Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490586) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490566) said:
@jai_donaldson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490530) said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CU19GT0h-7E/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Buzz on the drink again maybe?

A large number of fans were outraged, so i've no doubt a few players were equally perplexed as to how Brooks was a co winner ahead of Doueihi. It's an incredibly poor decision that is the equivalent of just painting we accept and celebrate mediocrity on the front of every player's jersey.

Players have a very different mindset to fans. I’d be surprised if they cared. It’s not like there is a cash prize. And on the off chance they were upset, well then maybe they should have turned up more often. Maybe it will give them some fire for next year. Not counting on that though.

I'm sure buzz has over dramatised the response of the player in question. It would have been much more matter of fact that in a general conversation two people had and the award was brought up and the player goes 'i'm a bit surprised adam didn't get it' and the press make it sound like a player mutiny is in progress.

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490584) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490582) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490581) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490571) said:
@tilllindemann said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490569) said:

What does it say? I don't have instagram so can't access the link.

Buzz just polarising popular opinion nothing exciting.

I fail to see how any player can afford to point the finger if this rubbish is true.

The story on Fox says that several players were dumbfounded that Brooks won the award and not Douehi. Can't say that I blame them for being considered confused by that decision

You need to learn how to defend before you can be considered for a top award.

What about a halfback who can't pass, kick, direct or talk?

Isn't Douehi in the halves also. Maybe he should pick up a bit of that slack. I love how its always Brooks' fault in a 17 man team.

@2041 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490589) said:
I'm always amazed by how everyone goes on about how much they hate journalists and how they're all vermin who make everything up, until one of them says something they want to hear (ie "Brooks is bad"). Honestly who gives a toss? The players are on holiday and in all likelihood couldn't give a monkey's about a stupid award at the end of a bad season. Rothfield has called one of his player manager contacts and asked for something he can report on while nothing's happening in the comp, and there are people on here who - apparently sincerely - want the Tigers to conduct a review into who won the participation trophy. Rothfield and his mates have you dancing on a string.

Wests Tigers fans sucked in by Rothfield!

@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490593) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490586) said:

A large number of fans were outraged, so i've no doubt a few players were equally perplexed as to how Brooks was a co winner ahead of Doueihi. It's an incredibly poor decision that is the equivalent of just painting we accept and celebrate mediocrity on the front of every player's jersey.

Players have a very different mindset to fans. I’d be surprised if they cared. It’s not like there is a cash prize. And on the off chance they were upset, well then maybe they should have turned up more often. Maybe it will give them some fire for next year. Not counting on that though.

I'm sure buzz has over dramatised the response of the player in question. It would have been much more matter of fact that in a general conversation two people had and the award was brought up and the player goes 'i'm a bit surprised adam didn't get it' and the press make it sound like a player mutiny is in progress.

wasn't even a player - it was a "player manager" lol

@tiger-ferret said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490543) said:

I’d like to think the players would support who ever won it and if were disappointed, they should work harder to win it next season. Culture problem if true which only reiterates what we already know.

Edit: suspect, not know

Everyone wants a gold star today

Gotta agree.

“It is a really interesting one and Michael Maguire, Adam Hartigan and board member Danny Stapleton vote for the player of the year,”

No surprises brooks favourite. Just found our list of who we need to exit the club asap

Shame we missed out on fogarty.
I think he would have really steered our team around. Cheap too

I fail to see how any player can afford to point the finger if this rubbish is true.

The story on Fox says that several players were dumbfounded that Brooks won the award and not Douehi. Can't say that I blame them for being considered confused by that decision

Really well not sure you noticed or watch the team play, they were all crap and not one of them get to judge.

But hey if it makes you feel big pointing out Brooks I'll leave that up to you.

100 percent

I don't get this love affair with Fogarty - he is no better than Brooks although i must admit he would be on less coin. Personally i think he only joined Canberra so he wouldn't be embarrassed by Papalii again.

@tigertuff said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490594) said:

Isn't Douehi in the halves also. Maybe he should pick up a bit of that slack. I love how its always Brooks' fault in a 17 man team.

People believe what the media tell them to believe

@geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490599) said:
Lol Buzz is pond scum…unless

You've been reading up on this discovery - "Missing link between humans and pond scum discovered, holds promise for cancer research"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2019/11/19/rna-component-of-telomerase-enzymes-mayhelp-humans-live-longer/4237080002/

@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490605) said:

Don’t think it’s missing out if you didn’t try.

@tigertuff said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490594) said:

Ah, so now it's Doueihi contributing to Brooks being less than adequate as an organising and controlling halfback. Geez, just keep making the excuses and drinking the coolaid. Was Brooks shoved from pillar to post by Maguire in team selections? No, it was Doueihi to accommodate Brooks. I like Brooks but after 9 odd years let's call the waiting over and try him somewhere else. I'd love him to be a 1 club player for us, but surely it has to now be another position in the squad than halfback. As many have suggest #9 or #14 or #6.

@aceshigh said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490577) said:
To be honest none of that mob should have got any awards , they should have shamed the ones who gave up chasing when opponents were allowed to stroll round under the posts

And that effort in defence is probably a big reason as to who was awarded and who was not.

@formerguest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490627) said:
@aceshigh said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490577) said:
To be honest none of that mob should have got any awards , they should have shamed the ones who gave up chasing when opponents were allowed to stroll round under the posts

And that effort in defence is probably a big reason as to who was awarded and who was not.

I would certainly agree that Brooks was our best defensive player in the backs and more than a few of our forwards could learn from him also.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490621) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1490605) said:

Don’t think it’s missing out if you didn’t try.

Missing out on the opportunity

Tautau Moga has signed with St George. I think that might mean that Curtis Scott went cold on them, meaning he may end up at WT rather soon...

Back