@Hbom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103296) said:
@Roar_Power said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103289) said:
@Hbom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103284) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103237) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103234) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103232) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103215) said:
@TillLindemann said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103203) said:
This is the last time I get my hopes up from a rumoured signing. If Doueihi isn't signed tomorrow I'll lose it.

For Doueihi?

Ill be more annoyed if signing Doueihi prevents signing BJ

Signing BJ does not address the issue of a chronic lack of pace.

Agreed but the reason we want pace is to enable line breaks/score tries. BJ clearly addresses the issue of breaking the line/scoring tries.

Particularly if our pack improves as we hope. Sometimes to me when we are in the oppositions 20 is when we look least likely to score. IMO BJ will certainly help there.

We can break the line ok, but it is worthless because Nofoaluma and Jennings do not have the pace to finish. If we don't sign pacey players this off season, our recruitment has been a disaster.

I'm with you. Reckon we would have been better off keeping tedesco, papenhuyzen, addo carr, korobete and mcdonnell.

Hindsight much....

Sarcasm. Sorry.

Haha sorry, I didnt have the detector on.

@Cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103290) said:
Is everyone forgetting Cleary and J Taylor
Both came in and left us in a big mess
We are still paying for it
Out of those two Cleary wins hands down with his famous saying
"Your either on the Bus or off the Bus"
What bus you drongo

Onwards and upwards
New coach Maguire ✔
Recruitment this season Walters, Luc Leilua, Musgrove, Stefano 2021✔
BJ if he comes ✔
AD if he comes ✔ and he will be our player of the year

Then why do we continue to sing the “on the bus” Cleary/Wiggles jingle? I totally agree with you , we are headed in the right direction, but the culture developed by Potter, Taylor and Cleary can hold us back if we let it. Only a fool doesn’t learn from the mistakes of the past, regardless of who makes those blunders.
We need to recognise our young talent and facilitate its growth. We need to grow legends of the game and praise their achievements. When was the last time Blocker and Tommy gave our boys some encouraging words in the shed??
What does this have to do with recruitment? Plenty!

@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103292) said:
@The_Doc said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103287) said:
@WT2K said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103236) said:
No hard feelings towards Joey on the raiders forum. Most of them that have posted are sad to see him go and view it as a big loss for them.

So they think he’s coming here too?

Reacting to the same article. They suspect he's definitely gone and was only a matter of time.

Its been on the radar for sometime another salary cap causality.Still reckon we go in big time for either Crocker Whighton or Cotric keep pressure on the Raiders.

@finnzo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103345) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103326) said:
Joey can get exposed defensively ...can get very lazy defending a blind side

Just watch the winning try from the grand final last season it’s a prime example

Yeah but they probably wouldn’t have been in the GF without him. He was a big part of there success last year.

It’s easy to focus on the negatives - but BJ has far more upside than downside. He puts in every game and is streaks infront of anything we have had in the backline for a long long time.

Imagine him and Noffa 1-2 combo - will give a few team nightmares and start us off very well each set. Plenty of tries will come that side for us as well.

@Mighty_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103363) said:

Just watch the winning try from the grand final last season it’s a prime example

Yeah but they probably wouldn’t have been in the GF without him. He was a big part of there success last year.

It’s easy to focus on the negatives - but BJ has far more upside than downside. He puts in every game and is streaks infront of anything we have had in the backline for a long long time.

Imagine him and Noffa 1-2 combo - will give a few team nightmares and start us off very well each set. Plenty of tries will come that side for us as well.

JL was successful at the Raiders because he had Jordan Rapana outside of him. If it is intended to buy JL, we will need to buy or promote from the lower grads a top quality finisher who is also strong defensively. Finishing means length of the field not only from 10 metres out and it does not include being pulled down form behind when in the clear.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103237) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103234) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103232) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103215) said:
@TillLindemann said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103203) said:
This is the last time I get my hopes up from a rumoured signing. If Doueihi isn't signed tomorrow I'll lose it.

For Doueihi?

Ill be more annoyed if signing Doueihi prevents signing BJ

Signing BJ does not address the issue of a chronic lack of pace.

Agreed but the reason we want pace is to enable line breaks/score tries. BJ clearly addresses the issue of breaking the line/scoring tries.

