Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@Hbom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103284) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103237) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103234) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103232) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103215) said:
@TillLindemann said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103203) said:
This is the last time I get my hopes up from a rumoured signing. If Doueihi isn't signed tomorrow I'll lose it.

For Doueihi?

Ill be more annoyed if signing Doueihi prevents signing BJ

Signing BJ does not address the issue of a chronic lack of pace.

Agreed but the reason we want pace is to enable line breaks/score tries. BJ clearly addresses the issue of breaking the line/scoring tries.

Particularly if our pack improves as we hope. Sometimes to me when we are in the oppositions 20 is when we look least likely to score. IMO BJ will certainly help there.

We can break the line ok, but it is worthless because Nofoaluma and Jennings do not have the pace to finish. If we don't sign pacey players this off season, our recruitment has been a disaster.

I'm with you. Reckon we would have been better off keeping tedesco, papenhuyzen, addo carr, korobete and mcdonnell.

Lament thread Mate!

This is the last time I get my hopes up from a rumoured signing. If Doueihi isn't signed tomorrow I'll lose it.

For Doueihi?

Agreed but the reason we want pace is to enable line breaks/score tries. BJ clearly addresses the issue of breaking the line/scoring tries.

Particularly if our pack improves as we hope. Sometimes to me when we are in the oppositions 20 is when we look least likely to score. IMO BJ will certainly help there.

We can break the line ok, but it is worthless because Nofoaluma and Jennings do not have the pace to finish. If we don't sign pacey players this off season, our recruitment has been a disaster.

I'm with you. Reckon we would have been better off keeping tedesco, papenhuyzen, addo carr, korobete and mcdonnell.

Hindsight much....

Is everyone forgetting Cleary and J Taylor
Both came in and left us in a big mess
We are still paying for it
Out of those two Cleary wins hands down with his famous saying
"Your either on the Bus or off the Bus"
What bus you drongo

Onwards and upwards
New coach Maguire ✔
Recruitment this season Walters, Luc Leilua, Musgrove, Stefano 2021✔
BJ if he comes ✔
AD if he comes ✔ and he will be our player of the year

BJ will certainly help there.

I felt in 2018 Esan Marsters was our only go-to guy to score tries. He seemed to be able to break the line easily and whilst he wasn't super quick he had an offload that helped our Wingers Nofa and Corey. BJ inside Nofa will be a better combo than BJ & Rapana! The space this big Unit will cause for Nofo will be HUGE!

@The_Doc said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103287) said:
@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103236) said:
No hard feelings towards Joey on the raiders forum. Most of them that have posted are sad to see him go and view it as a big loss for them.

So they think he’s coming here too?

Reacting to the same article. They suspect he's definitely gone and was only a matter of time.

@LeichhardtTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103291) said:
BJ will certainly help there.

I felt in 2018 Esan Marsters was our only go-to guy to score tries. He seemed to be able to break the line easily and whilst he wasn't super quick he had an offload that helped our Wingers Nofa and Corey. BJ inside Nofa will be a better combo than BJ & Rapana! The space this big Unit will cause for Nofo will be HUGE!

What will make a huge difference, particularly in the oppositions 20 is that in the past we have had players who potentially break the line and we have players who are ok, as you say Masters was the target.....but have never had a player that causes oppositions defence lines heads to lift and start pointing. For mine BJ will be, he certainly was for our defence when he played against us.

he will attract defence and may open up for those around him, especially with that offload.

@Roar_Power said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103289) said:

For Doueihi?

Hindsight much....

Sarcasm. Sorry.

@OzLuke said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103265) said:
@ElleryHanley said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103264) said:
@Demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103256) said:
How good is it gonna be when we cut loose the duds like McQueen and Reynolds.
Cant wait.

Has there ever been a worse signing that McQueen?

3 years for 1.2 million. In that time, played about 4 games total? Maybe one hard hit up?

Josh could be worse though...3 million total, 1.5 mill so far for about 6 total games? Maybe 2 try assists? Lots of enthusiasm, but we could have hired a cheer squad for cheaper.

Anasta??

Add to that list;

Ryan O'hara
Sam Harris
Jamal Lolesi
Jamal Idris

@cktiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103137) said:
@tigerap said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103129) said:
@wokesmoke said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103063) said:
@TopTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103052) said:
Doesn't Douehi still live around the Concord area with his parents, more likely then to sign with Tigers than Storm as he is very close to his family from all reports.

Strathfield

He went to St Patrick's College Strathfield, same year as my son...if he does leave Souffs it wont be to the Storm if he has another Sydney based offer

Obviously a union background then, my son went there.
Any idea what position he played?

