Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@ said:
we need more signings …

Frustrating, eh!
I know that feeling.
But Coach Cleary said during one of the interviews I heard that the recruitment "would be interesting over the next few months!"

And if the Wests Tigers want a player that is already contracted to another club, they have to wait till November 1 to approach the player, unless the player has been given permission to negotiate by his current club.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
So Dane Gagai has not taken up his option for 2018 with Newcastle, and has informed them he is leaving…...

Who was the knucklehead on here that was adamant that he will never ever leave Newcastle, and had first hand info from Gagai's and his family?

And does anyone know where he has signed? I heard Souths were close. Would have been a great signing for us.

Souths, for $700k plus a year, hence Johnston is feeling left out.

I've been hearing Johnston doesn't want to be at Souths next year and the Tigers are one of many clubs could offer him a contract. I'll be happy as long as the Tigers don't sign him for more than 700K.

700k? Your a comedian?

@ said:
If we're honest, Edwards should be ahead of Nofoaluma everytime. If we had depth, Nofoaluma should be in ISP learning how to defend and regaining the pace he has lost. Edwards is on the way up and any errors made through inexperience would be offset by his far greater pace and defence. Lolohea is an unknown quantity under a quality coach.

I love Nofo as much as anyone in our team, but the bloke is just playing busted. I remember him saying pre-season about how he wanted to work on getting his speed back, and he made an impressive turn-and-chase in the early rounds that gave me hope, but then he went and did his knee again and is back to favouring one side and moving at 70%. If we had the luxury (and if he'd ever agree to it), I'd love to give him a break over Origin just to get his legs healthy and under him again. He was a beast at the start of the year but the wear and tear seems to have taken a toll already (which is worrying). His defence would (hopefully) just be a matter of more time under Cleary, as Ivan said, fatigue brings out bad habits and Nofo has got plenty of those.

@ said:
@ said:
If we're honest, Edwards should be ahead of Nofoaluma everytime. If we had depth, Nofoaluma should be in ISP learning how to defend and regaining the pace he has lost. Edwards is on the way up and any errors made through inexperience would be offset by his far greater pace and defence. Lolohea is an unknown quantity under a quality coach.

I love Nofo as much as anyone in our team, but the bloke is just playing busted. I remember him saying pre-season about how he wanted to work on getting his speed back, and he made an impressive turn-and-chase in the early rounds that gave me hope, but then he went and did his knee again and is back to favouring one side and moving at 70%. If we had the luxury (and if he'd ever agree to it), I'd love to give him a break over Origin just to get his legs healthy and under him again. He was a beast at the start of the year but the wear and tear seems to have taken a toll already (which is worrying). His defence would (hopefully) just be a matter of more time under Cleary, as Ivan said, fatigue brings out bad habits and Nofo has got plenty of those.

Yes all fair comment. Let's hope he regains full fitness.

FONUA TO LEAVE AT END OF SEASON CLUB NEWS MONDAY, 22 MAY 2017

Hull FC have granted permission for Mahe Fonua to leave the club at the end of the season.

The 24-year-old will return to Australia with his wife, Christine, due to family reasons.

Fonua had a further 12 months remaining on his contract with the Black and Whites, but has been given permission to explore opportunities with NRL clubs closer to home and his family.

He is expected to be announced as a 2018 signing at a new club later this week.

Speaking to hullfc.com, Fonua said: “I am extremely grateful for the club’s support and understanding of the situation and how accommodating they have been.

“I have always had ambitions to return to the NRL at some stage, but the timing now is important for my family and for us to be back closer to home.

“I’d like to thank everyone for the support they have shown me whilst we have made this difficult decision. This club, the players and the fans have become very special to us and I will give them the very best service I can for the final few months of my time here.”

Hull FC head coach, Lee Radford, said: “We are obviously disappointed to lose a player of Mahe’s quality, but we completely understand his reasons for returning home.