Particularly if our pack improves as we hope. Sometimes to me when we are in the oppositions 20 is when we look least likely to score. IMO BJ will certainly help there.

We can break the line ok, but it is worthless because Nofoaluma and Jennings do not have the pace to finish. If we don't sign pacey players this off season, our recruitment has been a disaster.

Well Jennings looks about 10kg lighter this year so that might address his issues.

Happy to take BJ on. Centre is a position we are dire in. A little concerned about Doueihi's lack of ability to score at FB especially with a quality side like Souths. But he does have upside I guess and if he is given the position to work with from the start there may be improvement.

Everyone loves a good BJ.

Joey Leilua is expected to meet with Michael Maguire in the coming days while Adam Doueihi remains on WT's radar (Daily Telegraph)
https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1219017024921161728?s=19

Leilua would be solid - just worry about his brain explosions. Madge might be able to keep it in check.

I really hope we're still doing all we can on JAC.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103370) said:
@Mighty_Tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103363) said:

JL was successful at the Raiders because he had Jordan Rapana outside of him. If it is intended to buy JL, we will need to buy or promote from the lower grads a top quality finisher who is also strong defensively. Finishing means length of the field not only from 10 metres out and it does not include being pulled down form behind when in the clear.

He scored plenty of tries, broke lots of tackles and made plenty of offloads all by himself. They made each other better by their combination. Rapana looked much less dangerous when playing for NZ than when he had Leilua at centre.
I’d prefer we get a strike fullback but that’s not happening so I’m fine with them going after Leilua. He definitely provides a big headache for defences.

Dont just follow along because Andrew Johns says so. The reason BJ was slow to get back in the line is he saved a try the tackle before with a great legs tackle which unfortunately means a fast ptb. I blame Rapana & Sezer for taht last try.

No one to blame for that try ,both teams were gassed.
Roosters are a ridiculously dangerous team with the ball and seized the opportunity

@Moh said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103390) said:
Leilua would be solid - just worry about his brain explosions. Madge might be able to keep it in check.

I really hope we're still doing all we can on JAC.

We are better off with him than without him.

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103401) said:
Yeah he is an upgrade but could we do better with the money we have spare ...

Really? Who?

@bbobb said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103344) said:
What do you mean when you say St. Pats has a high opinion of itself?

I mean that St Pats tries to position itself as one of the fancy schools in the area, but it's just a regular Christian Bros with average sporting and academic achievements. And everyone likes beating them in any endeavour possible.

Shame they don't play League anymore; there's so much energy wasted in schoolboy rugby, that has no long term purpose within the 4th-ranked dying football code. You've got all these kids in ISA / CAS / GPS schools, the latter with their faux exclusivity and horrendous school fees, plying away at rugby to then play Shute Shield or maybe jag some pointless Super Rugby spot, until the powers close a franchise down.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103403) said:

I mean that St Pats tries to position itself as one of the fancy schools in the area, but it's just a regular Christian Bros with average sporting and academic achievements. And everyone likes beating them in any endeavour possible.

Shame they don't play League anymore; there's so much energy wasted in schoolboy rugby, that has no long term purpose within the 4th-ranked dying football code. You've got all these kids in ISA / CAS / GPS schools, the latter with their faux exclusivity and horrendous school fees, plying away at rugby to then play Shute Shield or maybe jag some pointless Super Rugby spot, until the powers close a franchise down.

Very, very sad, don’t you think?

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103403) said:

For these schools, Rugby is not the end game, the business networks and contacts are the real game, Rugby is the ticket for entry.

@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103394) said:

Dont just follow along because Andrew Johns says so. The reason BJ was slow to get back in the line is he saved a try the tackle before with a great legs tackle which unfortunately means a fast ptb. I blame Rapana & Sezer for taht last try.

I blame the ref
The 6 again call killed the game IMO

@Tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103402) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1103401) said:
Yeah he is an upgrade but could we do better with the money we have spare ...

Really? Who?

We are an NRL club and have cash/opportunities available. I do not think it is necessary to expand on this fact. However, if you need to ask that question, the situation at WTs must be dire indeed. Is this so?

Also, JL is being let go by the Raiders. With Scott aboard, the Raiders are a much stronger outfit. Why didn't we go after Scott? I know he has issues but with maturity comes improved off field behaviour.

Back