CK,I went to Chevalier College Bowral,we played against St Pats many times,they quite often produced some very talented footballers,I don't know how many converted to league but they were pretty tough and classy as far as schoolboy rugby went...

@Demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103273) said:
@OzLuke said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103265) said:
@ElleryHanley said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103264) said:
@Demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103256) said:
How good is it gonna be when we cut loose the duds like McQueen and Reynolds.
Cant wait.

Has there ever been a worse signing that McQueen?

3 years for 1.2 million. In that time, played about 4 games total? Maybe one hard hit up?

Josh could be worse though...3 million total, 1.5 mill so far for about 6 total games? Maybe 2 try assists? Lots of enthusiasm, but we could have hired a cheer squad for cheaper.

Anasta??

Yep.

Ballin, Gamble, Tui.
McQueen is a drain.
Kyle Lovett - and Jason Taylor compounded by playing him in the centres on occasions which made Fitzhenry feel good

Taken from the Raiders Forum.. pretty much sums up my opinion regarding BJ. Clear upgrade on anything we have and have had recently

-PJ- wrote: ↑January 19, 2020, 2:46 pm
I sent a txt to a WT fan telling him they may..MAY..be chasing BJ.

His response was" yeah he'd be handy".

Handy..you've got squat you dumbbell..

He'll win you're player of the year award..daylight 2nd..get a grip you idiot...
I swear the rest of the RL world just doesn't "get" Joey. I get similar reactions from mates who support other teams when I mention him.

They are quite frankly, philistines, the lot of them. They don't deserve him!

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103022) said:
@TrueTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103004) said:
I still think if se can get AD and BJ,then that would suffice for us until more room becomes available so Madge can have a good crack at recruiting top shelf players for 2021,we aren't to bad as a team,some want an Easts type roster,but that wont ever happen...we are a very honest club..

We had the room available now and the cap space.

We do, but you and I as well as many others have no clue what Madge and co have planned for 2021,who they target or are already in contact with is only known to them...no doubt they will inform members when they reveal their plans..in the meantime sit back and enjoy the upcoming show ...season 2020...

@TrueTiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103300) said:
Doesn't Douehi still live around the Concord area with his parents, more likely then to sign with Tigers than Storm as he is very close to his family from all reports.

Strathfield

He went to St Patrick's College Strathfield, same year as my son...if he does leave Souffs it wont be to the Storm if he has another Sydney based offer

CK,I went to Chevalier College Bowral,we played against St Pats many times,they quite often produced some very talented footballers,I don't know how many converted to league but they were pretty tough and classy as far as schoolboy rugby went...

Made plenty of trips there TT. As you know you have to play all over the place lol.

Strathfield

Some kids play both League and Union, depending on what day their non-school club footy is on. Some kids are actually Leaguies and just play a bit of Union because of their school.

I believe Doueihi has always been a League player, he didn't convert, but he did play Rugby Schoolboys

Interesting tidbit - St Pats originally played League. Most of the schools in the area did/do, but you know St Pats has a high opinion of itself for an Inner West school.

as schoolboy rugby went

St Pats Strathfield? They were a solid Rugby school. Lebs were good hookahs, My Cousin couldn't handle it though (Croatian). He was a decent soccer player. The school wouldn't let him play in the district comp cos School soccer came 1st so his parents sent him to the AIS. He became the most valuable player in OZ at his peak. Winning Grand Final scorer for Sydney Olympic vs Perth Glory back in the day. Went overseas and came back to coach The Olyroos and was Asst to his brother in law Tony Popovic at the Western Sydney Wanderers enjoying Asia Cup success. Then went on to be Asst Socceroos Coach and took over the Women's Soccer team The Matilda's after the ex-coach scandal. Ante Milicic is the inaugural coach for next year's newest A-League team from CAMPBELLTOWN Macarthur FC!

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103341) said:

Strathfield

Some kids play both League and Union, depending on what day their non-school club footy is on. Some kids are actually Leaguies and just play a bit of Union because of their school.

I believe Doueihi has always been a League player, he didn't convert, but he did play Rugby Schoolboys

Interesting tidbit - St Pats originally played League. Most of the schools in the area did/do, but you know St Pats has a high opinion of itself for an Inner West school.

Pats converted to Union in the 60s I believe. Their Rugby isn’t that strong anymore but as someone else said a fair few boys play both League and Union and they do produce the odd good’un like Doueihi.

What do you mean when you say St. Pats has a high opinion of itself?

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103326) said:
Joey can get exposed defensively ...can get very lazy defending a blind side

Just watch the winning try from the grand final last season it’s a prime example

@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103293) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103108) said:
When does JAC come ?

He has already been

Did you miss it?

Can't blame anyone if they did, largely over shadowed by superstars such as Rankin at the time.

Back