done.

The belief is Benji’s recruitment of Luai really resonated with Jarome, as Benji had recognised his strong leadership off the field and the family culture he brought to that Penrith side and how Benji is trying to translate that to this current squad. Promoting the idea of being our leader and 7 whilst also assisting to groom the highly regarded next generation coming through the ranks at the club. I don’t know much more as everything between Benji/Luai is kept pretty close to the chest, but I do hear Benji is dong a great job thus far.

One of my Penrith friends who works in membership at the club, had stated to me that Jarome is hands down the nicest person in the team and makes a really strong effort to make everyone feel together from all departments, setting the standards which everyone follows. First to put his hand up to help off-field, first to come in to training, first to greet everyone etc.

It’s looking like he’ll be a Wests Tigers player come 2025 - but this is Rugby League and until that ink is fresh on the paper it’s anyone’s game. In saying that, as Wests Tigers fans we should feel very good about our chances.

Not mail: but would be worried about a late Dragons bid with Amone being deregistered, missing out on AFB/Dearden as well. They need a big fish even more than us. However, also very unlikely.

Last edited:
Back