Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Western Tigers Mt Druitt but was picked up by the Rah Rahs and gifted a spot at Joey's and then trained as a Tah from 15 then signed as a Waratah at 16 - so whatever RL he played was well over 20 odd years ago and the game has changed a lot since then. For a start - we now have colour TV.
They played at North Ryde Hawks together...Im happy you have a TV

Does anybody think we should have a look at the possibility of signing Angus Crichton ?
I know he’s already rejected us, but he certainly now looks on the outer at the Roosters and he may have a point to prove.
Like any potential signing the cost would most likely be an issue, but if he wasn’t asking for ridiculously money he could be worth taking a risk on for 2024 and 2025.

Does anybody think we should have a look at the possibility of signing Angus Crichton ?
I know he’s already rejected us, but he certainly now looks on the outer at the Roosters and he may have a point to prove.
Like any potential signing the cost would most likely be an issue, but if he wasn’t asking for ridiculously money he could be worth taking a risk on for 2024 and 2025.
given our back row depth we'd be stupid not to look into it. Richo would likely have recruited him to Souths while he was there too.

three Chooks players in Egan Butcher, Connor Watson and Crichton can't even make the bench and would walk backwards into our side. although they are cheating in broad daylight at this point, we definitely need to be asking questions about their availability.

I’m sick of buying players where their current team donot want

By all reports he is unfortunately Cooked

He’s on the outer because he’s been ravaged with injuries and is going to union.

From what I’ve heard around the league - Fox is likely to end up on the market this year with all the dogs outside backs options 2-5 not including JAC:

Bronson Xerri
Jacob Kiraz
Blake Wilson
Stephen Crithon
Connor Tracey

They’re also in dialogue with the May brothers including Taylan. That may give you an idea on there thoughts about JAC as Dogs would let him go and might be active in that approach at some point in the season given there depth and his $.

Personally, I don’t think Fox has lost his speed and ability I still consider him an assist with his pace and experience. Absolutely nobody last year barring Jacob Preston looked good considering the talent on the field.

The year before he was scoring 4 tries for Australia and was considered one of the best wingers in the world and he’s only 28.

I think his experience with success but also on a side with Olam who have won competitions together - on a discounted price of course for about 375k and Dogs cover 75k-100 or around that region I’d welcome it.

Some experience as well to our fresh batch of wingers coming through in Lobb, Lualili and Willet. Think he still has a quality 2 years left in him and would add a lot of value and at not as costly as a figure as people may think.

I’d want Taylan tbh but seems likely Roosters may grab him with Manu looking like hist most likely gone and Suallili officially too.
I wouldn't be opposed to JAC in for the next 2 years & moving Tupou onto the Dolphins straight away.

Keeps us at 29 in the top 30.

Sign Angus Crighton from the Chooks to make 30.

Hopefully release Tumeth as well to free the spot back up.

I would like to keep Matamua & give him a crack at 13.

I wouldn't be opposed to JAC in for the next 2 years & moving Tupou onto the Dolphins straight away.

Keeps us at 29 in the top 30.

Sign Angus Crighton from the Chooks to make 30.

Hopefully release Tumeth as well to free the spot back up.

I would like to keep Matamua & give him a crack at 13.

If Matamua is playing 13, It will be in Ressies (At best)

He's done nothing in any grade in 3 years to warrant his hype here,
reinforced by him seemingly being overlooked by the coaches...

I'm actually a huge fan but he hasn't been the same since tbat mushrooms incident. I wonder if there's been some permanent damage which may have physical ramifications.

He’s on the outer because he’s been ravaged with injuries and is going to union.
Don't think the Western Force (who tried to sign him) won't be around and neither will the Rebels. The Brumbies and Qld won't sign him and the ARFU won't want another fiasco in the same year the Lions tour. If he's looking for another pay day he'll have to look at ESL.

It’s been Melbourne Storm’s successful formula for many years.
Other teams trash become their treasure.

The Storm also have the best coach in the League to get the most out of ”past it“ or average players they acquire ,,,the Tigers have rookie coaches

Compared to Bellamy yes …what about the other three Tigers coaches ?
The other 3 are all rookie coaches.
The one thing Bennett and Bellamy in particular appear to do better than most know how to man manage each player in their squad and keep them all motivated.
There is nothing to say a rookie coach cannot do the same, it comes down to personality, care factor and ego.
Many coaches choose to ignore players they believe are under performing or not contributing how they would like. The better coaches work even harder with these players to make them feel wanted, a part of the team and give them the motivation to work harder to get to where they need to be.

Last edited:
re: Crichton, its obvious he has fallen down the ranks at the Roosters. They would probably not stand in his way if he wanted to leave...So I'd be offering him a 2 year deal, guaranteed starting 17 position and a mid size contract of not more than $400-$500k ...thats better than being #18 every week

Back