Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Or he has a stack of Juniors for that position.

and his cap is locked up by Munster/Grant/Paps... Bellamy knows he needs to punt a player and he thinks that Olam is his best option to keep guys like Warbrick.

Cmon Bellamy let Cooper Cronk go, he let Dale Finucane go who had no issues with Performance or attitude at Melbourne.

We don't have a back anywhere near Warbrick's level. Bellamy's just doing what all NRL coaches with a tight cap are doing. Punting a highly paid player in a position he has a lot of depth!

Olam, exactly who we need as we have real quality backline issues and no depth at all.
Just confirming did he release Cooper Cronk & Dale Finucane from a contract or was their contracts up and they left for a bigger pay cheque ?

Where do you get your $425k figure from when $600k is what is being commonly quoted?

Just curious where you have got that figure from.

The $600k is Olam asking price to join us it’s an increase to what he is on. Basically the Storm would be covering close to the increased amount over the years.

Reactions: 851
Watched the highlights of the Q cup centre we are reported to have signed, Solomona Faataape, don’t usually get too excited watching those vids, as they are often against low level opposition. However, this guy looks to have plenty- attitude, speed, strength and skills. The only thing I noticed was there was no real footage of him in D which could be a weakness for him in the top grade. Hopefully we have a coach who can properly school him in D and he kicks on.

Last edited:
Watched the highlights of the Q cup centre we are reported to have signed, Solomon Taapaate (?), don’t usually get too excited watching those vids, as they are often against low level opposition. However, this guy looks to have plenty- attitude, speed, strength and skills. The only thing I noticed was there was no real footage of him in D which could be a weakness for him in the top grade. Hopefully we have a coach who can properly school him in D and he kicks on.
Few guys have gone from Q cup champions to first grade.

Tyson Gamble, Toby Rudolf, Nicholas Hynes even.

You referring to aerial threat?
Any sort of threat but particularly with the ball in hand. If the centre cannot beat a man the defence will just slide. Needs to be a very good decision maker. When to straighten, when to hit the inside shoulder, when to pass, dummy etc and that is before considering the defensive decisions

Few guys have gone from Q cup champions to first grade.

Tyson Gamble, Toby Rudolf, Nicholas Hynes even.

QCup used to crap all over NSW Cup....
Been the other way for a while now,
The Blokes that can't make it in NSW Cup, Head up to the QCup to get a gig with a job tied in
and make a few bucks while they can.

Not many blokes who are 23-24 come from Q Cup and even make a dint in First Grade...
Spoke to a mate at Easts about this new kid, Good with the ball he says - Cabbage in defence they say...

Can't be any worse than the Ressies centres we've been trotting out for what feels like a decade now
Surely?

Storm is apparently subsidizing $200k annually for the first two seasons. I guess he is averaging out the 3 year contract based on that.
Maybe I read it wrong, but I took it that he was saying that he was not ever on a highly paid contract and that Storm had him on $425k for the next 3 years all along and he was never at $600k as has been commonly reported on this forum.

My thoughts have been all along that if we were paying only $350-$400k a year it is not all that much of a risk for 2 years but the 3rd year is probably not that desirable unless it is a club option.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I took it that he was saying that he was not ever on a highly paid contract and that Storm had him on $425k for the next 3 years all along and he was never at $600k as has been commonly reported on this forum.

My thoughts have been all along that if we were paying only $350-$400k a year it is not all that much of a risk for 2 years but the 3rd year is probably not that desirable unless it is a club option.

$600k was a fictitious figure floated around
when there was talk he would come to Sydney,
$600k was what journos said would take 4 him
to move down here. Pretty sure the tele figure
is the right one, $475k for 3 years. If we could
get storm to chip for a year or 2 than even better

Latest posts

Members online

Back