Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s interesting how we tried to sneak Gi in.

He should have worn a hoody, sunnies and made loud animal noises walking in the car park on his way to the white elephant so as not to attract attention.

If he’s there at the members day, I’ll push Benji out of the way to get his signature.

Yep that tackle killed Taniela's career. Ben Smith would get six weeks for that these days - and rightly so.
As I recall I was at that match and Timmy past it to him instead of taking the tackle also in that match Bryce got done for dropping the knees into Luke Burt but the reply showed he completely missed him but Parramatta still got the penalty

As I recall I was at that match and Timmy past it to him instead of taking the tackle also in that match Bryce got done for dropping the knees into Luke Burt but the reply showed he completely missed him but Parramatta still got the penalty
Wasn‘t that a penalty try?

Wasn‘t that a penalty try?
I think it was and the Parramatta fans giving it to me in the box

But Benji and Hayne both on fire that night who ever won was going to make the 8 with momentum Parramatta made the GF

Reactions: 851
I think it was and the Parramatta fans giving it to me in the box

But Benji and Hayne both on fire that night who ever won was going to make the 8 with momentum Parramatta made the GF
Marshall’s flick pass around his back to put Ayshford in the corner was one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Yet Hayne’s arsey chip and chase where he was blessed to get a good bounce got all the headlines.

Last edited:
What are you going on about, I never once said we made the wrong call to punt Nofa, what I have said a number of times is that he is not the worst winger in NRL history as one poster keeps saying.
It was the right move to release him, but don't just make crap up and rewrite history to support a flawed argument
I agree,
but this was in response to you and those arguing with you...

Lets move on. Leave Nofa in our clubs history and lets leave him BEHIND.
Yea he scored some great tries, yea he sucked in other areas that costed us games... MEH

Can't wait though to see what Wingers our club unearths in the next few years. We always seem to find talent on the wing. I know Lobb is on the books, hoping we can get some really exciting line crossers.

Reactions: 851
Marshall’s flick pass around his back to put Ayshford in the corner was one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Yet Hayne’s arsey chip and chase where he was blessed to get a good bounce got all the headlines.

Weirdest thing,
We didn't make the 8 that year - But that side we had, and the comp that year
- If we had made the 8, We'd have been there or there abouts.
(Just had to beat the bloody Titans)

That Parra game was our GF though, Really pulled us up.
We had a better side than Parra, They had Hayne....
He was the difference in the end.

Losing Gallant and Tank over those few games late in the year killed us...

Take this with a grain of salt since it is coming from The Mole.

“But the youngster, labelled by those in the know as the next Nathan Cleary, has been fast-tracked into the top side at five-eighth following injuries to new signings Latu Fainu and Jayden Sullivan.

Galvin has been training in the halves alongside another of the Tigers' new buys, Aidan Sezer, and the pair have pleased incoming coach Benji Marshall.

Fainu and Sullivan may be fit for the kick-off in early March, but Australian Schoolboys star Galvin has been making such a good impression in the pre-season that Tigers insiders say the spot is his to lose.”
Ah...

Look, Galvin has some talent... Sure. But First grade is physically very tough and he is very young.
I don't want us to break him yet.

Would prefer him to get a run at the end of the year where our front row can position themselves to actually defend our halves a bit.

Weirdest thing,

Absolutely. Weird to say we were good enough to win the comp in a year we didn’t make the finals but it’s 100% true. I think the following two years proved that.

It was an amazing game at the SFS Aysford how good was he I have no idea how it all went to Sh.t for him was it just confidence he just lost it ?

Ah...

Look, Galvin has some talent... Sure. But First grade is physically very tough and he is very young.
I don't want us to break him yet.

Would prefer him to get a run at the end of the year where our front row can position themselves to actually defend our halves a bit.
That’s very sound.

Plus most sides will be presenting with injuries to key players who will be out or ginger.

The less impact on an underdeveloped body the better.

Tim had the mantra “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” ( meet the sloth).

One of his basket of beliefs that in the whole context of the season, didn’t go down too well. Not that many senior players were amped up either.

I’m not persuaded anyway.

My belief is as follows:

As to fitness etc, sides like the panthers will remain big, fast, strong and stoic thanks to superb conditioning physical preparation in continuum.

If I was Richo, I’d be looking very carefully at enticing their fitness etc people to come over. They are entirely across their brief.

They won their last grand final because most of them were still turning up.

It was an incredible physical performance as much as anything else.

Hopefully JL leaks their secrets like a sieve.

Last edited:
It was an amazing game at the SFS Aysford how good was he I have no idea how it all went to Sh.t for him was it just confidence he just lost it ?
I felt like he tried to bulk up and lost that little bit of zing he had.

Absolutely. Weird to say we were good enough to win the comp in a year we didn’t make the finals but it’s 100% true. I think the following two years proved that.

Weirdest thing,

I’ve thought that about our 2009 team as well for a long time. We matched just about every team in the beginning of the season and didn’t get the chocolates but mid to late season got it together and put some wins in a row.
That. Is the sort of team / momentum you’d like to see to give you confidence you could make the finals the following year.
Unfortunately as proven by our recent results. We are no where close to putting together another season like that.
Hopefully I’ll feel differently towards the end of 24.

@kade7 been a while since you have provided an update. Any guts? I assume no signings on the radar but anything about the make up of the team?

Latest posts

Back