“It is not the way of our club to stand in the way of a player in these circumstances and Mahe and his family will leave with our blessing and best wishes.

“He arrived as a bit of an unknown quantity to many people, but leaves us having made a real impression on the club and the competition.

“The opportunity to develop and progress with some continuity in selection and performances in Super League, compared to the cut-throat nature of the NRL where some young players can find themselves jumping between first-grade and reserves has certainly benefitted him.

“He has had the opportunity to prove himself, develop his game and returns to the NRL as a better player, which could be our approach again should the right player and opportunity present itself.”

Radford added, “I know Mahe will be doing all he can for the remainder of the season to go out on another high this year.”

- See more at: http://www.hullfc.com/news/2017-05-22-fonua-to-leave-at-end-of-season#sthash.dM7nMOJl.dpuf

I thought we had a thread on Fonua …so rather than start a new one...I thought I'd put this on here...

Sounds like he has developed his game over in the ESL and will be missed by Hull FC..I wonder if Wests Tigers are the Club Fonua expects to announce he's signed with later in the week...

I see Parramatta have released James Hasson and still no mention where he is going ??

Born in Hillingdon, England, Hasson is of Irish descent and moved to Sydney, Australia at a young age. He played his junior rugby league for De La Salle Caringbah JRLFC, before being signed by the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.

In 2011 and 2012, Hasson played for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks' NYC team. In 2013, he joined the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles on a 2-year contract.

In Round 8 of the 2013 NRL season, Hasson made his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles against the St. George Illawarra Dragons. In October and November, he played in 3 games for Ireland in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup. He re-signed with the Sea Eagles on a 1-year contract.

On 6 August 2015, Hasson signed a 1 year contract with the Parramatta Eels starting in 2016.

In 2016, he was called up to the Ireland squad for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup European Pool B qualifiers.

Height: 193cm (6'4")
Weight: 106 kgs

Would he be worth a punt on as your back up prop .. ??

I see the eels are trying to reregister willis meehan that kid was a weapon and someone that would add mongrel to our pack. Downside is he didn't seem like a very decent human

@ said:
I see the eels are trying to reregister willis meehan that kid was a weapon and someone that would add mongrel to our pack. Downside is he didn't seem like a very decent human

Eels apparently are one of a few clubs attempting to sign Matt Lodge.

Not sure if mentioned already - the Mole in a reply to his lolohea tweet says Agnatius Paasi in wt sights

@ said:
Not sure if mentioned already - the Mole in a reply to his lolohea tweet says Agnatius Paasi in wt sights

Excellent. It was a shame when he left the WTs but hopefully we'll see him back in our front row. Bring back Bodene Thompson as well!

@ said:
@ said:

Excellent. It was a shame when he left the WTs but hopefully we'll see him back in our front row. Bring back Bodene Thompson as well!

Did Paasi even come down here, lace up a boot? My understanding was WT offered a contract when he was at Keebra but he never made it due to visa issues, went back to NZ?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Did Paasi even come down here, lace up a boot? My understanding was WT offered a contract when he was at Keebra but he never made it due to visa issues, went back to NZ?

Something like that but I still include him as one of ours. Bodene and Paasi played in the same Keebra team.

@ said:
@ said:

Bodene is off contract and was reported a while back that warriors won't re-sign him. Not sure if that has changed or not.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Bodene is off contract and was reported a while back that warriors won't re-sign him. Not sure if that has changed or not.

Thanks. Bodene is a consistent performer and underrated.

Would be stoked if Paasi came here. Go hard for adam elliot too.

8\. Matulino
9\. mckillrick
10\. packer
11\. mcqueen
12\. elliot
13\. ET

14\. liddle
15\. Lawrence
16\. Twal/Jj felise
17\. Paasi

now that is a good pack. 😀

Paasi used properly off the bench, with a solid pack starting could be gold.

Latest posts

Members online

Back