Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The other 3 are all rookie coaches.
The one thing Bennett and Bellamy in particular appear to do better than most know how to man manage each player in their squad and keep them all motivated.
There is nothing to say a rookie coach cannot do the same, it comes down to personality, care factor and ego.
Many coaches choose to ignore players they believe are under performing or not contributing how they would like, the better coaches work even harder with these players to make them feel wanted, a part of the team and give them the motivation to work harder to get to where they need to be.

Bellamy has proven himself as one of the best coaches ( if not the best) coach in the game over the past 20 years … I rate him higher than Bennett over this period…

One of his strengths is that time and time again.. he has show that he can get the best performances out of past it or below average players …which is obvious when several have left to go to other clubs and cannot replicate the same form…

Comparing the ability of this Tigers coaching staff, including John Morris, to get similar results is very optimistic … if a player is getting moved on due to form concerns, then in my view given where our staff currently are, I don’t believe they should be targeting them..

re: Crichton, its obvious he has fallen down the ranks at the Roosters. They would probably not stand in his way if he wanted to leave...So I'd be offering him a 2 year deal, guaranteed starting 17 position and a mid size contract of not more than $400-$500k ...thats better than being #18 every week
That’s exactly how I see it.
Obviously if it was a chance to happen you would hope we do our due diligence to check there is no injury concerns or other issues that will prevent him from playing close to or at his best.
There are virtually no proven quality back rowers available anytime soon, so he could be well worth taking a risk on at the right price.
Rumours are he’s heading to overseas rugby, well you never know what could change his mind of you don’t ask.

re: Crichton, its obvious he has fallen down the ranks at the Roosters. They would probably not stand in his way if he wanted to leave...So I'd be offering him a 2 year deal, guaranteed starting 17 position and a mid size contract of not more than $400-$500k ...thats better than being #18 every week
Why would you offer him a guaranteed starting spot? You don’t offer that to anyone.

Why would you offer him a guaranteed starting spot? You don’t offer that to anyone.
If Angus Crichton plays anywhere from 80-100% of his ability then he no doubt starts for us.
The Roosters are stacked for back row options and are clearly not interested in him moving forward. Wests Tigers don’t have that same luxury.

That’s exactly how I see it.
Obviously if it was a chance to happen you would hope we do our due diligence to check there is no injury concerns or other issues that will prevent him from playing close to or at his best.
There are virtually no proven quality back rowers available anytime soon, so he could be well worth taking a risk on at the right price.
Rumours are he’s heading to overseas rugby, well you never know what could change his mind of you don’t ask.

Fantastic there's more than one bloke here who sees a player that could get a million+ in a number of places
coming to play for the spooners for half that....

I love fantasy football

Fantastic there's more than one bloke here who sees a player that could get a million+ in a number of places
coming to play for the spooners for half that....

I love fantasy football
Where’s his guaranteed million coming from ?
I realise overseas rugby has plenty of money to spend, but they are not just going to hand it out to anyone. He’d most likely play as a centre in rugby, what does he do better as a rugby centre than a thousand other players ?
As a back rower in league he still offers good, size and mobility, he can also be aggressive when he’s switched on.

Bellamy has proven himself as one of the best coaches ( if not the best) coach in the game over the past 20 years … I rate him higher than Bennett over this period…

One of his strengths is that time and time again.. he has show that he can get the best performances out of past it or below average players …which is obvious when several have left to go to other clubs and cannot replicate the same form…

Comparing the ability of this Tigers coaching staff, including John Morris, to get similar results is very optimistic … if a player is getting moved on due to form concerns, then in my view given where our staff currently are, I don’t believe they should be targeting them..
Yeah I feel the same...our coaches have enough on their plates with them all being inexperienced to having to work with a squad thats had no success at all the last few year bar winning two spoons

They dont need players with baggage on top of what theyre already having to deal with

If Angus Crichton plays anywhere from 80-100% of his ability then he no doubt starts for us.
The Roosters are stacked for back row options and are clearly not interested in him moving forward. Wests Tigers don’t have that same luxury.
That’s fine, but it’s not something you tell any player, not even Luai (though it’s kind of obvious he will be be in first grade). It’s a great way to strip a player of his hunger and drive. Especially at a club like this where we have a long history of players coming here to top up their retirement fund.

Reactions: BZN
Yeah Crichton would be very handy, and take the spot that Blore has left, or could occupy the 13 spot, either way 2 years at like $500-600k is cheap for a player of his class.
Have to say Sam Fainu has been very impressive in both trials, he walks a fine line with his aggression but he plays with a real fire in the belly, think we've jagged a good one there.

Yeah Crichton would be very handy, and take the spot that Blore has left, or could occupy the 13 spot, either way 2 years at like $500-600k is cheap for a player of his class.
Have to say Sam Fainu has been very impressive in both trials, he walks a fine line with his aggression but he plays with a real fire in the belly, think we've jagged a good one there.
I think all Fainu's may work out. Latu has undoubted talent and Sione seems to have taken a step forward from last year.

I think all Fainu's may work out. Latu has undoubted talent and Sione seems to have taken a step forward from last year.
Sione has played KOE with Wests, we know what quality players they have had in their squad!...surround him with better players and we saw him step up...Its hard to fly like an Eagle when you are working with Turkeys!

Sione has played KOE with Wests, we know what quality players they have had in their squad!...surround him with better players and we saw him step up...Its hard to fly like an Eagle when you are working with Turkeys!
A big transition in Sione’s body shape from last season to this season.
Last season he was regularly gassed after 5mins, he now looks much fitter and stronger and his work ethic has increased significantly.

Our back row depth sucks but we need to find some decent outside backs and figure out how to get them the ball before looking at the back row IMO.

If a quality 13 became available I would change my tune but half the NRL teams don’t even have one.
Tallis Duncan would start as our 13 right now, but we’d have to get him to skip training and go on a week long bender to be any chance of getting him out of his Souths contract early.

While we have low depth, Ice was second rower of the year at Parra and Bateman has been a top second rower for years.

The question should be asked why these guys can't perform at WT? We could sign the Australian second rowers and they'd lose 50% of their ability when they get here.

This is true for a number of positions and it's been a problem for many years.

He is unrecognisable compared to last year.
it's crazy. he'll debut this year the way he's going.

a lot of our boys look like they've cut a fair bit of weight. I'd anticipate they might stack a little bit on between now and R2 now that the bulk of the preseason running is over, but Moussa has definitely done a great job.

there's a lot of people who thought we looked underdone last week, but I actually think it's the opposite. the boys looked like they'd been flogged all week given we've got more time than everyone else before our first game.

I think any further signings for next season will be more about function than name recognition.

Luai will be a huge addition. I could see someone like Tass being a target to upgrade the outside backs, or missing him Reimis Smith, Meaney or Alamoti to beef up the centre ranks.

Winger has to be on the list. Cotric would be interesting. Turuvu will be of interest too. Tigers will need to add 1 if nobody from the current ranks grabs the spot for themselves.

Then either a lock or second rower that can defend. Stimson, Max King...or maybe the return of Luke Garner.

Given the volume of young players coming through, I can't see the club adding more than 3 more players from outside for next season.

Back