Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@ said:
its more about the quality than signing players every day or week. we splash a so called $700,000 on Reynolds yet dugan goes for same amount and we really need a fullback, maybe we did make a offer, but it would be nice to see some thing come thru sooner rather than latter.
i will put this to all on this forum, for the last couple of years or there abouts we have had in theory a pretty decent backline and a a-grade pack. now we have signed some starch to the pack for next year, but unless we get some decent backs, we will be in a reverse situation.

You can see Cleary is trying to build a culture and some players don't fit that I doubt Dugan is the culture builder he wants

@ said:
@ said:
its more about the quality than signing players every day or week. we splash a so called $700,000 on Reynolds yet dugan goes for same amount and we really need a fullback, maybe we did make a offer, but it would be nice to see some thing come thru sooner rather than latter.
i will put this to all on this forum, for the last couple of years or there abouts we have had in theory a pretty decent backline and a a-grade pack. now we have signed some starch to the pack for next year, but unless we get some decent backs, we will be in a reverse situation.

You can see Cleary is trying to build a culture and some players don't fit that I doubt Dugan is the culture builder he wants

Something doesn't add up with Dugan… all along he wanted "fullback" money yet supposedly he took $700k to play centre for sharks... surely the dragqueens offered $700 k or close to it???

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Something doesn't add up with Dugan… all along he wanted "fullback" money yet supposedly he took $700k to play centre for sharks... surely the dragqueens offered $700 k or close to it???

Dragons offered 750k i believe.

@ said:

I read somewhere on here weeks ago that quoted "The Tigers were not at all interested in Dugan."

I was happy with that - they obviously had reasons.

Honestly stuffed if i know why the obsession around Dugan. He plays 12 games a year. No thanks, Sharks can have him.

@ said:
Honestly stuffed if i know why the obsession around Dugan. He plays 12 games a year. No thanks, Sharks can have him.

Read a stat…he's played something like 2 from 5 full years in the past 5 seasons.

@ said:

We'll we needed a playmaker more so. I'm not sure what the Reynolds signing has to do with Dugan. Our backline capable of brilliance in attack but inconsistent and poor defensively.

@ said:
@ said:

Read a stat…he's played something like 2 from 5 full years in the past 5 seasons.

I pointed that out the other day. 75 games in the last 5 years. That equates to almost half that time on the sidelines. You'd be crazy signing a guy with that record for 350k, let alone 700.

@ said:
@ said:

I read somewhere on here weeks ago that quoted "The Tigers were not at all interested in Dugan."

That's right, I don't think he was ever on our radar and thankfully not - overrated by many (including himself) and injury prone. Would rather Gordon.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

That's right, I don't think he was ever on our radar and thankfully not - overrated by many (including himself) and injury prone. Would rather Gordon.

Sharks will get the best of him though. Think it's a good signing for them.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I pointed that out the other day. 75 games in the last 5 years. That equates to almost half that time on the sidelines. You'd be crazy signing a guy with that record for 350k, let alone 700.

Tedesco would have roughly the same % of overall games missed wouldn't he? Or very close to it. Roosters have somehow managed to find $1.2 or $1.4 million per season (going by figures quoted) in the lolly jar to put Tedesco on their books.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Sharks will get the best of him though. Think it's a good signing for them.

Sharkies will pump Dugan up full o' peptides and he probably will gain 20 kilo's of muscle and never miss a game for the rest of his career. It worked for Gallen.

i know Liddle is a very a good dummy half, but i think we should get a new one. i think put Liddle on the bench to give us strike power later on in the game. MM lets in too many penalties and i know he can tackle but he hasn't been 100% this year. Kaysa Pritchard, Michael Lichaa, there only 2 we could get.

@ said:
i know Liddle is a very a good dummy half, but i think we should get a new one. i think put Liddle on the bench to give us strike power later on in the game. MM lets in too many penalties and i know he can tackle but he hasn't been 100% this year. Kaysa Pritchard, Michael Lichaa, there only 2 we could get.

You think we have problems at hooker and your solution is to target the two worst hookers in the competition?

@ said:
@ said:

You think we have problems at hooker and your solution is to target the two worst hookers in the competition?

×2

Hooker is where we are strong. Mckillrick has been kikking it Imagine him begind acdecent forwardcpack?. Pritchard and lichaa i wouldnt play in the nsw cup team.

@ said:
@ said:

I Regret saying lichaa but Kaysa Pritchard 2017:
473 Tackles 4th this year)
334 Running Metres
1 Try
45 Hit Ups
Average 43 Tackles A Game
2 Try Assists
1 Line Breaks:

Pretty good for a little dummy half

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I Regret saying lichaa but Kaysa Pritchard 2017:
473 Tackles 4th this year)
334 Running Metres
1 Try
45 Hit Ups
Average 43 Tackles A Game
2 Try Assists
1 Line Breaks:

Pretty good for a little dummy half

He has the 4th most tackles because he's one of the only hookers that is meant to be playing 80 minutes. He has a higher missed tackle % than McIlwrick. He has played a lot more minutes than McIlwrick and yet he has made less running metres at a lower average and has made less linebreaks and scored less tries. He has also made 7 errors whereas McIlwrick has made 1.

Statistics do not make a compelling case for going to market in order to buy Kaysa Pritchard off the Eels.

If we were going to get a new hooker, Mitch Rein would be top of the list. But, we don't need one, Mcilwrick and Liddle are doing a good job. No need to fix something that isn't broken.

Latest posts

Members online

Back