Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah, it so hard for any club to sign quality players atm, let alone the Tigers.

I think we are hoping that many of our current first graders will improve and that could certainly happen. When you look at where some of these guys are at in their development, a few could go to the next level.

Players like Bula, Fainus, halves, Maka, Taylan May, Pole, and a few more, so there is some hope.

And lets not forget the coaching staff, massive learning curve
Thats presuming they are capable of learning..spoon/spoon/13th/15th doesnt present an entirely persuasive argument tbh
 
Having your club well funded doesn’t guarantee success but gives you a massive leg up against clubs that are run on the smell of an oil rag. For that reason alone it is absolutely highly unlikely our 2027 campaign will be any different to the last decade.
That especially applies for Pathways, recruitment officers, development officers, identification and recruitment of young players.
 
As you are so fond of doing...imo we can safely assume we were not interested in O'Sullivan given only Broncos and Parra have been mentioned in this story.
The man himself is the common denominator so we can safely assume the story is coming from his camp.
PO'S has the runs on the board putting succesful squads together everywhere so we can safely assume he would 'care enough'.
Success doesnt come to those who dont care...but im happy to hear MM cares a lot
Why would we want to employ someone who's initials are POS. 🤔

We already have enough POS running the joint. 🤣
 
Have we signed Frizell..?Did we do a medical..?
Do we really have 3 mid30s rejects in our 30to "chnge the culture"..?
If they are replacing some of our young non performers on low one year deals as suggested I think it’s not bad business for 2027.
Plus
Frizell’s performance during the semis would suggest he will provide some quality depth in a position we were short in this year

Mann will provide general coverage at a higher level than mason could provide.

Brailey will provide hooker relief for API instead of Hope so that’s a positive.

In theory I think all positive, subject to juniors developing or bigger signings for 2028 ——>
 
It’s funny mtd#2
I see Andrew Johns as being overrated.
I would have him no better than
Sterling
Stuart
Langer

I’m not saying Andrew Johns wasn’t a great player just don’t have him on the same pedestal as others.
Lol
Maybe its who we grew up watching.
Sterling was before my time. Ricky and Langer were the first ones I was really exposed to. Used to absolute love ricky with his long balls and kicking game.. but I thought joey took it to another level. I recall weeks he was injured and the knights lose by 50... he would return the following week and theyd win by 20.. the influence he had on those Newcastle teams was like what you see with a 6 foot 90kg kid in under 9s
 
Last edited:
Back
Top