Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

mate, you heard anything about a late twist in the deal? ITK poster on Penrith's LU forums saying there's been some late developments. assuming Dragons in the wake of Dearden or the Dogs having one last crack. know anything?
heard nothing about it
the club has been so incredibly tight lipped about the process, all of the information is coming from penrith and them wanting to control the narrative

i would think it gets done and announced by friday

brother its a rumours page no need for an apology 🫡

also on the tupou front the deal with the dolphins is 3 year with a 4th as a player option capping out at 575k in the final year

tigers offered 3 year deal worth 300k capping 400 in the final year

the kid could be anything
wow that would be hard to knockback, good luck to him

mate, you heard anything about a late twist in the deal? ITK poster on Penrith's LU forums saying there's been some late developments. assuming Dragons in the wake of Dearden or the Dogs having one last crack. know anything?
Just got told a new "rumour" going around Penrith swap Luai for Burton...

lol reading some of these supposed theories on luai are laughable

a timeline

- told cleary himself, penrith tipped the media off
- has been given the week off to finalise deal and rest shoulder, as there had been some swelling
- he is on speaking terms with everyone
- he met with the club today, penrith will waive 10 day clause once its done
I hope to God we aren't dawdling with the submission. It would be just like us to wait till the final second to start drafting the contract

I couldnt see how Luai wouldn't be pissed at Ivan. His whole comments about luai being a risk at 7, could have directly impacted him and his family financially to a huge degree.

Really poor comments from a bloke who has personally benefited from luais hard work.
Cleary struggles to speak when he’s not getting his own way. It’s almost like his arrogance impairs him.

Examples; then.
When we beat them in Bathurst last year.
When we wouldn’t just release him from his coaching contract initially.

Just got told a new "rumour" going around Penrith swap Luai for Burton...
Where that is a risk is Penrith would take that swap and Laurie would get his big pay check in 2024 instead of 2025. Still think he will be with us but won’t believe it till it’s announced

Reactions: 851
Wasn’t that great signing, Finucine?? Remember people crying poor when we missed out. Dodged a bullet…
It was two odd choices at the time.

Finucane
TPJ

We went hard for TPJ and wanted him bad. Big unit who was very physical. Canterbury got him.
Sharks signed Finucane based off Culture and ethic. I did a double take as Cronulla had: Gallen, Lewis, Wade Graham, Matt Prior etc that seemed like older forwards who would instill culture.

As players. TPJ did nothing really special. Entered Origin and was quickly dropped.
Finucane as a player did not perform well either. Ok for a standard forward, laughable on the salary he was on. Yet what was Finucane's leadership at the Sharks like??

I don't know, but I suspect that Finucane added to the culture and helped keep a newer playing group together.

heard nothing about it
the club has been so incredibly tight lipped about the process, all of the information is coming from penrith and them wanting to control the narrative

I swear if we lose to dragons for luai..

heard nothing about it

Was thinking it was to be announced today........but no.

Possibly the delay is to create negotiations for 24.

Happy we are saying nothing so I take that as an affirmative if he chooses to come next year. The sheer fact our club has abstained from even a disingenuous we'd like Jerome to see out his contract with Penrith is a good sign for 24.

I like the noise coming from Penrith. :)

Last edited:
I went to training today to watch the guys run around. They were playing a full contact game with a referee. Looked like an "A" side full of first grade players and a "B" side of those battling to get into first grade. A few things I saw...

The A team had Lobb on left wing, inside Toupu at centre. Right wing was Staines with Toa at centre. Benji was playing in the halves and looked as good as ever.

Noffa was in the B team on the right wing. One of the few breaks made was done his wing and John Morris was yelling at him and the centre (not sure who it was).

Plenty of guys not training or training by themselves. Klemmer had a bad leg/knee and was noticably limping. Joining him on his walks around the oval was Twal who looked fine and Douhie, who later on was walking with ice on his left leg.

Api was just watching, but looked uninjured. Was practicing kicking goals from the sideline.

When they were doing their running drills, Ice, Naden and Sezer were the too loud talkers, trying to motivate the younger boys. Sezer looked good in the game too and was very talkative in both offence and defence. Naden was playing in the halves for the B team and did a decent job, wearing a pink bib, so wasnt allowed to be tackled.

Galvin, Feledy plus a couple of other young guys were just doing running drills. Latu Fainu and Jordan Miller were not training at all but looked uninjured.

Sullivan was training by himself doing wrestling and running drills.

I miss my footy :)
Thanks alot. This type of post is always appreciated.

the fact theres no announcement yet and philly phill posted about a luxury chinese meal, doesnt sit right with me… old man trolling or hes about to pull another one of his heists

the fact theres no announcement yet and philly phill posted about a luxury chinese meal, doesnt sit right with me… old man trolling or hes about to pull another one of his heists
First things first, the only acceptable word in describing Chinese meals is succulent

And secondly, yes, he’s trolling. Let’s imagine for a second this 10 day period is in full affect, he’s ours. Gus decides he wants to have one last dip at him (assuming he’s allowed), he’s not gong to publicise it by plastering it all over social media. It wouldn’t be over a succulent Chinese meal at a restaurant either. It would be well behind closed doors.

Back