Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

whats the news on feledy, has he really regressed in cup that badly?
cliff he has nothing !! he is a one trick pony, he was probably a big kid who could run over people, he stopped growing and absolutely nothing to his game, his hands are not great either, i have watched a few cup games this year, he tries but mark my words he is a long way from first grade and we have him in the top 30 next years.

Luai relies on the players around him to bring the individual brilliance, who do we have that can do what he needs ?
Or… Luai plays football as a pivot that sets his teammates up into the positions on the field that allows them to play to their strengths. It’s called teamwork and a really good playmaker makes all the players around him look better

Don’t think Robbie will be on the coaching staff next year. If there’s one change to be made to it I see that one happening.
totally agree with you here, our attack looks woeful, so side to side, no one straightens it, Galvin tries, though i love Bulla and he had a good game in my eyes, he doesnt know how to straighten the attack

We really failed when we had players like Finucane, Mciness and Hynes available.

Players with very high levels of professionalism and competitiveness.

These players drive culture.
A culture we really lack.

Those players when available would've been exactly what we needed as a club.
While Finucane may have been good for club culture, we made the right call in not signing him. Good player in his day but it just wasn’t meant to be after this stint at the Storm. McInness and Hynes you do have a point but we were still rolling with Brooks so they didn’t see the need for Hynes and McInness was rumoured we tried to sign him but I don’t know if legit or not.

Or… Luai plays football as a pivot that sets his teammates up into the positions on the field that allows them to play to their strengths. It’s called teamwork and a really good playmaker makes all the players around him look better
Even in Cleary’s absence he hasn’t been the main playmaker although he probably was in last nights game I didn’t watch the second half. I know he was the 7 in lower grades so I’m hoping he plays like that when he’s here for us. I think he can do it but not gonna judge until he arrives.

Even in Cleary’s absence he hasn’t been the main playmaker although he probably was in last nights game I didn’t watch the second half. I know he was the 7 in lower grades so I’m hoping he plays like that when he’s here for us. I think he can do it but not gonna judge until he arrives.
So we have spent 1.2 million dollars per season to find out if a player is a capable first receiver/play maker sounds good.

So we have spent 1.2 million dollars per season to find out if a player is a capable first receiver/play maker sounds good.
We spent the money for what he brings, a player who hates losing and very vocal on the field. You always see him barking orders to his teammates you don’t see that often from our boys. Api and Galvin sometimes do but not as much as he would. He would want to make a change to the club culture yes he wasn’t cheap but not many halves would be.

Reactions: 851
We spent the money for what he brings, a player who hates losing and very vocal on the field. You always see him barking orders to his teammates you don’t see that often from our boys. Api and Galvin sometimes do but not as much as he would. He would want to make a change to the club culture yes he wasn’t cheap but not many halves would be.
I understand we were virtually backed into a corner and really had no choice other than to sign him, his record speaks for itself and he’s better than what we currently rely have, but I maintain he’s just an average player without any quality around him.

I understand we were virtually backed into a corner and really had no choice other than to sign him, his record speaks for itself and he’s better than what we currently rely have, but I maintain he’s just an average player without any quality around him.
So Turuva isn’t quality? Olam (although older) still isn’t the best Centre we have at the club? Bula still for now our best Fullback (although he will have a challenge to keep it from next year) our weakest points in the backline is wing and centre, not so much our forward pack they’re doing their job most weeks it’s our halves and backs letting us down mainly our centres and wingers Bula and Olam are the only players that have a starting spot in next years first grade lineup that played today, everyone else has to earn it and like I said with 3 more spots to fill wait to see who takes them up before writing off next year.

So Turuva isn’t quality? Olam (although older) still isn’t the best Centre we have at the club? Bula still for now our best Fullback (although he will have a challenge to keep it from next year) our weakest points in the backline is wing and centre, not so much our forward pack they’re doing their job most weeks it’s our halves and backs letting us down mainly our centres and wingers Bula and Olam are the only players that have a starting spot in next years first grade lineup that played today, everyone else has to earn it and like I said with 3 more spots to fill wait to see who takes them up before writing off next year.
I thought Papali’i, Bula and Olam all went ok today in an overall poor performance.
Galvin and Sam Fainu are still both a work in progress, but showing plenty of promise.
Lack of punch on the edges and flanks is killing us.

Back